Hello All: :wavey:
Before you know it we will be dealing with the Summer sun.What do you all
recommend for a new Rubicon to keep the black fenders and hardtop
from fading to gray?
Thank you for your expertise!

Regards
Dante

#12 ·
My fenders are faded completely gray. I put plain old tire shine on them. I stumbled upon this after the tire shine would sling up off the tires onto the fenders. It works great and as for the hard top, I just wax it when it starts looking gray-ish.
There is a night and day difference between TJ and JK plastic.

#11 ·
As stated above, Turtle Wax Ice works very well, and will not leave white marks on your black plastic, 303 Aerospace Protectant is also very good for ALL your plastic surfaces, fenders, bumpers, soft top, dash....The makers of 303 make other products also, here is a link to find a store near you that sells 303, or you can order direct.
Where to Buy 303 Products. Complete On-line searchable database to find a 303 Retailer near you.
These two products plus Invisible Glass for your glass surfaces, have done a great job for me.:thumb:

#13 ·
I was really shocked how well 303 worked. It is expensive though. West marine had a deal where you buy the spray, and get the free 303 wipes, which are much cheaper, and I actually think they work better.

So I say 303 Wipes.

#27 ·
I live in the desert where we have very intense sun nearly every day of the year. Both my JK and my BMW GS motorcycle are un-garaged so they get way more sun than most people's vehicles. I have tried a verity of products with mixed results. So far, Mothers Back to Black works the best and lasts the longest. I have not tried 303 though. The Ice was nice in that it can be used on all of the surfaces of the vehicles but it only lasted about a month before it needed to be reapplied.

#29 ·
I like the 303 Protectant. I use it on the plastic fenders, mirrors, tires and I also wipe in on hoses and the plastic in the engine bay after cleaning. It works great and does not attract dust/dirt like some other products do. It keeps things pliable with that OEM semi-gloss look to it.

When everything else is detailed I also will use a rag that has a little on it to wipe down door gaskets/seals. I have been using this on all of our vehicles for approx. the last 7-8 years with great results.

Mike.

#30 ·
303 is really good.

Ultima Tire and Trim Guard Plus. It lasts a long time, even after it rains.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.