Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   New member in South Africa (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/new-member-in-south-africa-153080.html)

foxyman 04-12-2012 12:05 PM

New member in South Africa

Hi,

After selling my 2000 Wrangler Sport 4.0l in 2006 have finally been able to get one again, bought a 2006 Sahara 4.0l 6MT which is stock but has 31" BFG A/T tyres.

Will be using it for some great trails we have in the Western Cape and some mild mud-plugging but it will also be a DD for a year or so as well. Plan on lifting has high as possible with-out effecting existing drivetrain or steering geometry, am thinking a 2" OME lift with the nitro shocks and then a body lift of say 1.25" or 1.5" - have gone through quite a few threads and haven't come up with a definitive answer as to what the max lift I can achieve with out effecting steering/drivetrain and/or what the best combo of suspension and body lift would be to achieve this - can anyone give me some pointers please? We have local stockists of OME and it seems Rough Country but can bring in anything else that might be better if i have to...

Will probably also go with some black rock steelies (15x8 'D' type) as I like the total matt black finish - Second question - in order to widen the track as much as possible I should be ordering them with minimum offset? Am already scrapping on full lock with the 31s and figure am gonna have issues on articulation when off road...

Am also keen some smittybilt bumpers, rubicon rockers and corners, savvy LED tail lights in black (love the way these look!) and a bestop instatrunk.

Third question relates to Intake, generally the opinion seems to be that after market kits are a waste of money but some reviews suggest that they can give a better throttle response and I am all for a bit of induction noise so am considering an
AEM Brute Force Induction System - has anyone that has heard one got any opinion on whether this gives a beeter sound than stock? Also how high is the risk of engine damage due to possible poorer filtration with town and limited/mild off road use (i wont be driving through the Namibian desert anytime soon!)?

Fourth question rleates to exhaust, this is an almost certain mod and need some advice on these (I cannot hear them realtime as they dont seem to be sold locally), based on thread searches and listening to some youtube clips I have narrowed it down to Magnaflow or Banks (it would seems Banks sounds better from inside and Magnaflow better from outside but opinions on this would be welcome!) and if I went with a Magnaflow and their Offroad pro-series (3" tubing - am probably going to be doing a custom 3" system on my 73 Camaro which apparently sounds much better than an easier to fabricate 2.5" system) is this going to be a problem with a it being a daily driver and drone and should I just stick with the standard Competition series?

Any advice and assistance would be welcomed!

RatherBNarizona 04-12-2012 01:12 PM

Welcome! For the tech questions, make a new thread in the TJ section where the tech guru's hang out :)

hbgirl 04-12-2012 02:36 PM

:wavey: welcome foxyman!

Beastmaster 04-12-2012 06:00 PM

Welcome to the forum!

_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

backwards 04-12-2012 06:41 PM

Welcome to the forum

JDsDream 04-12-2012 07:56 PM

Welcome Foxyman

damndirtydog 04-12-2012 08:10 PM

Welcome!
Man, I bet you can get into some serious wheeling in S Africa! You'll need to post some jeep and 4 wheeling pictures sometime.:wavey:

shell 04-12-2012 08:54 PM

Welcome!:wavey:

MrSig 04-13-2012 05:11 AM

Welcome and enjoy the forum!

blkrubi88 04-13-2012 05:41 AM

Welcome!

SilverSport 04-14-2012 09:57 AM

Welcome Aboard! :wavey: