Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   So my soft top came installed backwards (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/so-my-soft-top-came-installed-backwards-151427.html)

Raminos 04-05-2012 07:10 AM

So my soft top came installed backwards
 
I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue. I just bought a 2011 Sahara with 3000 miles on it. The weather had been nice so I decided to take the hard top off and set up the soft top which was still factory sealed. To my surprise the soft top was on completely backwards. I took it back to the dealership they switched it around but then they told me the top was too small and asked me to bring it back later on today when their services people are in.

ljrubitm 04-05-2012 07:19 AM

Soft top to small, installed backwards from factory Must have been one hell of lunch break.
I'm sure it was a Fri. Jeep.:rofl:

lindel 04-05-2012 07:20 AM

Sounds like your Wrangler was built on a Monday...

Jeeplover1 04-05-2012 07:22 AM

Sounds like it needs to be set out in the sun and stretched

daggo66 04-05-2012 08:32 AM

It wasn't "installed" under your hard top. It's only there for transportation purposes and should have been removed right away. Both tops cannot be on at the same tiime.

Raminos 04-05-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 2222468)
It wasn't "installed" under your hard top. It's only there for transportation purposes and should have been removed right away. Both tops cannot be on at the same tiime.


It had all ther hardware connected to the vhicle and the guys at the dealership unscrewed it and turned it around so i think its safe to say it was on wrong.

daggo66 04-05-2012 11:26 AM

You're missing my point. It is supposed to be removed as soon as you get the Jeep home from the dealer. The hard top needs to come off, then the soft top comes off. If you want you use the Hard top, you put it back on. If you want to use the soft top, you have to take it apart and attach the header to the fabric, install the hardware, then put the top on.

That's why I said it wasn't "installed".

Raminos 04-05-2012 12:40 PM

that’s pretty crazy it comes that way. the owner’s manual nor the DVD mention anything about that.

Vin 04-05-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raminos
that’s pretty crazy it comes that way. the owner’s manual nor the DVD mention anything about that.

There should have been a large orange sticker on the cover of the soft top telling you it should be removed ASAP.

daggo66 04-05-2012 02:14 PM

Maybe you just didn't look in the right place in the manual.

DUAL TOP IF EQUIPPED
If your vehicle is equipped with a Dual Top,
you must
remove one of the tops from the vehicle. If the soft top
is removed, the pivot brackets must also be removed
from the sport bar.
The soft top was installed at the
factory for shipping purposes only.
The soft top and the
hard top are to be used independently.
Removal is
mandatory to prevent any possible wear and tear on the
soft top. Your vehicle warranty will not cover damage
resulting from both tops remaining on the vehicle at the

same time for extended periods of time.

lindel 04-05-2012 02:15 PM

The vehicle is basically a handy carrying case for the soft top...

Tanksta 04-05-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raminos (Post 2222255)
I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue. I just bought a 2011 Sahara with 3000 miles on it. The weather had been nice so I decided to take the hard top off and set up the soft top which was still factory sealed. To my surprise the soft top was on completely backwards. I took it back to the dealership they switched it around but then they told me the top was too small and asked me to bring it back later on today when their services people are in.



So you bought a pre-owned Jeep?
If so, my guess is the PO removed the soft top as per the manual.
Then re-installed it incorrectly in preperation for the sale/trade.

If not, I'm in with the Mon/Fri production crowd! :banghead:

Raminos 04-05-2012 04:29 PM

Well I took it to the dealer and they got it figured out.

blackforestgreen 04-05-2012 10:02 PM

so, did you remove the hard top and install the soft top? did it come with the windows?

daggo66 04-06-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackforestgreen (Post 2225408)
so, did you remove the hard top and install the soft top? did it come with the windows?

:whistling:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 AM.