Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   New member needs advice (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/new-member-needs-advice-150583.html)

jeeperwannabe 04-01-2012 08:30 PM

New member needs advice

Hello Jeepers! Thank you for welcoming me to the jeep community. I just sold my RAV4 to jump into a jeep. I'd like your advice please.

What do you recommend I buy if I don't intend to off road, do not want a rough or bumpy ride, do not want to hang out with the mechanics or at the dealerships most of the time? :rofl:

I test drove the base model, but could barely see over the hood. Hated how bumpy the ride was too. Drove the Sahara and fell in love with it. However, it is a bit pricey-ier than I can shell out. I'm certain that I need a 2012 or later model since it seems that previous to that wranglers have had way too many mechanical issues. True?

Also, does anyone know of websites that I can find out what dealers are paying? Or what would be a fair price to pay?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Beastmaster 04-01-2012 08:36 PM

Can't help you, I haven't bought a brand new vehicle since 1983. :rofl:

In the mean time . . .

Welcome to the forum!

_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

SilverSport 04-01-2012 09:02 PM

Welcome Aboard! :wavey:

CoyoteOn2 04-01-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeperwannabe (Post 2208355)
Hello Jeepers! Thank you for welcoming me to the jeep community. I just sold my RAV4 to jump into a jeep. I'd like your advice please.

What do you recommend I buy if I don't intend to off road, do not want a rough or bumpy ride,

Not to be an A$$, But maybe a Jeep isn't for you. After all, THEIR NOT
meant to be a Luxury Car,:eek:---- Maybe something like the Excurision or
Escalade would be more your Cup of Tea. But then again, they surely
wouldn't fall into your Price Range.

I truley think that should you give the JEEP half a CHANCE, YOU'LD NEVER GO BACK !

And Welcome

Dapointa77 04-01-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeperwannabe (Post 2208355)

What do you recommend I buy if I don't intend to off road, do not want a rough or bumpy ride, do not want to hang out with the mechanics or at the dealerships most of the time? :rofl:

I test drove the base model, but could barely see over the hood. Hated how bumpy the ride was too. Drove the Sahara and fell in love with it. However, it is a bit pricey-ier than I can shell out. I'm certain that I need a 2012 or later model since it seems that previous to that wranglers have had way too many mechanical issues. True?

Also, does anyone know of websites that I can find out what dealers are paying? Or what would be a fair price to pay?

I've got a 2009 sahara unlimited, and I've had no problems at all with anything. I took it out the first day I had it, ALL stock, and probably ran it a little rough, but I still have no problems with it after a year of going at it with it just being stock, which is about to change.

Honestly though, Its not a luxorious Piece of equipment, but its completely addicting to mod, even just looking at things to do with your jeep is an addiction.

jeeperwannabe 04-02-2012 12:18 AM

Thanks for your responses everyone.

MrSig 04-02-2012 04:18 AM

Welcome and enjoy the forum! Make your pick and have fun.

blkrubi88 04-02-2012 04:34 AM

Welcome!