Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   New member, first time jeep owner from CT. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/new-member-first-time-jeep-owner-from-ct-149669.html)

jmachnik 03-28-2012 06:20 PM

New member, first time jeep owner from CT.

Hey all. First off want to thank everyone for the wealth of knowledge I've already taken from this site. It's truly amazing what a tight community Jeep owners make up.
Just got my '12 JKU Sport, 6sp manual, black. Settled for black unfortunately because I lost a Black Forest Green by about 12 hrs. Test drove it, decided to shop another dealer and it sold the next morning. Searched a 300 mile radius for another with the options I wanted but not one to be found. Nowhere! I knew waiting 8 weeks for a new order wasnt an option after test driving that green one. Just couldn't wait. So next was the hunt for the same JKU in black or silver. Within a week a black one with my options (6sp, 23s, dual tops, Sirius, connectivity, that's all) rolled off the truck. Mine! Had it for just over a week now and just passed 600 on the dash.
Mods this past week (starting small) include Hella 500ff lights on kc windshield brackets, rugged ridge hitch, infinity 6032cf speaker replacements with polyfil (thanks to the board for that one), and slush mats. Up next is probably the quadratec grill brackets and kc Long range lights. Likely gonna swap my hella driving to the grill an kc's on the windshield. It's true what they say about glare from the Hellas when off road at night. Following that, looking at either the TF leveling kit or BB. Still on the fence till I pull the trigger on a tire/wheel upgrade.
In any case this thing is like a drug. Love it and can't get enough. Don't know how I waited so long. I was so close to buying a used 2011 JK and I'm so glad I waited and stuck it out for the 3.6 Pentastar. The thing rips.
Anyway, I've rambled enough. Thanks again to everyone on here. Looking forward to many yrs ahead.

RatherBNarizona 03-28-2012 07:07 PM

Welcome to WF, and the addiction! Remember to wave! :)

Beastmaster 03-28-2012 07:27 PM

Welcome to the forum!

_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

dabolt55 03-28-2012 07:33 PM

Welcome CT. and congrats.. Show pics if possible; love em'...

shell 03-28-2012 07:57 PM

Welcome!:wavey:

jsmithtx 03-28-2012 08:36 PM

Welcome to the WF! Get the check book out. It's fixin to get ugly.

blkrubi88 03-29-2012 03:47 AM

Welcome!

MrSig 03-29-2012 03:48 AM

Welcome and enjoy the forum!

jmachnik 03-29-2012 12:03 PM

New JK pics

3 Attachment(s)
Just throwing some pics up here. Crossing my fingers it works...
Day 1 after driving home from the dealer (75 degrees out, hard top didn't last an hour, LOL). And a pick from day 5 when I took it in the dirt for some late night wheelin.

wedu22 03-29-2012 01:14 PM

Nice rig, congrats & welcome to the WF!

JKRuby12 03-29-2012 05:16 PM

Hey - congrats on the new purchase. I'm in Berlin, CT. See you around, the jeep looks great!

JDsDream 03-29-2012 05:22 PM

Welcome to the Forum

backwards 03-29-2012 05:24 PM

WELCOME and let the add ons begin.

Gate53 03-29-2012 05:30 PM

Welcome! Going offroad alone isn't normally a good idea plus it's always more fun in a group. Even if the group is only 2 Jeeps. Do an internet search for a Jeep club near you and try it out. It's hard to get together with any other Jeep owner and not have some fun and learn something.

jmachnik 03-29-2012 07:26 PM

Thanks JKRuby! Agree with you Gate. I actually wasn't alone. Another rig in front of me (actually behind where I'm standing) with a couple guys in each. Good time. I really do need to find a local club though to meet some people find some good places to go.

SilverSport 03-30-2012 12:01 AM

Welcome Aboard! :wavey:

Arebee 04-06-2012 09:20 PM

Hey Josh, did you get the steps on? Curious if you messed the clips or not. Let's see some pics!

jmachnik 04-08-2012 10:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arebee (Post 2228953)
Hey Josh, did you get the steps on? Curious if you messed the clips or not. Let's see some pics!

Ya, bolted up the steps that same night. Went on without a problem. Kinda nice that the '12's have threaded holes in the frame already, no clips needed at all. I was actually really close to buying the clips online last weekend. Good thing I waited. Kids are happy they can climb in easier now. They're sort of at a weird height for me to use, but I think it looks a little more 'finished' without seeing the lower body edge and frame underneath. Thanks again Ralph, they look brand new. Here's a pic I took at a buddy's house on friday... going topless. Summer can't come quick enough!

Arebee 04-10-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmachnik (Post 2233246)
Ya, bolted up the steps that same night. Went on without a problem. Kinda nice that the '12's have threaded holes in the frame already, no clips needed at all. I was actually really close to buying the clips online last weekend. Good thing I waited. Kids are happy they can climb in easier now. They're sort of at a weird height for me to use, but I think it looks a little more 'finished' without seeing the lower body edge and frame underneath. Thanks again Ralph, they look brand new. Here's a pic I took at a buddy's house on friday... going topless. Summer can't come quick enough!

Looks great, like a whole different Jeep. Nice that you didn't need the clips. Good to see Jeep improved on yet another shortcoming from my 2010. Still jealous over the tailgate stop. After seeing that, now I have to get something aftermarket. Sooner or later it's going to get warm again!