Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   2 questions on Speedo correction (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/2-questions-on-speedo-correction-149875.html)

VoodooShot 03-29-2012 04:57 PM

2 questions on Speedo correction
 
1 Attachment(s)
1. Actual tire size or what tire says ( duratrac 31 ) cause it measures smaller than 31"

2 can I get that gear at local parts store ? Napa ? Chrystler? Or just online .

oIIIIIIo 03-29-2012 05:05 PM

1. What the tire says.

2. You can get them online or at a local 4wheelparts store. (got mine there)

VoodooShot 03-29-2012 05:16 PM

Ty
All I got here is napa , advanced , Oriely ,autozone , and dealer .
I'll order then

Ty again

Nich 03-29-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoodooShot
1. Actual tire size or what tire says ( duratrac 31 ) cause it measures smaller than 31"

2 can I get that gear at local parts store ? Napa ? Chrystler? Or just online .

Are the numbers how many teeth in the gear?

oIIIIIIo 03-29-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoodooShot (Post 2197464)
Ty
All I got here is napa , advanced , Oriely ,autozone , and dealer .
I'll order then

Ty again

You are welcome! Good luck on your project.

oIIIIIIo 03-29-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nich (Post 2197471)
Are the numbers how many teeth in the gear?


Yes, that is correct.

Wesboy 03-29-2012 05:26 PM

I got mine here - they also have some of the less common sizes.

Speedometer Gear, Speedometer Gears, Ford, GM, Dodge 700R4

But you may not need a different speedo gear. I used to run 32" tires on my '97 (3 speed auto with 3.07's) - checked the speedo with a GPS and could not tell the difference.

VoodooShot 03-29-2012 05:35 PM

I'm off now with wore out 30s
Factory had me with them little tires ;) so says my door tag

VoodooShot 03-30-2012 10:39 AM

Just checked I have 3.07 gears . I thought I had smaller , it still drives great off a red light and 5th isn't an issue so far .

VoodooShot 03-30-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesboy
I got mine here - they also have some of the less common sizes.

Speedometer Gear, Speedometer Gears, Ford, GM, Dodge 700R4

But you may not need a different speedo gear. I used to run 32" tires on my '97 (3 speed auto with 3.07's) - checked the speedo with a GPS and could not tell the difference.

Ty for that link it's the only place with a 27 gear


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.