Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Cargo Mat suggestions for the rear (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/cargo-mat-suggestions-for-the-rear-151791.html)

KYmom 04-06-2012 05:08 PM

Cargo Mat suggestions for the rear
 
Hubby took out the rear seat today and we are looking for the best cargo mat to purchase and put in for a 2 door. In need of suggestions and pics.

kbwwolf 04-06-2012 05:12 PM

This is what I use in my 4-door. Not sure how much coverage you're looking for, but these will hold a ton of crud, water, etc. Pretty sure it extends up under the rear seat area on a 2-door.

Quadratec Exclusive 14255 0301 - Quadratec® Ultimate All Weather Rear Cargo Liner for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

daggo66 04-06-2012 05:39 PM

You can't go wrong with that one.

shell 04-06-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 2228048)
This is what I use in my 4-door. Not sure how much coverage you're looking for, but these will hold a ton of crud, water, etc. Pretty sure it extends up under the rear seat area on a 2-door.

Quadratec Exclusive 14255 0301 - Quadratec® Ultimate All Weather Rear Cargo Liner for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 2228109)
You can't go wrong with that one.

^^^
What they said. I have the 2 door version.

stryke-force 04-06-2012 05:55 PM

Got mine yesterday, very good, Joe the rep will get ya free shipping.

3TimeOwner 04-06-2012 09:14 PM

what KBWwolf said... can't go wrong. all the weathertech 1's I have always have a problem with the sides collapsing

0lllllll0 04-06-2012 10:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like the Husky Cargo Liner.

Don't hate on the milk crate.

KYmom 04-07-2012 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0lllllll0 (Post 2229138)
I like the Husky Cargo Liner.

Don't hate on the milk crate.


LOL.. Don't everbody have at least one of those in their vehicle and garage.LOL there great to keep things from sliding around.

KYmom 04-07-2012 05:38 AM

Looks good, geuss we will order one sometime this weekend.
Thanks for the help.

strider_mt2k 04-07-2012 06:26 AM

I love the Quadratec one, but I wish they made a version that went over the folded rear seats of the JKU.
I roll with mine folded 99% of the time and it would give the back a more finished look and more complete protection.


Nothing wrong with using milk crates, but don't steal 'em, ask the guys at the dairy! I did and got 'em for free.
My original plan was to use milk crates for my off roading kits, and I still might for some stuff.
The good crates with the metal band around the top are strong and useful as all get-out.
I have a set that I picked up in the 80s that still get hauled out and used for stuff from time to time.

0lllllll0 04-07-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYmom (Post 2229717)
there great to keep things from sliding around.

Hell yes! We all know how stuff slides around back there (or maybe it's just the way I drive), including people. Shortly after I got my jeep I took two of my friends for a drive. Since the rear seat was out one of them had to hang on to whatever he could in the back. It was hilarious to watch him roll all over the place laughing the whole time. He had had a couple of beers too. :angel:

Also, regarding the Husky, it's got handy little "outlines" in the mat for cutting away with a razor if you want to hook the rear seat back on top, or just to have the cargo loops exposed. If you want better protection from liquids and stuff you can just leave them uncut.

KYmom 04-08-2012 08:24 AM

Does anyone have a pic of there quadratec 2 door version? also can you still put the back seat in and out with it?

daggo66 04-08-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0lllllll0 (Post 2230151)

Also, regarding the Husky, it's got handy little "outlines" in the mat for cutting away with a razor if you want to hook the rear seat back on top, or just to have the cargo loops exposed. If you want better protection from liquids and stuff you can just leave them uncut.

The Quadratec/RR/Treadlightly/4WD Parts version is exactly the same way. (those 4 are indentical products)

daggo66 04-08-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYmom (Post 2232884)
Does anyone have a pic of there quadratec 2 door version? also can you still put the back seat in and out with it?

The seat will still come in and out. In fact, you have to remove the seat to properly install it. When the seat is installed the cargo mat front edge is about even with the front edge of the seat.

funnnyc 04-19-2012 09:12 AM

Hi, did you ever find a solution for your JKU folded rear seats? Just started looking and that's exactly what I'm looking for as well.

