Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2012 Sport S Radio Question (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2012-sport-s-radio-question-149785.html)

oliver_jeep 03-29-2012 07:48 AM

2012 Sport S Radio Question

I have the 2012 JKU with Uconnect / Serius / USB and when playing MP3's off of a USB drive I can push the list button then choose the artist I want to listen to and the deck only plays that artist. I cant for the LIFE of me figure out how to get it back to playing ALL artists or songs on the drive. I can change artists but I see no option for ALL. Taking the USB drive in and out doesn't fix it unless I load different songs making the deck sort of re catalog whats on the device....

Jlmo 03-29-2012 08:24 AM

I believe once you are in list mode (press list) use the preset buttons. ie preset 1 = playlists, preset 2 = artists, preset 3 = albums, etc.

oliver_jeep 03-29-2012 09:12 AM

I will give that a shot! Thanks

oliver_jeep 04-03-2012 01:26 PM

I see that pressing the #2 button is like a shortcut that lets me choose from the artists on the USB drive but I still don't see a way to tell the radio to go back to play all artists / songs on the device? Any help would be appreciated!

Renegade4x4 04-03-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliver_jeep (Post 2214825)
I see that pressing the #2 button is like a shortcut that lets me choose from the artists on the USB drive but I still don't see a way to tell the radio to go back to play all artists / songs on the device? Any help would be appreciated!

+1 I had this problem so I just dont mess with it. LOL

Tanksta 04-03-2012 03:53 PM

Ok, I had this problem as well. I got it back by accident...
For some reason all of the music on my usb drive is stuffed ito the "other" category under "genres".

Press "music type", then select "other".
You now should be enjoying your music in alpanumeric order.

Then press the "RND"(random) button.
It now should be playing all the music randomly.

This should work unless your music is actually assigned to a specific genre.

Worked for me. Hope it works for you all too!:thumb:

shookc1 05-01-2012 11:18 AM

I want to upgrade my radio to the touch screen, that should be possible right?

oliver_jeep 05-01-2012 01:16 PM

I never did figure out how to go back to all music.. :(

As far as upgrading it is possible, you have to get the new unit and a different antenna for the GPS. Install is easy but last I checked its pretty pricey to buy the parts and not worth it....

Tanksta 05-01-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shookc1 (Post 2322655)
I want to upgrade my radio to the touch screen, that should be possible right?

Possible: Yes
Expensive: Yes
Trick is the dealer has to change some setting in the computer and/or radio to get it to work. Maybe they will, maybe they wont?

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliver_jeep (Post 2323088)
I never did figure out how to go back to all music.. :(

That stinks Oliver. Still using the little workaround I posted above. Didn't figure it out either.

Zed 05-01-2012 08:06 PM

Not sure about going back to all music but push voice connect and say "play genre Country" or whatever and it will start at the beginning for that type of music.

oliver_jeep 05-02-2012 03:38 PM

I originally asked my dealer about the radio upgrade. The labor was only $50 the parts were over 2k so I said forget it.