Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Anyone running the new generation Truck-Lite Led Headlamps? REVIEWS!

38K views 54 replies 36 participants last post by  SecretAgentMan 
#1 ·
Are you running the new generation Truck-Lite LED's and what do you think of them?
Anyone runnning the new generation Truck-Lite LED head-lamps, and if so, what is your real world experience with them? I have read that the scratch up easily, but they are bright as can be. I'm not to worried about the x, but is this for real?

I want new headlamps, but $600 for headlamps is steep, so I want to make sure people are happy with them before I commit. Is there another option that will give me that much light for less money and a tougher lens cover that won't scratch?

Thanks in advance...
Jacob​

#2 ·
I was just looking at these in the new 4WD parts book I got in the mail. I had the same question. Need to know how good they are before laying out $280 each. and $20 for the JK wire harness adapter.

#4 ·
^this
Hildweller has done a gigantic test on another forum and the new Trucklite's have shown to be very similar in performance to the JW Speaker (which are pretyy good), yet better in price. However, it is completely different than normal headlights like Cibies.

Don't know about the scratching. One of my own concerns is the temperature of the glass (or plastic) in winter conditions; does it melt away the ice like normal HL?

Btw, if you pull the trigger for the Trucklite's, make sure to replace the harness as well to get rid of the 'flickering'.

#7 ·
I have them - It was an ez install you can get them much cheaper than $600. Do a search on the truck lite LED head lamp and you'll see where there are several notes about cost and any other issues. BTW they're very bright. Just make sure that you have them aimed correctly so you don't get flashed by oncoming traffic.

#8 ·
Hi Everyone, I am the O.P. of this thread, and I went ahead and bought them and had them professionally installed.

Yes, they do flicker without a wire harness upgrade... :nonono:

Yes, they do project a big X that IMO is pretty annoying... :whistling:

No, I doubt I will run them on my fresh ordered 13...

I am told by a good source that Trucklite is working on eliminating these issues... :hide:

They are BRIGHT like a SHINING STAR, thats for sure!!!! :dance:

Cheers,
Jacob

#15 ·
I tried the LED bulbs for the fog lights and they are not bright enough, so I ordered the Vision X fog light replacements.
What I did do was to replace all my other bulbs for the interior and all my signal, brake and marker lights.
I got them from Superbrightleds.com and work very, very well.
For me, it's all about safety, seeing and being seen, and of course the longevity of the bulbs.
I do believe that I should not have to change these LED bulbs out as long as I own the Jeep, 12 to 15 years and possibly beyond.

#13 ·
a buddy installed these in his 2011....really likes the result....

a fit issue for him, is a small mismatch at the top of the bulb unit with the grill area. It's easy to ignore it, and the cosmetic aspect isn't that big of an issue IMO. Still, for the $500 he has in the set up, seems a bit annoying.....and we don't know what the monsoon season will do regarding moisture down the back of the housing as it works down due to wind pressure & gravity.

#14 ·
Well, I had the same problem with the slight mis-match with the grill, but it's nothing.
I found the installation very easy and I made sure to aim them properly, easy too.
I have driven the Truck-Lites under all kinds of conditions and they hold up like the company says.
Remember that they are military grade headlights.
And they really make my 2011 Call of Duty Rubicon look great.
Well worth the money!
Now I am waiting for the LED Vision X fog light replacements to arrive.

#19 ·
Macman1138 said:
I have not seen an X projected on my Truck-Lites in the year or so that I have had them.
The flicker only occurs when idle, a very slight flicker at that so no big deal.
I would have gone for the Speaker LEDs maybe if I had known about them.
BUT...the Truck-Lites are military grade and I am very pleased with them.
Buy the Truck-Lites and you won't be disappointed!
X2. Thumbs up!

#24 ·
In regards to Truck Lites it's a no brainer if you want brighter lights in the Jeep. I've been running Phase 5 TL LED's in my OTR trucks for 3yrs without any issues. I've got Phase 7 TL in my Harley no complaints at all and it's what I'm going to put in my Jeep when I get it back from AEV.

#25 ·
love my Truck-lites! I highly recommend!

#26 ·
#33 ·
I think I saw this confirmed on another thread, but TJs do not need the H4 To H13 Adapters in order to run the truck-lite gen 7s right? Will my '03 give them a flicker? There have been a lot of discussions throughout the forum on pigtail, harnesses etc. so just wanted to double check with you guys first.

I've been reading all the threads on truck-lites vs. HIDs for the last 4 weeks... I think I just need to pull the trigger on these LEDs!

#40 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.