Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   JK General Discussion Forum (
-   -   Need advise for major Mod!? (

texastechguy210 03-31-2012 04:11 PM

Need advise for major Mod!?
So I am contiplating on getting a Winch or a 2.5 tereaflex suspension lift with rancho shocks. Here is the winch that I have in mind...
Recon 264100PPW 10,500lb Performance Winch |

I don't go off road much, but when I do, I go with friends that have winches to get me out.

Would I have to re-gear if I get the winch since its adding more weight!? :confused: I have an autoatic Wrangler X '08 with 33's already so gas is killer lol and I didn't have to re-gear.

Any advise or suggestions on which way to go with the lift or winch would be greatly appreciated! Thank you and Jeep on!!:punk:

dkeven 03-31-2012 05:40 PM

winch while adding some weight wont require regearing, the 33's affected it much more than the winch would, A terraflex suspension lift would be a more used mod than the winch. and assuming your stock its not just winch but mounting and wiring that will be needed. Of course you lift it you will be looking for new tires (bigger) and then gears in short order.