Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

2006 Rubicon wheel question

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Acage 
#1 ·
Just bought my first Jeep! Awesome Rubicon. It needs tires and the wheels are not original, been painted, and are rusting. Gonna get new wheels and tires. So my question is, do I keep with a 16" wheels and 285x75x16 tires or go with an equivalent size with a 15" wheel? Is this even an option with the Rubicon? It's my daily driver but want to be able to have options to upgrade. Only a 1" body lift now (how I got it). Any opinions appreciated.

#2 ·
Just bought my first Jeep! Awesome Rubicon. It needs tires and the wheels are not original, been painted, and are rusting. Gonna get new wheels and tires. So my question is, do I keep with a 16" wheels and 285x75x16 tires

No!

or go with an equivalent size with a 15" wheel? Is this even an option with the Rubicon? It's my daily driver but want to be able to have options to upgrade. Only a 1" body lift now (how I got it). Any opinions appreciated.

Yes!
15" tires are easier to find in a load range "C", which is ideal for a TJ. They are usually cheaper too. They will fit fine on your Rubicon.

#5 ·
thanks for the answers, i'm reading intently :)

also have an '06 boobicon, stock wheels on mine and no lift, 16x8 wheels.

i am wanting to get wider tires/wheels, thanks to above responses - per that - i figure i'm getting 15" diameter wheels,

my next question is what width wheel can i get?
i'm seeing some 15x10 that i'd like to get if anyone knows it'll fit,
and what "backspacing" am i supposed to order?

based on what i've read elsewhere my current backspacing is 5".

I also plan to get wider fender flares, the 6",
the stock ones are 4.75".

please post any advice, answers, thanks!

#12 · (Edited)
Acage said:
Only a 1" body lift now (how I got it). Any opinions appreciated.
You're rocking way more than a 1" body lift on there right now. Looks like you have a 3.5" long arm suspension lift on there too. If I would have known that i would have recomended you go with 33's or maybe even 35's if you have a 1" bl on top of a 3.5" suspension lift.

You wont be lacking any flexing room with that much lift and those 32's though haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.