Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Loud Music in 4X4 Videos - Ugh! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/loud-music-in-4x4-videos-ugh-150913.html)

baytownbert 04-03-2012 05:04 AM

Loud Music in 4X4 Videos - Ugh!

When did loud music become the preferred sound we hear in 4X4 videos instead of the vehicle motors? I personally hate it and won't watch the youtubes people post who do this. The first video is done right in my opinion, the second is an example of what I'm talking about. What is your opinion?

http://youtu.be/xs_pybRpIZ0

4x4 Extreme Off-Road - YouTube

kjeeper10 04-03-2012 05:16 AM

Never gave it much thought. I guess i would prefer music I actually like :)

spacedhost 04-03-2012 05:30 AM

The loud music is to sound and seem more extreme maybe? I mean personally I listen to a lot of classic rock when wheeling but not super loud.

Cruise missile 04-03-2012 05:53 AM

Mud hole - YouTube

I couldn't resist putting the music to this short clip.

snikt 04-03-2012 05:56 AM

Would prefer music, just not too loud or obnoxious. It's not like a stock 3.6l v6 is going to make the noise of a big V8

GREEN-MACHINE 04-03-2012 06:37 AM

i too hate the music, i like to listen to the cussing , grinding skid plates and sheet metal... turn the music off.

Irongrave 04-03-2012 06:47 AM

If they are filming with a go pro or that type of camera often the audio sucks

Cruise missile 04-03-2012 06:50 AM

My choice for music was to cover up the horrible sound of my 3.6. Still working on getting the dealer to fix it.

baytownbert 04-03-2012 07:12 AM

I would rather hear how much gas a person is using to get over the obstacle or even a bird singing in the great outdoors than crappy thrashing music, but the banjo stuff was okay. I could still hear other sounds. :wavey:

Casotakar1229 04-03-2012 08:45 AM

lol, just won't watch them op, or turn on mute and open your windows in your house if you like bird chirping noises. :thumb: problem solved and no more hate has to run through your veins...hate after all, is worthless. :D

kbwwolf 04-03-2012 08:56 AM

I think, if the music is done right (regardless of type), it can be extremely effective.

Years ago I was at the Eddie Adams Workshop in upstate NY, and saw a slideshow shot by students at a local chicken slaughterhouse. Very graphic and disturbing photos accompanied only by the music from Metallica's "Fuel for Fire".

Awesome stuff. :thumb:

glap1922 04-03-2012 09:01 AM

95% the time I have my laptop muted, including watching videos.
How else will people know it is XTREME!!!!! if there isn't loud music?

Ballandchain 04-03-2012 09:09 AM

Man, why does everybody bitch and moan when something isn't exactly how they like it. Turn the volume off and make vroom vroom noises in your head. 95% of the time I don't like the music but I listen to maybe find something new that I haven't heard before.... Start a music vs no music thread. Looks like that's the popular thing to do....

JeeperJake 04-03-2012 09:15 AM

I'm with the OP on this one.....

snikt 04-03-2012 09:17 AM

I like to make vroom vroom noises in my head... :crazy:

pluke the 2 04-03-2012 09:17 AM

Heh.

It's probably the music they are listening to while wheeling. And if they're having fun listening to it and wheeling all the power to them.

Someday the OP will know what it's like to actually wheel.

And hopefully, he'll be playing some elevator music in his youtube videos going over large rocks.

Someday.

Chris M 04-03-2012 09:22 AM

I'm not a big fan of the music when watching wheelin' videos. I'd rather hear the natural sounds of the action taking place. However, if there is music and I don't like it, I just turn the sound off. Simple solution.

baytownbert 04-03-2012 09:23 AM

LoL

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluke the 2 (Post 2214066)
heh.

Someday the op will know what it's like to actually wheel.

And hopefully, he'll be playing some elevator music in his youtube videos going over large rocks.

Someday.

mckey73 04-03-2012 09:24 AM

I dunno, 3+ million views vs. 344k?

pluke the 2 04-03-2012 09:34 AM

ya i dunno either.

