Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/)
-   -   Lift????? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/lift-151302.html)

The youngin and jeeper 04-04-2012 05:05 PM

Lift?????
 
i gata 95 yj im so anctious to lift it but im not sure how high to go before i start messing with the angle of the drive shaft an other complications ! Any info or thoughts ??

Kernal Clink 04-04-2012 05:26 PM

I think the common train of thought here is anything over 3.5" is going to include a SYE to compensate for the angles.

YJPete 04-04-2012 05:32 PM

Or a tcase drop if you're cheap. ;)

The youngin and jeeper 04-04-2012 05:59 PM

I'm 16 on a small salary but I really wanna lift it 3.5 sounds pretty good but my gf wants to sell me her I think what are52 all terrains so idk I'm a newbie so I'm just looking for options

YJ325i 04-08-2012 12:14 PM

52's !?!?!? I have heard 3" and above you tampering with angles and SYE's. I have 31's and am thinking of 2.5", just not sure of brand

The youngin and jeeper 04-08-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YJ325i
52's !?!?!? I have heard 3" and above you tampering with angles and SYE's. I have 31's and am thinking of 2.5", just not sure of brand

Nono not 52's my gf read the wrong number their 34's

Xpress 04-08-2012 12:21 PM

Big tires, stock axles won't hold up for long. Rear axle isn't worth dumping ANYTHING into.

Go with a 2.5" lift kit. Rough Country has cheap lift kits that will work for a while until you can afford a quality lift kit. Or you can do your own bastard packs.

The youngin and jeeper 04-08-2012 12:23 PM

I was just curious about I have no lift I bought the car and it has 32's not lift if I do lift it is it possible to put 33's or 34's on it?

Xpress 04-08-2012 01:26 PM

Now it's a car???? I thought we were talking about a Jeep?? :confused:

--------

If you're fitting 32's on it right now you should pretty much be rubbing constantly on the stock lift. Stock YJ leafs were flat from the factory, and stock shackle length was 4" eye to eye, every 2" longer your shackles are is 1" of lift.

The youngin and jeeper 04-08-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xpress
Now it's a car???? I thought we were talking about a Jeep?? :confused:

--------

If you're fitting 32's on it right now you should pretty much be rubbing constantly on the stock lift. Stock YJ leafs were flat from the factory, and stock shackle length was 4" eye to eye, every 2" longer your shackles are is 1" of lift.

Idk whats wrong with me my bad my "JEEP" don't wanna discrase jeeps but I hav no rubbing what so ever the tires are 32's but their pretty thin .

Xpress 04-08-2012 03:35 PM

Do you have pictures? Are your leafs flat? Are your shackles 4" long (eye to eye)?

The youngin and jeeper 04-08-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xpress
Do you have pictures? Are your leafs flat? Are your shackles 4" long (eye to eye)?

I'll put some pictures up later but yea my leaf springs are flat

Irongrave 04-08-2012 04:48 PM

Personally I would not run over 2.5 inches of lift to start with.
2" Suspension Lift

you can take your time and down the road do high line fenders you can stuff 35s under there with the right supporting work.

The youngin and jeeper 04-08-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irongrave
Personally I would not run over 2.5 inches of lift to start with.
2" Suspension Lift

you can take your time and down the road do high line fenders you can stuff 35s under there with the right supporting work.

I was planning a 2.5 cause the company that my dads friend sells only had 3.5 or 2.5 and I don't want higher then 2.5 and my tires are 32's I was curious if I got free 34' tires if they'd fit

Irongrave 04-08-2012 05:16 PM

if your good with a saw anything will fit

The youngin and jeeper 04-08-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irongrave
if your good with a saw anything will fit

Lmao that made me laugh not ganna lie but seriously?

denisbaldwin 04-09-2012 06:38 AM

:popcorn:

Shoelessboi 04-09-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The youngin and jeeper

Lmao that made me laugh not ganna lie but seriously?