Thanks,
Glen

1Topp 04-19-2012 09:36 AM

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5324/7...64e2a911ac.jpg

willee51 04-19-2012 05:11 PM

Another suggestion:

Results for Jeep Liners

I have one on order W/side inserts :thumb:

SlackerMD 04-19-2012 05:53 PM

Also, Weathertech JUST released their 2011+ cargo liner today...I've got the pre-2011 in now (in my 2012 JKU) and it fits like a glove all the way around with the exception of by the door opening. the new version will supposedly cure that, but i'll see once it arrives.

DustinLH00 04-20-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlackerMD (Post 2279820)
Also, Weathertech JUST released their 2011+ cargo liner today...I've got the pre-2011 in now (in my 2012 JKU) and it fits like a glove all the way around with the exception of by the door opening. the new version will supposedly cure that, but i'll see once it arrives.

Can you please post pics of what it looks like when installed? I am curious about the Weathertech liners in the JKs but it is hard to find actual pics of them in our Jeeps and not their stock pics...

SlackerMD 04-20-2012 10:32 AM

sure. the Weathertech front/backseat liners fit like a glove as you would expect from them, but I will post new pics of the 2011+ cargo liner once i get it on Mon/Tues.

DustinLH00 04-20-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlackerMD (Post 2282844)
sure. the Weathertech front/backseat liners fit like a glove as you would expect from them, but I will post new pics of the 2011+ cargo liner once i get it on Mon/Tues.

I have heard a lot about them being plastic instead of rubber and a lot of people seem to not like that. I had a set of nice liners in my Accord a few years back and they were more plastic looking, so they may have been Weathertechs. I didn't mind them except they got slick at times.

SlackerMD 04-20-2012 11:36 AM

the "liners" are kind of in between plastic and rubber as far as feel (they are a blended thermoplastic). I used to run rubber mats, but they always broke down and ripped so i moved to Weathertech years ago, and they are just super solid and never seem to degrade.

SlackerMD 04-20-2012 11:46 AM

another note on the rubber ones...besides ripping and degrading much easier, they just seem to keep dirt and crud in them forever, whereas the molded liners are so much easier to clean (especially after dirty muddy dogs romp all over them).

jk'n 04-20-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 2228048)
This is what I use in my 4-door. Not sure how much coverage you're looking for, but these will hold a ton of crud, water, etc. Pretty sure it extends up under the rear seat area on a 2-door.

Quadratec Exclusive 14255 0301 - Quadratec® Ultimate All Weather Rear Cargo Liner for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

I use this one too and like it.

wassup8687 04-20-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlackerMD (Post 2283108)
another note on the rubber ones...besides ripping and degrading much easier, they just seem to keep dirt and crud in them forever, whereas the molded liners are so much easier to clean (especially after dirty muddy dogs romp all over them).

Quadratec has a lifetime warranty so I wouldn't worry about it breaking down. I just received mine yesterday and I love it.

DustinLH00 04-25-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlackerMD (Post 2282844)
sure. the Weathertech front/backseat liners fit like a glove as you would expect from them, but I will post new pics of the 2011+ cargo liner once i get it on Mon/Tues.

Hey Slacker!

Did you get them yet?? I have been anxiously awaiting them :cool:

SlackerMD 04-25-2012 10:43 AM

the Weathertech hit Chicago yesterday am...so should be in tomorrow

SlackerMD 04-26-2012 01:40 PM

and it's here...

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/...thertech_1.jpg

and installed with subwoofer and one tie-down cutout removed.

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/...thertech_2.jpg

She said I was the first one to receive it and it's apparent since they forgot to even put on their logo. It fits extremely well as I would expect from them.

DustinLH00 04-26-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlackerMD (Post 2305588)
and it's here...

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/...thertech_1.jpg

and installed with subwoofer and one tie-down cutout removed.

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/...thertech_2.jpg

She said I was the first one to receive it and it's apparent since they forgot to even put on their logo. It fits extremely well as I would expect from them.

Thanks! I have a 2d '12, are you able to install the seat on top of these? Is that how that works?

SlackerMD 04-26-2012 03:02 PM

this is in a 4-Door, so no clue how the seat install points would line up, but they have a 2-door liner -- but I think that is for the small cargo space behind the 2nd row.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.