Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   1" vs 2" MML question?? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/1-vs-2-mml-question-152311.html)

NCJeepin 04-09-2012 09:51 AM

1" vs 2" MML question??

Okay, so this probably isn't a traditional question as I have barely found any results in google. But, I'm planning a 1" BL in the very near future and along with it, I was going to add some type of 1" MML. I currently have a t-case drop that is a little over 1", probably around 1.25"-ish and I would like to get rid of it. So I've heard people have been able to swap the t-case drop with the MML and have little to no vibes left (if so, they are fixable by adding small amounts of washers to the skid). However, with a D44 rear I'm not very confident that I'll be able to do a straight swap with no vibes. Adding washers is still a viable option though. But, after searching for types of MMLs, I came across a 2" MML (Brown Dog Offroad), which I had never really heard anything about before. That gave me an idea; instead of doing a 1" MML and adding washers, why couldn't I just install a 2" MML and bring the skid all the way back up? It seems to make enough sense, to me at least. But I got to thinking about the stock skid... I know people use the 1" MML when doing tummy-tucks, but I'm wondering would a 2" MML even be compatible with the stock belly skid plate since it would be moving things up another additional inch, in a sense? Or would a flat belly skid be required for that since the stock one is like a shovel? At this time, I am NOT going to be installing a SYE/CV or adjustable control arms. I'm just curious about this 2" MML because I've never really heard much about it and it doesn't seem to be that popular. I can't really see why it wouldn't be an option, assuming it works with the stock skid and all. Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to hearing some input about this!:)

530ktm 04-09-2012 04:44 PM

I have not heard of a 2 inch MML ever being used in a TJ and I would not recommend it either. You should be able to put the transfer case back in it's original position after installing a 1 inch MML along with a 1 inch body lift.

NCJeepin 04-09-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 530ktm (Post 2238130)
I have not heard of a 2 inch MML ever being used in a TJ and I would not recommend it either. You should be able to put the transfer case back in it's original position after installing a 1 inch MML along with a 1 inch body lift.

I was looking at theses 1" MML motor mounts: CU2883-1 Jeep TJ & LJ 1" MML, Ultra-Flex Rubber
But I came across these 2" ones that are made for a TJ and was just wondering since I've never heard about anyone using them before: CU2883-2 Jeep 2" MML, Ultra-Flex Rubber
I probably won't go the 2" route but is there any reason why you wouldn't recommend it?

MCDavis 04-12-2012 04:53 PM

NC, read Brown Dog's FAQ section...your question is answered there.