Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Texas Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f53/)
-   -   West Texas Jeepers - Meet & Greet (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f53/west-texas-jeepers-meet-and-greet-149119.html)

The Toolman 03-26-2012 02:59 PM

West Texas Jeepers - Meet & Greet
 
This has been talked about in the "West Texas Jeepers" thread. Before I set a date & place, since there is such diversity in schedules, I thought I would get everyone's input on what weekends work or absolutely DO NOT work for them.

Looks like the location will be somewhere in the Midland/Odessa area.

Thoughts, ideas?

The Toolman 03-26-2012 11:14 PM

Hmm...This may take a while, lol

The Toolman 03-27-2012 01:47 AM

My first consideration as far as location would be between Rockin' Q Smokehouse & Bahama Bucks off of Grandview beside HEB in Odessa. Plenty of room & there's places for eats & drinks all around.

Craven Moorehead 03-27-2012 09:52 AM

I am in Abilene. I am off every for the most part W-Sat. Gotta love being a nurse!!!

The Toolman 03-27-2012 01:21 PM

Any Saturday works, anyone not free on Saturdays?

The Toolman 03-27-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craven Moorehead
I am in Abilene. I am off every for the most part W-Sat. Gotta love being a nurse!!!

My wife is a nurse :thumb:

maxdout 03-27-2012 09:53 PM

I am in lamesa,I am interested in meeting up and fourwheelin with some people I am new at this and don't know anyone or where they go to

The Toolman 03-27-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxdout (Post 2190045)
I am in lamesa,I am interested in meeting up and fourwheelin with some people I am new at this and don't know anyone or where they go to

Awesome, thanks for stopping in. That's one of the reasons I wanted to try to put this together. There's a few places around here to do some decent wheeling, just gotta get everyone to share where those places are ;)

Welcome to the group :wavey:

maxdout 03-27-2012 10:13 PM

If anyone gets a trip up on the weekends give me a shout.

The Toolman 03-27-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxdout
If anyone gets a trip up on the weekends give me a shout.

Will do, we actually have a little buddy in Lubbock. Lamesa is a lot closer to him than Odessa is, may have to set up a meet around your way sometime as well :thumb:

maxdout 03-27-2012 10:19 PM

Sounds good, I have a 2002 tj, what lift do you recommend I am thinking a 4 " I have 31" tires on it and it's an auto. 373 gears I think that is stock

The Toolman 03-27-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxdout
Sounds good, I have a 2002 tj, what lift do you recommend I am thinking a 4 " I have 31" tires on it and it's an auto. 373 gears I think that is stock

I have a 4" suspension lift on mine, works great for tires up to 35's in my opinion. Any taller of tires, I would go with a 6" or a little higher. Depends on how much you intend to do to it & with it. We can discuss it further in the "West Texas Jeepers" thread ;)

The Toolman 03-29-2012 11:43 AM

Anyone else have any input?

For now, looks like the first one will be Saturday, April 21 at 12:00 noon in Odessa at the Bahama Bucks/Rocking' Q Smokehouse parking lot behind H-E-B

Redjeep99 03-29-2012 04:54 PM

i have a 99 tj with a 4" lift with 33" it works good if you don't plan on doing alot of flexing and plan on regearing it i have 4.56's and it is night and day to the 3.73's

The Toolman 03-29-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redjeep99
i have a 99 tj with a 4" lift with 33" it works good if you don't plan on doing alot of flexing and plan on regearing it i have 4.56's and it is night and day to the 3.73's

You going to try to make it to the meet & greet?

Redjeep99 03-29-2012 08:15 PM

Yeah I'm up for it just let me know when and where

The Toolman 03-30-2012 09:40 AM

Will do, I'm going to move the date to May 5th probably, had an event come up for April 21st so will not be able to be there for the first date I posted. It also gives people more time chime in & plan.

jmcollett 03-30-2012 01:46 PM

Me and my wife would be interested in this.

May the 5th is a bad date for us though...we will be jeepin at K2 that weekend.

The Toolman 03-30-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcollett
Me and my wife would be interested in this.

May the 5th is a bad date for us though...we will be jeepin at K2 that weekend.

Not a problem, what is a good weekend for you, we could make it for the previous weekend .... April 28th?

The Jeep club I am in will be doing a trash pickup along side a highway near McCamey that they have adopted on the 21st so that weekend is out for me.

jmcollett 03-30-2012 06:45 PM

April 28th would be a good weekend for me. I can try and get the rest of the folks in the Rock Hard Jeep Club to join in also.

We will be at the trash pick up on April 21st.

We met you yesterday at the RHJC meeting. You should join us on the Jeep trip to K2 on May the 5th.

The Toolman 03-30-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcollett
April 28th would be a good weekend for me. I can try and get the rest of the folks in the Rock Hard Jeep Club to join in also.

We will be at the trash pick up on April 21st.

We met you yesterday at the RHJC meeting. You should join us on the Jeep trip to K2 on May the 5th.

I'll check my work schedule, if there are no conflicts I would be game to join for sure

Redjeep99 03-30-2012 10:17 PM

I can do april 28th let me know

Maniacal 12-17-2012 12:41 AM

Wow no love for WTX? We should all go do something!!!

The Toolman 12-18-2012 09:09 PM

Completely agree, we should re-visit this idea. Had a good time with a few other local Jeepers this last weekend. It definitely would be nice to have more come out next time.

Andrewm1a 01-15-2013 09:34 PM

I just bought a 2007 Jeep wrangler 2dr last weekend and live in San Angelo. New tires but aside from that, stock at the moment. If there is another get together planned let me know, the old girl needs to be broken in!

Maniacal 02-10-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrewm1a
I just bought a 2007 Jeep wrangler 2dr last weekend and live in San Angelo. New tires but aside from that, stock at the moment. If there is another get together planned let me know, the old girl needs to be broken in!

I'm in abilene. I go out all the time to the local lakes and get stupid. Here is a video of just yesterday.
http://youtu.be/rjXWcK_ryBc


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 AM.