Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Knock-off Smittybilt Bumper on eBay (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/knock-off-smittybilt-bumper-on-ebay-150716.html)

mindhunter 04-02-2012 11:36 AM

Knock-off Smittybilt Bumper on eBay

I have read a couple posts on here about people who were wondering about the quality of some of these knock-off bumpers for sale on eBay. I recently ordered the XRC rear bumper with tire-carrier: 87-06 Jeep YJ TJ Wrangler Heavy Duty Rock Crawler Rear Bumper+TIRE CARRIER+Handl | eBay

It arrived in about 5 days and although the packaging is not great, it is definitely a heavy duty, high quality bumper. It was not in a box, just wrapped in protective plastic, but it was already pre-assembled. In other words, the tire mount was assembled and the swing arm was attached already. It also came with the D-rings shown in the picture and all mounting hardware. I am installing it on Wednesday, so I will get some pictures posted as soon as I'm done. Has anyone else purchased one of these? It is basically a clone of the Smittybilt XRC bumper that sells for around $800 with the tire swing and the total cost of this one was $449.99 (free shipping).

KBR97 04-02-2012 05:25 PM

So its a knock off of a knock off.

Throw up some pics when you get around to it. Interested in seeing how you like it as well. I know my buddy has the SB tire carrier and it rattles like crazy.

mrhog 04-02-2012 06:03 PM

Thats the same bumper that I am watching now on ebay. I bought the front bumper that is the knock off of the XRC. $179 for the front one. 449 for the rear mucho bucks saved.

Vin 04-02-2012 08:51 PM

How funny would it be if that bumper was made in America?

kbwwolf 04-02-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vin (Post 2212542)
How funny would it be if that bumper was made in America?

:rofl:

As Vasyl says, hi5.

Casotakar1229 04-03-2012 08:48 AM

definitely interested in pics, then a review of it a couple weeks later. I too was looking at this bumper because of the price. just hard for me to justify anything over 300-400 for welded metal. believe me if I had the materials and tools I would build my own for sure.

mindhunter 04-04-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casotakar1229 (Post 2213979)
definitely interested in pics, then a review of it a couple weeks later. I too was looking at this bumper because of the price. just hard for me to justify anything over 300-400 for welded metal. believe me if I had the materials and tools I would build my own for sure.

Will do!

mindhunter 04-04-2012 11:29 PM

Got some pictures of the newly installed bumper. VERY heavy duty and great construction. Went on with ease and the latch is fantastic. I can't get over how impressed I am with this bumper. Came with all of the hardware and the D rings.

I don't know why but it won't let me post the pictures on this thread. Just click on my profile and look under the wheels and tires section if you want to see them.

Hums99 04-07-2012 08:23 PM

Here's what the front one looks like: