Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   JK General Discussion Forum (
-   -   new to jeeps.. (

mike01 04-01-2012 10:58 PM

new to jeeps..
I'm close to buying a 2012 rubicon but can't find anywhere if it comes with a hard top or soft top? Thanks!!

kbwwolf 04-01-2012 11:02 PM

Both is called the Dual Top Group.

Or you can get just one or the other. If you've been looking in the Build Your Own feature on the Jeep site, it's kinda confusing.

Welcome to WF! :thumb:

mike01 04-01-2012 11:03 PM

thanks ! so if i go to the dealership tmr i can just ask for the hard top? i dont want to get the soft top just the hard

Rooster76 04-01-2012 11:15 PM


SOFT-You can get it with a soft which is the default no upgrade cost if ordering
HARD- Called "3-piece hard top" in Black or Painted to match your Jeep color. This option replaces the soft top.
BOTH - Called(dual top).

ADVICE- Your best off getting the hard top (or dual top) if you think you might ever want one to get the wiring for the rear wiper, and the knob by the steering wheel for it.

I would also recommend looking into the tread lightly program. Just do a search on this forum for "tread lightly". Basically you sign up for it and get 1% below invoice pricing . It cost 60 plus maybe a 75 doc fee if they don't wave it.

mike01 04-01-2012 11:16 PM

k you cleared everything up good thanks

Casotakar1229 04-01-2012 11:38 PM

welcome to wf and congrats on being a future jeep owner. :D post pics when you get her.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.