Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Communications and Electronics (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f40/)
-   -   Infinity sub worth a damn (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f40/infinity-sub-worth-a-damn-14884.html)

Smeghead 01-18-2008 04:19 AM

Infinity sub worth a damn

Is this worth a damn?
nice and small but does it thump my kikin tooons out :)

kEat 01-18-2008 07:08 AM

It's not going to give you window-shattering bass, but it will give your music a good bass-y sound. If all you're looking for is just to add some bass to your music, then this will be perfect. If you're looking to make your wheels fly off, you'll be better off with a sub/box/amp combo.

hedonist 01-18-2008 12:01 PM

Smeg,

Man, stop posting because you're making me want to buy more stuff for my Jeep right now.

j/k.

My jeep budget is zero right now and when you dangle cool things like this, I start twitching to want to buy this.

By the way, a buddy of mine has this in his SUV and it ROCKS!!!!!!! Wonder how it does in muddy and moist conditions if you know what I'm talking about.

Smeghead 01-18-2008 05:07 PM

I have a nice 12" sub right now that when turned up you can feel through your spine but doesnt shake the windows (just the rear view mirror a little)

Thats the kind of thump I want, but the box i have now is very visible and will stick up over the back with the tops off, so im looking for a lower profile one, this looked ok

HkdOnJP 01-18-2008 10:07 PM

i just bought mine and installed it it super easy to install and again it doesnt make your mirrors fall off but turned all the way up you def feel it but you can go to a bassy song to tom petty and it still sounds great and you dont even touch it

hedonist 01-18-2008 10:24 PM

^

HOw does it sound on the freeway with the top off and the doors off?

Smeghead 01-18-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HkdOnJP (Post 183753)
i just bought mine and installed it it super easy to install and again it doesnt make your mirrors fall off but turned all the way up you def feel it but you can go to a bassy song to tom petty and it still sounds great and you dont even touch it

Would you compare it a typical OEM underseat sytle sub? Or a cheap aftermarket one? A typical OEM type one (like you get in some Jeep and some trucks) is NOT gonna be nearly enough for me, but my 500w amp and 12" sub is plenty.
Maybe ill just have to go to bestbuy and play with one

dwdrums801 01-18-2008 11:08 PM

for 200 bucks yo can get ALOT better thats all im saying

Smeghead 01-18-2008 11:28 PM

This is sounding very attractive to me..

Dutch 01-22-2008 10:24 PM

I'm an installer in an audio shop and have the word on those bad boys. They are good kickers in an extended cab pickup like a ranger, but aren't that good in large areas. They produce a tight sealed thump that is a little corny. If you listen to a lot of rock/country they aren't too bad, but if you want some bass you would be better off with a standard sub in a sealed box in a Wrangler. If you want to save space check out a 10" with a truck box, but if you can afford the space you could look at a 12 or a deeper 10.