Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Massachusetts Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f90/)
-   -   First-time owner in Worcester (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f90/first-time-owner-in-worcester-150951.html)

Seginus 04-03-2012 09:29 AM

First-time owner in Worcester

Just saying hello. Didn't realize we had a local forum. Shall be consulting you long timers on various things in future, I am sure. Anyone nearby willing to "supervise" mods when I get around the "scary" stuff? Have done some simple, inexpensive stuff so far. Costly things will obviously have to wait.

Again, hello!

Matthew

RubiconRich 04-03-2012 08:36 PM

I'm next door. And willing to help What year Jeep and model do you have.

Seginus 04-04-2012 08:31 AM

Thanks, Rich. I have a 2011 Sahara.

The only things I am considering for now are a leveling kit, stubby conversion kit for stock bumper and maybe some plasti-dipping. I have put some cheap stuff on already. new antenna, door sill guards, window wind deflectors, poly-fil'd speaker box. I need to buy some mirrors soon so I can take the doors off when it warms up a bit more.

I don't intend to do any off-roading but I didn't intend to mod it either.

Slidapenguin 04-09-2012 02:48 PM

Hi everyone I am also a first time jeep owner in Worcester!

I'm Heather I just bought a 2004 Columbia Edition wrangler a few weeks ago! I'd love to make some new jeep friends.

GREEN-MACHINE 04-09-2012 06:26 PM

welcome to the both of you,, and as always good to see some woman jeepers out there. again welcome. stephan.

Slidapenguin 04-10-2012 07:22 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome! I had the option to get a new car and all I could think about was jeep. I have always had jeep envy so I went for it. I got a great deal too. 2004 with only 12k miles, yeah...12k. I jumped on it! So excited and I love it. My dads so jealous lol! I would love to become a part of the jeep community especially around where I live.

Tiki Dave 04-10-2012 12:01 PM

A shout out to you both from Agawam. Welcome.

Slidapenguin 04-11-2012 07:03 AM

Thanks Dave!

Seginus 04-13-2012 07:31 AM

Doors are coming off today. Stopping by Auburn Harley dealer to pick up some mirrors on way home from work.:dance:

Wife is very nervous about running errands tomorrow!!

Tjmike003 04-13-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seginus
Doors are coming off today. Stopping by Auburn Harley dealer to pick up some mirrors on way home from work.:dance:

It's going to be a nice little stretch of weather. I will be stripping mine this weekend!

Tiki Dave 04-13-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

How much are those mirrors and which ones? I only ask because I'm wanting to go doorless.

jkjeeper06 04-13-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiki Dave

How much are those mirrors and which ones? I only ask because I'm wanting to go doorless.

I bought a set off eBay for $10. That might be your cheapest bet. Just search Harley mirror and you should be able to find a bunch. The left side one is the most important

Seginus 04-13-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiki Dave (Post 2253911)

I think they are 20 each or 20 a pair (basic rounds ones). At 20 each is expensive but I wasn't ready for the weather so they will have to do.:facepalm:

Seginus 04-16-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seginus (Post 2253407)

Holy crap. That is FUN.:punk: Wife digged it, too.

Drove out the Foxboro for the Revolution match. Even at 75 mph, was enjoyable! Woo!:dance:

Seginus 04-16-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkjeeper06 (Post 2254006)
I bought a set off eBay for $10. That might be your cheapest bet. Just search Harley mirror and you should be able to find a bunch. The left side one is the most important

yeah, shoulda gone to ebay for a set. Dropped 40 on a pair of new ones locally. Almost didnt think they would fit. Not a lot of bolt coming out of the bottom of the hinge. Worked out ok though. Left side is definitely more important. Cannot see the right one at all.

Tjmike003 04-17-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

yeah, shoulda gone to ebay for a set. Dropped 40 on a pair of new ones locally. Almost didnt think they would fit. Not a lot of bolt coming out of the bottom of the hinge. Worked out ok though. Left side is definitely more important. Cannot see the right one at all.

You only need drivers side to be legal.