Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

What a surprise,,,,,first time offroad

6K views 24 replies 22 participants last post by  LiftedTj 
#1 ·
My daughter Erin and i were making a trip to Tractor Supply and Lowes when we see a old dirt road going back into some quarries and i asked her i wonder whats back there,,,,boy did i open a can or worms :thumb:.

We drive down the dirt road and it opens up into a big staging area with about 8 big gravel dirt hills that dirt bikes/atvs use to climb and jump.That was our first obstacle,,,,we easily climb up the 15 foot hill park the jeep look around and see a hole network of various trails for dirt bikes and atvs.

Looks like we found a place to get the new crush JKU dirty and see what it can do.My daughter is absolutely psyched and her enthusiasm is fueling the fire to get the jeep dirty.

For the next 1 1/2 hrs we go up some pretty steep hills which i really had know idea the jeep can go up,,,was a little scary at times being a new jeeper and all but i never thought we were doing anything the jeep couldnt handle.Mostly we stayed on a main trail that was spattered with mud puddles,rocks and such.

We really had a great time and my daughter video taped our little adventure and made a really cool video presentation out of it.I never thought id say this but i swear she is a bad influence on me,,,,she wanted to go up everyhill through every puddle etc that she can,,,,laughing and giggling the whole time.We will definately go back and check out some of the trails that were off the main trail but my biggest fear was getting the new jeep all scratched up with green briar thorns that riddled the quarries and smaller trails everywhere.

Here is some pics of our first time off road......Oh yea Mom wasnt too pleased when we brought the new jeep home all dirty but after she seen the video and seen the fun we had all was good :dance:

As you can see Kramer really liked the trip as well :thumb::thumb::thumb:

See less See more
#8 ·
Appleman this is just south of youngstown ,NE Ohio right on the ohio /Pa border,,,,,they call it hillsville.I would have been a bit more adventerous if i had a fellow jeeper along but my daughter and i were flying solo.Id luv to go back with another jeeper and do some more exploreing.

#11 ·
Love your rig, Kdog

I'm from Conneaut, also a steelworker, and would love to come down and wheel there with you sometime. :wavey:

It's always better to wheel with a second vehicle, in case you get stuck.

I have been reading about your leveling kit install, and am seriously thinking of slapping one on mine. My bumper and winch are really giving it a bad rake. How hard was your install?

I have recently joined NEO 4x4, bunch of good folks and some of us go to Southington Offroad to wheel. It's right next door to you if you're in Youngstown.

#17 ·
hanging rock--do you ohio guy,s know that area ??? if you know the strip mines then you surely know about the rock....

looks like you had a great first time out, worst part of owning a new and clean jeep is first mud and scars,,, but after a couple then it,s way more than fun---and yes keep your daughter going and let the addiction grow..

#19 ·
I loved the story of your adventure. My dad and I used to do things like this and my Stepmom would be furious with us, haha. Sometimes it's all about making memories and it sounds like that's exactly what you did :thumb:

Problem is you have also started something that very likely will never end. I'm in my 40's now and have my third Jeep, my dad is restoring a 1964 CJ5 and we are planing some more adventures :D My husband and Stepmom are now :nonono:

May the adventures never end with your daughter, as mine haven't with my father.

Lisa

#22 ·
I never thought id say this but i swear she is a bad influence on me,,,,she wanted to go up everyhill through every puddle etc that she can,,,,laughing and giggling the whole time.
Careful there kdog...started my little girl out in one of those pink barbie jeeps. She just graduated college and wants a new Rubicon. lol.:doh:

Great pics and beautiful rig!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.