Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Indiana Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f84/)
-   -   Any Westside Indianapolis Jeep Groups? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f84/any-westside-indianapolis-jeep-groups-149425.html)

ksdindy 03-27-2012 07:51 PM

Any Westside Indianapolis Jeep Groups?

I'm a Jeep newbie and was wondering if there were any groups on Indy's west side looking for a new member.

Thanks in advance.

jake_blue 04-02-2012 06:53 PM

I'm not aware of any groups specifically for the NW side but there are a couple of Indy groups and several state/regional groups. I think the key is to find a group whose members you like and are like you in terms of expectations.

jp2611 04-02-2012 06:55 PM

2 hour hike but club up here in the Fort---Attica is a summer playground..PM for more info. Meet every other MON up here in the eve.

IndianaJones 04-06-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksdindy (Post 2189372)
I'm a Jeep newbie and was wondering if there were any groups on Indy's west side looking for a new member.

Thanks in advance.

"If you build it they will come"

I am in Brownsburg too. There seems to be a large population of Wranglers here in Hendricks County. We should brainstorm on a weekly or bi-weekly meeting place and time. With some good planning it could grow into a decent local group.

cobbrobinson 04-14-2012 04:43 AM

See the "annual hoosiers" thread. We all our from this area. No formal club but we setup meet and greets often. Usually setup runs between meet and greets.

IndyGoat 04-19-2012 11:11 PM

Any info on next meet/greet? I'd like to get out but always seem to have plans . . .

scairl19 04-27-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndianaJones

"If you build it they will come"

I am in Brownsburg too. There seems to be a large population of Wranglers here in Hendricks County. We should brainstorm on a weekly or bi-weekly meeting place and time. With some good planning it could grow into a decent local group.

I live in pittsboro and would be willing to try something like this. The biggest problem is that I work second shift

JKPirate08 05-01-2012 01:15 PM

I'm out Plainfield way, there are a TON of Jeepers in Hendricks County, 5 on my block. Haven't met any of them yet as I recently moved in.

scairl19 05-02-2012 12:22 AM

Yeah there's quite a few out my way too but like you haven't met any yet. If you find a spot to go trailing or something I'd love to go!! I don't know the area too well yet

IndianaJones 05-03-2012 07:40 PM

I am thinking about approaching a few local business owners about discounts for the local Jeepers on a bi-weekly meet and greet. Rock Star Pizza or Pit Stop bar-b-que in Brownsbug for example. They have plenty of parking out front where we could all park together near 136. We would probably attract a few local Jeepers that were just passing by as well. Wouldn't have to be a thing where we went mudding each week....but I could see some excursions happen as a result. It would just be cool to check out the other Jeeps and talk a little Jeep.:thumb:

LawMoose 05-04-2012 12:31 AM

I would just bout anything for a pizza right now

scairl19 05-05-2012 12:20 AM

Let's set up a day and time. Saturdays are best. Maybe I don't know. What is everyone else's thoughts?

ksdindy 05-06-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scairl19
Let's set up a day and time. Saturdays are best. Maybe I don't know. What is everyone else's thoughts?

Tuesday nights are out for me but other than that, I'm available. Wherever we go, there must be beer!

LMH 05-06-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksdindy

Tuesday nights are out for me but other than that, I'm available. Wherever we go, there must be beer!

Oh oh! Can I come too? I live in Pittsboro an I've had my jeep for about a month now!

JKPirate08 05-07-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndianaJones (Post 2332497)
I am thinking about approaching a few local business owners about discounts for the local Jeepers on a bi-weekly meet and greet. Rock Star Pizza or Pit Stop bar-b-que in Brownsbug for example. They have plenty of parking out front where we could all park together near 136. We would probably attract a few local Jeepers that were just passing by as well. Wouldn't have to be a thing where we went mudding each week....but I could see some excursions happen as a result. It would just be cool to check out the other Jeeps and talk a little Jeep.:thumb:

I think I was in your neighborhood while my wife was yard saleing Saturday, if the Jeep in your avatar is yours?

IndianaJones 05-08-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scairl19 (Post 2336640)

I work every other Sat. But we are talking bi-weekly so that might work. saturdays can get busy for me as well. Sometimes the honey-do list can run all weekend long:banghead:

IndianaJones 05-08-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksdindy (Post 2340210)

Me no likey Tuesday either. I golf on Tue.:D (usually in Pittsboro at Quail Creek)

IndianaJones 05-08-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMH (Post 2340395)
Oh oh! Can I come too? I live in Pittsboro an I've had my jeep for about a month now!

Congrats on the new Jeep! Looks sweet...very nice color. See you at the next (1st) westside meet-n-greet :thumb:

IndianaJones 05-08-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKPirate08 (Post 2343359)
I think I was in your neighborhood while my wife was yard saleing Saturday, if the Jeep in your avatar is yours?

Yep...that was me. You probably saw me doing some degrading chore for the ol' ball and chain. :surrender:

cobbrobinson 05-08-2012 09:43 PM

If you guys want to all get together we have an annual hoosiers thread that done if us from your area have been getting together. We should all get together.

IndianaJones 05-08-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobbrobinson (Post 2348997)
If you guys want to all get together we have an annual hoosiers thread that done if us from your area have been getting together. We should all get together.

cobbrobinson makes a good point. I lurked for over a year before becoming a member of the forum and ...the Annual Hoosiers are a bunch of GOOD folks. I would still like to have a bi-weekly casual meet and greet. Then work on getting everyone hooked-up with the Annual Hoosiers. I would love to ultimatly see a north,south ,east and west chapter that meet on a regular basis then get the entire group together a few times a year. We could make Annual Hoosiers one of the best Jeep groups in the good ol' U.S of A. When we combine Hoosier hospitality with some of the best Jeeps around...we can't go wrong.

Camping+ mud+Beer=:dance:

P.S. NEVER drink and drive. Beer comes after mud.:thumb:

ksdindy 05-09-2012 05:39 PM

Anybody up for Friday night at 7:00 at Pitstop in Brownsburg. PM me if interested.

IndyJeepMan 05-09-2012 06:00 PM

Yeah if you all would like to start posting in the Annual Hoosiers thread the more the merrier!

Im planning two big run events for the year ahead, and we usually meet up ocassionally throught the year for food, and a bit of the drink :beer:

ksdindy 05-11-2012 11:17 AM

Have one person interested for tonight at the Pitstop in Brownsburg. Anyone else up for it?