Yes they are being serious. Depending on skills and trades alot could happen. Ive did some cool sh*t with a saw and metal. I just tossed a 4" rc lift on my 91 yj. Just so i can run 33's and play deeper in the mud. If you want to run 34's without rub. Id suggest a 2.5 lift and maybe 1" shackle lift. Xpress help me out on this one :-P

birtydugger 04-09-2012 11:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hi guyz!,.. one of my jeeps (black 94 yj) i put a 2.5" rubicon express lift with 31x13.50 x 15" mud terrains,.. very capable offroad and fits a 33" tyre also! but with the 31" there is much more room for flexing...to run 33" offroad on harder trails i would add a 1" body lift.. but a 2.5" lift is a safe upgrade without all the added aftermarket stuff..SYE, CV DRIVESHAFT, TRANSFER CASE DROP, etc... Just Empty Every Pocket :thumb:

The youngin and jeeper 04-09-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoelessboi

Yes they are being serious. Depending on skills and trades alot could happen. Ive did some cool sh*t with a saw and metal. I just tossed a 4" rc lift on my 91 yj. Just so i can run 33's and play deeper in the mud. If you want to run 34's without rub. Id suggest a 2.5 lift and maybe 1" shackle lift. Xpress help me out on this one :-P

A shackle lift??

Xpress 04-09-2012 05:28 PM

Yes, meaning you use longer leaf shackles to lift the Jeep. 1" is about the absolute MOST I would lift a Jeep using shackles, but others have gone farther with no ill side effects.

This is what 1" lift shackles look like:

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1161/mg9025.jpg

Rolling on 29" tires. With 31's it's a bit tighter but there's still room:

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/7453/mg8992.jpg

-----------

Regarding cutting: They are absolutely dead serious when they tell you to cut your fenders. Cutting them will open up room for your tires to move about without rubbing on anything. However, in most states you need fenders (front and rear) so going with flat fenders keeps your clearance but gives it a more aggressive look (an it's legal too).

http://www.ontherocks4x4.org/img/member/11_IMG_5884.JPG

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...jeep/004-2.jpg

The youngin and jeeper 04-09-2012 05:39 PM

Alright so say I do a 2.5 suspension lift and add a shackle lift with another inch would I clear 33's?? And my fenders of course I was planning on changing those anyways

Shoelessboi 04-09-2012 06:10 PM

You should clear it. Im doing a 4" rc lift with stock shackles and should be fine with 33's

The youngin and jeeper 04-09-2012 06:12 PM

Okay sweet thanks for all the help my cars as old is I am so I'm slowly learning the ways :)

0III0forlife 04-09-2012 06:12 PM

I have 8.5 inches under mine with 35" tires and they rub whenever i am in a hard twist. 35x12.5x15. So it depends on what you are going to do with your Jeep, if you just want the stance and keep it on the pavement, you can clear 33's with what you said, but if you go 'wheelin' and get into a flex spot, you will have problems.

The youngin and jeeper 04-09-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0III0forlife
I have 8.5 inches under mine with 35" tires and they rub whenever i am in a hard twist. 35x12.5x15. So it depends on what you are going to do with your Jeep, if you just want the stance and keep it on the pavement, you can clear 33's with what you said, but if you go 'wheelin' and get into a flex spot, you will have problems.

I have 32's on stock suspension (old that's how i bought it) I've done some trailing now seviere rubbing so if I add 3.5 of lift and a inch to the tire Id rub???

95YamJam 04-09-2012 08:18 PM

I have a 1" body lift, 1" boom shackle lift, 2.5" rc spring lift, and have "clearenced" my fenders some. Basically i moved my stock fenders up about an inch or so and took the metal out behind them.

That being said. I run a 32x11.5x15 on unknown back spaced black rock steelies with a 1.25" spacer.

I have no bump stops anywhere(rusted off). I do not rub at all with my 32's. I might have a slight rub with 33's, it would be close as hell if it didn't rub. If i had bump stops it would not rub.

To clear 34-35 with the lifts abouve your gonna need to do a flat or tube fendered front and also cut out as much of the rear as you can. Also don't be afraid to limit your up travel with some bump stops. I am gonna limit mine some when i get it where i want it.--->

I need an 8.8 in the rear and some small upgrades to the front axle and i'm going 36's with tube front and rear fenders. If the 36's rub i'll i'll add some bump stop.(more just to take some stress off my shocks and shock mounts).

What it looks like just setting(has some gear in the back).

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...l/DSC04300.jpg


Flexed some with no rubbing at all.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...l/DSC04382.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.