Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Connecticut Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f92/)
-   -   Tire balancing help (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f92/tire-balancing-help-152190.html)

kjeeper10 04-08-2012 06:30 PM

Anybody know of a good shop in CT, one that will spend the time and balance my tires.
Both shops I've been to, one gave up. Other said "those 35's are BIG and knobby", "there is no way your gonna get the perfect". Others won't attempt because they're "to big" lol..... I call bullshit. They just won't take the time to do it right.

1 tire shows excessive runout on the road force machine (spare) and 2 others are close (rears)
Vibes entire jeep on the highway :(

Considering Dyna Beads if I can't find a shop to balance my tires. Thinking this may be my best bet ??

CT peeps help me out here :)

Sueby 04-09-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 2234405)
Anybody know of a good shop in CT, one that will spend the time and balance my tires.
Both shops I've been to, one gave up. Other said "those 35's are BIG and knobby", "there is no way your gonna get the perfect". Others won't attempt because they're "to big" lol..... I call bullshit. They just won't take the time to do it right.

1 tire shows excessive runout on the road force machine (spare) and 2 others are close (rears)

Considering Dyna Beads if I can't find a shop to balance my tires. Thinking this may be my best bet ??

Well that sucks. You can give Larry at Maple Tire in Vernon a call, I hear he is really, really good. Not sure he can do what you need, but he'll be honest with you and not waste your time if he can't & point you to someone that can.

(860) 872-6198

Good luck! :thumb:

kjeeper10 04-09-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sueby

Well that sucks. You can give Larry at Maple Tire in Vernon a call, I hear he is really, really good. Not sure he can do what you need, but he'll be honest with you and not waste your time if he can't & point you to someone that can.

(860) 872-6198

Good luck! :thumb:

Sue thanks

Wish I had a tire balancer lol

I found Valley truck in Ellington. Totally forgot about them. They specialize in 4x4 work so 35's are small in their eyes lol.

What is the name of the place ?

wedu22 04-09-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 2234405)

Hey Ken,

- I know I sound like a broken record but is EVB in Danbury, 203.748.5700, an option for you...I would think they could do it;)
Extreme Vehicle Builders - Index Page

pauly21mc 04-09-2012 06:25 PM

As one other said maple in Vernon very good. Heavys in east Windsor also very good. Do equal in your tires, mine are badly worm and have been misstreated. They still run great down the hiway.

kjeeper10 04-10-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauly21mc
As one other said maple in Vernon very good. Heavys in east Windsor also very good. Do equal in your tires, mine are badly worm and have been misstreated. They still run great down the hiway.

Equal?

I called maples yesterday :thumb:

Hopefully i can get in soon.

Sueby 04-10-2012 01:34 PM

Oh good - did they say they'd be able to help you? (Maple that is)

kjeeper10 04-10-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sueby
Oh good - did they say they'd be able to help you? (Maple that is)

Hopefully. I have to make time to get in :)

Peepers 04-11-2012 07:19 AM

You could try petes tire barn in south windsor. their website lists commercial applications so they might have a ballence machine big enough.

Pete's Tire Barns - Please visit our South Windsor Connecticut Tire and Service Center

kjeeper10 04-17-2012 08:07 AM

Bull s**t

I have two tires that needed to be broken down and rotated on the rim. Still show excessive road force. Was able to balance to 0 but still wobbly. Tech says there is nothing I can do about it.
1 was done yesterday and I go back today for the other.
Will see how it drives after.

I asked about balancing beads but he was clueless.

Depending on how the jeep drives I might consider them still.

Sueby 04-17-2012 09:14 AM

Well that's a bummer.

Peepers 04-17-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sueby (Post 2269148)
Well that's a bummer.

x2

lee indy 04-17-2012 09:23 AM

why not use the balancing beads.

Tire Balancing Products

lee indy 04-17-2012 09:41 AM

i have a set waiting for my next set of tires.

kjeeper10 04-18-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lee indy
why not use the balancing beads.

Tire Balancing Products

I was ready to order them..

I had one more tire to road force. Since I show up at the end of the day, he went through all 5 again and rebalanced. I don't think he trusted the other tech.

Finally got them balanced. Not perfect but drivable on the highway finally :)

3 tires had to be broken down and rotated on the rim. 1 would not balance so we put that as the spare. 2 front are fine and 2 rear are "ok", balanced but not perfect.

I might still do the beads in the future so I won't have to worry about it again. What a pain is the ass...... Lol

SilverSahara 04-24-2012 12:47 PM

Kjeeper, I'm running the dyna beads in my Harley V-Rod and they work amazingly well. I hate the look of wheel weights on nice rims. Will do the same when I switch to 33's on my Sahara wheels. Check the Innovative Balancing website, I'm fairly sure you can run them with your existing wheel weights to dail in your 35's. Hope this helps and your ride looks awesome how you have it set-up now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 2274050)
I was ready to order them..

I had one more tire to road force. Since I show up at the end of the day, he went through all 5 again and rebalanced. I don't think he trusted the other tech.

Finally got them balanced. Not perfect but drivable on the highway finally :)

3 tires had to be broken down and rotated on the rim. 1 would not balance so we put that as the spare. 2 front are fine and 2 rear are "ok", balanced but not perfect.

I might still do the beads in the future so I won't have to worry about it again. What a pain is the ass...... Lol

kjeeper10 04-26-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09-SAHARA
Kjeeper, I'm running the dyna beads in my Harley V-Rod and they work amazingly well. I hate the look of wheel weights on nice rims. Will do the same when I switch to 33's on my Sahara wheels. Check the Innovative Balancing website, I'm fairly sure you can run them with your existing wheel weights to dail in your 35's. Hope this helps and your ride looks awesome how you have it set-up now!

Missed this :(

Thanks a lot.

They ride better but not perfect. I have looked into the Dyna beads,
the ones that you can load in through the valve stem.

:wavey:

SilverSahara 04-27-2012 11:37 AM

Check that site for the TPMS info if your stilll running them. If so you might have to break the bead to throw them in...

Let us know how they work out on the taller tires.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 2307339)
Missed this :(

Thanks a lot.

They ride better but not perfect. I have looked into the Dyna beads,
the ones that you can load in through the valve stem.

:wavey:

lee indy 04-27-2012 12:05 PM

i have 4 8 0z packs for off road tires if anybody wants them.

Ibuildembig 04-27-2012 12:08 PM

^^^whatcha want for um?

kjeeper10 04-27-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Check that site for the TPMS info if your stilll running them. If so you might have to break the bead to throw them in...

Let us know how they work out on the taller tires.

No TPMS 07 :)

SilverSahara 04-28-2012 11:02 AM

Even better! It's overkill anyway, buy a dang pressure gage...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 2309251)
No TPMS 07 :)

kjeeper10 05-05-2012 06:47 AM

Quote:

Even better! It's overkill anyway, buy a dang pressure gage...

Lol

Or a Procal