3 million food views and 1k wheeling views. elevator music ftw

baytownbert 04-03-2012 09:39 AM

I picked the 2 videos at random to prove my point, but evidently I didn't do so well in that area.

I have a feeling if I posted a topic that I didn't like farts, there would be a phew(!) who would defend their own.

kbwwolf 04-03-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baytownbert (Post 2214146)
I have a feeling if I posted a topic that I didn't like farts, there would be a phew(!) who would defend their own.

Skunks can't smell their own smells. :D

Cons_Table 04-03-2012 09:58 AM

In my videos personally, I ditch all of the vehicle noise because I do film with a gopro. A go pro on a jeep typically just picks up wind noise, some rattling, and quiet motor noise. If I used a higher quality camera that recorded sound well, I may consider using it in my videos...but I would still include music as well. I think music is much more fitting on an edited video rather than a short random clip, but thats just me.

Here are a couple videos Ive done on a Gopro, where I edited out the sound for the reasons I mentioned.

Isham Canyon: Trona, CA - YouTube

WranglerForum: Doran and Odessa Canyon - YouTube

pluke the 2 04-03-2012 09:58 AM

I didn't even watch the videos. (THE OP'S POSTED VIDS) I know what you're referring to when you say loud music.

And I personally don't like loud music either.

But like other said, if you don't like it, then don't watch it.

Casotakar1229 04-03-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cons_Table (Post 2214205)
In my videos personally, I ditch all of the vehicle noise because I do film with a gopro. A go pro on a jeep typically just picks up wind noise, some rattling, and quiet motor noise. If I used a higher quality camera that recorded sound well, I may consider using it in my videos...but I would still include music as well. I think music is much more fitting on an edited video rather than a short random clip, but thats just me.

Here are a couple videos Ive done on a Gopro, where I edited out the sound for the reasons I mentioned.

Isham Canyon: Trona, CA - YouTube

WranglerForum: Doran and Odessa Canyon - YouTube

second video was very entertaining. thanks for those. :thumb:

Cons_Table 04-03-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casotakar1229 (Post 2214651)
second video was very entertaining. thanks for those. :thumb:

Thank you :wavey:. The first video's music is kind of a hit or miss for the viewing crowd haha.

KBR97 04-03-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballandchain (Post 2214032)
Man, why does everybody bitch and moan when something isn't exactly how they like it. Turn the volume off and make vroom vroom noises in your head. 95% of the time I don't like the music but I listen to maybe find something new that I haven't heard before.... Start a music vs no music thread. Looks like that's the popular thing to do....

Old dudes are old.

ballistx 04-03-2012 07:37 PM

Old Ears

music as the only sound is one thing. Can be ditched without any loss. However, music playing when there is voice is a totally different issue.

The producers need to take a simple course in listening to what their veiwers hear. That is especially true to us old guys and to those younger ones who seem to think their ears are immune to volume damage. (good idea to invest in hearing aid stock because there are generations coming up who are going to need them at a very early age.)

As your hearing degenerates, either from age or loud noise/music, you lose 2 things. One is the high frequencies. The other is the destinction between letters. The combination of these two make it difficult to ascertain just what word is being spoken. Usually hearing aids don't do much good until there is extreme degradation.

The result of this is that the voices fade and the music is amplified to the listener. That makes it virtually impossible to hear someone speaking if there is any background music or unless it is very muted. Typically the sound is at least 6db (4 times) what it should be to someone 70 years old.

To those who insist on listening to the loud sounds, just put some cotton in each of your ears and you will have a preview of what your hearing will be like in 10-15 years. And just pray that you don't develop the ringing in your ears that goes with some instances of hearing impairment.

It isn't a case of IF, but WHEN. And then it will be :facepalm:

LilYeller 04-03-2012 07:45 PM

uhhh.... yeah...... BACON!!!

Mortalis5509 04-03-2012 08:21 PM

I never thought listening to a 4.0 was that impressive really. Now if we have a cam'd up big block then that is something completely different.