Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   98 wrangler soundbar (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/98-wrangler-soundbar-149634.html)

jaresco91 03-28-2012 04:48 PM

98 wrangler soundbar
 
looking for new speakers i can put into my 1998 jeep wrangler's soundbar.

any suggestions where I can get decent speakers but not break the bank?

soft top and manual makes it hard to hear and the speakers are cracklin' so I need some new speakers. any input is greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Wheelinyz 03-28-2012 04:56 PM

Crutchfield.com I got kicker speakers for the sound bar and dash with all mounting and wiring for $100 shipped

Blackpony04 03-28-2012 05:23 PM

Shop at Crutchfield, find what you like and then Google the part # for the best price. I outfitted my whole rig from Crutchfield thanks to all the extra parts they throw in for installation and have been a customer since 1990 (college credit card FTL!) but the soundbar speakers require splicing no matter what so there's no benefit from ordering from Crutchfield unless the price is right. But they are an awesome place to compare and contrast.

Abnmarine 03-28-2012 06:14 PM

Bought my 6.5 Polk Audio seperates from Crutchfield. I drilled a 1" hole for the tweeters.

pdevoid 03-28-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaresco91 (Post 2192853)
looking for new speakers i can put into my 1998 jeep wrangler's soundbar.

any suggestions where I can get decent speakers but not break the bank?

soft top and manual makes it hard to hear and the speakers are cracklin' so I need some new speakers. any input is greatly appreciated.

thanks.

One thing I did when I replaced my soundbar speakers to improve the sound - I moved my soundbar from the spot behind the rollbar to in front of the rollbar so the speakers were closer to my head & ears. I saw someone else on wrangler forum do this and was sceptical but it really does make a big difference.

Iceman 03-29-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdevoid

One thing I did when I replaced my soundbar speakers to improve the sound - I moved my soundbar from the spot behind the rollbar to in front of the rollbar so the speakers were closer to my head & ears. I saw someone else on wrangler forum do this and was sceptical but it really does make a big difference.

Not trying to hijack the thread but I'd love to see some info on this. I have considered doing the same thing for several reasons, one being my half top

crallscars 03-29-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 2195422)
Not trying to hijack the thread but I'd love to see some info on this. I have considered doing the same thing for several reasons, one being my half top


That makes 2 of us

Diverdown87 03-29-2012 08:51 AM

These are what I run in my soundbar:
Kicker - 6" 2-Way Marine Speakers with Polypropylene Cones (Pair) - KM6000 speakers&cp=1&lp=2

And these are in my dash:
Kicker - 4" x 6" Coaxial Speakers with Polypropylene Cones (Pair) - Graphite - KS46 waterproof speakers&cp=1&lp=4

Have had them in there for about 7 years now and they still work great...

hcarr1234 03-29-2012 01:39 PM

Could you run two sound bars? One in front and one in back?Or would that be overkill? :hide:

jaresco91 03-29-2012 04:24 PM

Two sound bars sounds like a sick idea, I wish I was electrically inclined with wiring and what not. Thanks for your input guys, I'll let you know what I plan on putting into my sound bar!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.