Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   i gots a ticket (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/i-gots-a-ticket-15017.html)

mrbigjeep 01-23-2008 10:36 AM

i gots a ticket

and its not to the carnival.

i got a ticket doing 27 over :( (no it wasn't in the jeep)

dang i hope i can get it knocked down to 2 points (which means that it hopefully won't show up on insurance)...gonna call the magistrate and meet up with him and see if there is any way to get it knocked down

wish me luck...i'll be driving slow now

Levinoss 01-23-2008 11:02 AM

ouch

debruins 01-23-2008 11:02 AM

tsk tsk and yall told me iw as a reckless driver!

sgnellett 01-23-2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debruins (Post 185337)
tsk tsk and yall told me iw as a reckless driver!

Well, that and a reckless speller! :flipoff:

debruins 01-23-2008 01:08 PM

blah blah blah

SPDSNYPR 01-23-2008 02:06 PM

I'd fight it. Sounds trumped up to me. You know if he didn't have his hat on, he can't write you a ticket, right? Also, if he was speeding to catch up to you, he can't write you. This is all fact. I heard it from my fraternity brothers while we smoked a bowl. ;)

MOz 01-23-2008 02:19 PM

WOW!!! That's a heavy ticket. Hopefully, the officer did not check the "court appearance required box".

I had a ticket like that once. Got really PO'd at my girlfrined one afternoon and ripped down the road in my '72 Mustang. The officer that gave me a ticket (57 in a 25) was only on duty for a month and took some pitty on me when I told him my story.

When I went to pay the ticket, the court clerk mentioned that it was mandatory that I go to court since it was for 25 over. I said the officer did not check the box so I'm not going. Cost me $300

Back then (80's), 25 over would get you 6 points, $300 fine and possible 90 days in jail with a misdemeaneor. I would imagine the penalty is much steeper now. They probably make you sit in a cell with Corzine or Whitman for a day.

MOz 01-23-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR (Post 185366)
I'd fight it. Sounds trumped up to me. You know if he didn't have his hat on, he can't write you a ticket, right? Also, if he was speeding to catch up to you, he can't write you. This is all fact. I heard it from my fraternity brothers while we smoked a bowl. ;)

Awesome....:rofl:

Joe Dirt 01-24-2008 12:47 AM

Traffic enforcement is tough in SC! In CA you can pay the fine, go to traffic school and get no points on your record. The court is more concerned about getting their money than screwing you over for insurance.:(

JeepersdoitDeeper 01-24-2008 08:04 AM

What the hell is a point?

MouthfulOfGrass 01-24-2008 08:09 AM

Every moving violation has a point value. Get enough of them added up within a certain amount of time and they'll suspend or take your liscense away. Insurance goes up with points also.

KicknJeep 01-24-2008 08:46 AM

SPDSNYPER............Ah never mind!:rolleyes:

foxinthemudd 01-24-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR (Post 185366)

SNYPR your not supposed to tell what we talk about how to get outta those!

speaking of getting out of tickets did you see the new option for the female drivers when your thinking about citing them??? ;) j/k

jjseel 01-25-2008 01:25 AM

:p Both of y'all need to grow up and represent! ;) While remotely funny, some of our members are not qualified to judge verity...