Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Help! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/help-151374.html)

cavemanmma 04-04-2012 09:15 PM

Help!

went to my jeep after school, put the key in, started it, then it died shortly after. plus i couldnt remove my key. i looked down and noticed someone took apart the steering column and the immobilizer was just dangling there. after hours of trying different things i ghetto rigged a way to start the jeep and drive home. however the key still wont come out. what now?

Jeeplover1 04-04-2012 09:16 PM

man that sucks.. sorry

jrussblues 04-04-2012 09:17 PM

File a police report, notify your insurance and get a rental.

kbwwolf 04-04-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussblues
File a police report, notify your insurance and get a rental.

^^^^This, unfortunately.

What a bummer.

cavemanmma 04-04-2012 09:26 PM

ANy ideas on removing the key? Tried the hammer and WD 40, but no results. Its a manual transmission 2002 Rubicon

jrussblues 04-04-2012 09:30 PM

Please leave the key and quit touching stuff, if you can't start it nobody else can and the cops will want prints.

cavemanmma 04-04-2012 09:34 PM

They looked at it and didnt take any prints. They just said we will see if anything turns up. It now runs, but the key just wont come out.

Baby Huey 04-04-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavemanmma (Post 2221042)
They looked at it and didnt take any prints. They just said we will see if anything turns up. It now runs, but the key just wont come out.

I'd hide it someplace before they take it for real !! Where are you located? Somewhere near the border to Mexico ?????? There is another post from a student who lost her Jeep to Mexico from I think San Diego....
Anyone now can get in and drive it away !
Take it to the Dealer and have em fix it $$$$$$$$$$$$ Sounds like ya need MOPAR parts anyway.... :banghead: "BH"

themoneypit 04-04-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavemanmma

After living in San Diego, that sounds about right. If were parked in la jolla the ritzier part of SD, they would have locked the city down.

Hunterat31792 04-08-2012 03:42 AM

Close to the bordet? Im Not from sd but... N the wrangler on top of a hill with a full moon lookin down on tijuana.. God speed get me n my jeep back to dixie safe n sound! There's alota trails out here but none r safe n my eyes. Already had my lil run in with the 2legged coyotes.. Either we need a fence or more border patrol. God bless America but I've been criticized a lot by locals ("Spanish Americans everywhere) bout car jackings n how easy jeeps r to commandier... My poor little jeep. This is the worst thread ive seen n I hate thinking bout it

1quick1 04-08-2012 04:10 AM

Immediately call the police to let them know your rig was broken in to. It sucks that you'll have to do an insurance claim but it is what it is.

Sgt.slaughter 04-08-2012 06:24 AM

How scary! I agree call the police and insurance co if you haven't already.