Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Trail Covers (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/trail-covers-151278.html)

New2012JEEP 04-04-2012 04:37 PM

Trail Covers
 
How easy is the Bestop 2 Door trail cover to put in that storage bag?

Would it be a pita to use every night?

Any other options on brands, I am kind of off to Bestop at this point in time...

daggo66 04-04-2012 04:39 PM

Putting it on every night is pretty quick and simple. Getting it back in that storage bag, not so much.

ndrugby 04-04-2012 05:47 PM

You just need to lay it out on the ground and fold it well. It doesn't take too long once you get it down. However, I rarely take the time to do it for one of two reasons. Either I'm in a hurry and I chuck it in the back or garage. Second, it's often wet or damp, especially in spring or fall if I get up early. In those cases, I lay out in the sun to dry if possible.

I'm going to get a duffle bag to throw it in easier along with other things like soft top boot, spider shade, etc.

Casotakar1229 04-04-2012 05:50 PM

interested in this too. I am trying to find alternatives to putting my top down and back up every night since I don't have a garage...I kind of just want to remove the top all together. curse you apartment style living... :banghead:

sinepome 04-04-2012 05:54 PM

last summer i removed my top, installed a bikini top, and used a tarp over seats when it was going to rain. all in an apartment complex. i guess thievery isn't as big of a deal here as in other places though. i will be getting a trail cover this year and retire the ole tarp.(6x8 if anyone needs a cheap topless alternative.)

daggo66 04-04-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndrugby (Post 2219793)
You just need to lay it out on the ground and fold it well. It doesn't take too long once you get it down. However, I rarely take the time to do it for one of two reasons. Either I'm in a hurry and I chuck it in the back or garage. Second, it's often wet or damp, especially in spring or fall if I get up early. In those cases, I lay out in the sun to dry if possible.

I'm going to get a duffle bag to throw it in easier along with other things like soft top boot, spider shade, etc.

It's more like a fat chick putting on skinny jeans.

daggo66 04-04-2012 07:09 PM

I used it all the time at my townhouse. It was on during some storms and kept the inside bone dry. You do have to push the water off the top though. Now that I have a garage I don't use it any more.

JDsDream 04-04-2012 07:21 PM

I use the trail cover everyday from March to November. I've only attempted to get it back in the bag once. It is usually rolled up and laying in the back of my Jeep against the rear gate.

New2012JEEP 04-04-2012 08:56 PM

Ahh, thanks for letting me know everyone. Okay, so I have molded a tarp medium duty tarp to the shape of basically the trail cover...BUT...It will not fold easy, and even if I can get it folded down, it is huge! It takes up the Plano XXL completely. I am going to guess that the BT Trail cover can actually make it self smaller than a used tarp. I guess I am getting one if it is supposed* to fit in that bag it comes with.

Ageless Stranger 04-04-2012 09:00 PM

It'll go back in the bag, if you know how. There was another thread where a user photographically depicted the steps to get it in the bag any time. I'll look later to see if I can find it.

newIIjeeps 04-04-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66
Putting it on every night is pretty quick and simple. Getting it back in that storage bag, not so much.

I agree. I don't even use my storage bag. I just fold it up and throw it in the back. It's way easier that way.

ndrugby 04-04-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 2220050)
It's more like a fat chick putting on skinny jeans.

:rofl: Have you had the chance to try the soft top boot inserted into the rear window channel yet? I seem to recall that discussion back when you had already switched to a Hardtop.

daggo66 04-04-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndrugby (Post 2220745)
:rofl: Have you had the chance to try the soft top boot inserted into the rear window channel yet? I seem to recall that discussion back when you had already switched to a Hardtop.

Me, a hard top? Never! I use my soft top boot all the time.

daggo66 04-04-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger (Post 2220535)
It'll go back in the bag, if you know how. There was another thread where a user photographically depicted the steps to get it in the bag any time. I'll look later to see if I can find it.

I remember that thread. Until then I swore mine would never go back in the bag, but after reading that I got it to fit.

ndrugby 04-04-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66

Me, a hard top? Never! I use my soft top boot all the time.

True. You didn't mention hard top. You just said it would be a while before you could try it.

You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

daggo66 04-04-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndrugby (Post 2220910)
True. You didn't mention hard top. You just said it would be a while before you could try it.

You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

I have no idea what you mean by that, but I do recall there was something about the boot and the window channel. I do not remember what it was though.

ndrugby 04-04-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66

I have no idea what you mean by that, but I do recall there was something about the boot and the window channel. I do not remember what it was though.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/sof...ml#post1632995

daggo66 04-04-2012 10:36 PM

That was back in October! I forgot all about it. I will try to remember to try that when it warms up again. I forgot all about it a couple of weeks ago when I had the top down. :facepalm:

OH9JK 04-05-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 2220050)
It's more like a fat chick putting on skinny jeans.

Reminds me of this for some reason....

fat guy little coat edited - YouTube


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.