Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Trektop NX in Brushless/Touchless Car Wash: After-Action Report (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/trektop-nx-in-brushless-touchless-car-wash-after-action-report-150473.html)

bluehen 04-01-2012 01:42 PM

Trektop NX in Brushless/Touchless Car Wash: After-Action Report

I'm a fan of knowledge-sharing, so here's my first-hand account of taking my JKU w/ Bestop Trektop NX through a brushless, touchless wash a few minutes ago:

This particular wash had three options. I chose the least expensive, as it deletes the blower/dryer phase at the end, which I definitely didn't want to mess with. The option I chose included a low-pressure foam pre-wash, a high-pressure wash pass, and finally a low-pressure rinse.

The verdict: Not too bad. No penetration on either of the low-pressure cycles. I did get penetration during the high-pressure pass at the zippered seams on the sides of the back window. When I was done, I pulled into a space outside and opened the tailgate to investigate. I had droplets at the bottom of the rollbars, some on the top of the subwoofer-box, but none in the rear center down by the jack/bolt storage area. I was able to dab up all the droplets with four napkins I had in the glove box. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the small amount of penetration. I must admit that my butt cheeks clenched up a bit during the cycle, seeing the water come through. Bottom line, I doubt I'll be doing it again, but it wasn't a disaster by any means. Just figured I'd take one for the team and report back.

killerbee812 04-01-2012 02:14 PM

Good to know!! :thumb:

DrDanimalSize 04-01-2012 03:11 PM

anyone try this with a regular soft top (as opposed to the trek-top) ?

I get a whole pile of free touchless car washes with my Esso points

tazoez 04-01-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDanimalSize
anyone try this with a regular soft top (as opposed to the trek-top) ?

I get a whole pile of free touchless car washes with my Esso points

I have. Not too bad. No leaks but I don't recommend doing it too often. IMO, I think the high pressure and dryer (can't not use it here) stretch the fabric (or it could be just my imagination)

DrDanimalSize 04-01-2012 11:55 PM

I thought the dryer didn't actually use any heat, just a lot of wind...

tazoez 04-01-2012 11:58 PM

The dryer pushes down on the top so bad that you are pushing up with ur hand following it so it doewnt push down too far and rip.

Jeeper-decker 08-21-2015 04:12 PM

Just went thru myself for the 2nd time this summer! But clench is a clear description! No damage thank god

OldDogNewJeep 08-22-2015 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper-decker (Post 20960025)
Just went thru myself for the 2nd time this summer! But clench is a clear description! No damage thank god

If there's a pucker factor, I think I'll pass.

brandofamily 08-22-2015 09:43 AM

There is so little surface area on a jeep hand washing only takes s few minutes... Comparing to my previous truck...
I know if you 303 all the plastic it can take longer, but still quite quick... then go for a ride to dry it off...

ohioviper 08-22-2015 12:04 PM

I've been running my Bestop supertop through car wash about once a week since April and so far no issues.Wife took JKU with new trektop NX through today and no leaks.