Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   Off-Topic (
-   -   The rollover..... (

tjluke 02-05-2008 10:07 PM

The rollover.....
My roomate was browsing the internet a few days ago and we saw a video of some idiot jumping out of his CJ as it began to roll over, I was so disturbed by this, #1, it looked like he could have recovered from the rollover if he had just kept his wits....... and #2, WTF WOULD YOU JUMP FROM A ROLLING VEHICLE? At the bottom of the video were people telling the guy that he made the right decision and it probably saved his life...... I may be new to riding, but even I know that a seatbelt is more likely to keep you in one piece than trying to do the superhuman roll-bar dodge as you go wheels up. As such, I went looking for articles on what to do, I saw this one on JP Magazines website, just figured I'd link it here if anyone new gets on the site and is curious.

I'm sure this type of topic has been posted before, but it is always one that should be emphasized to people new to wheeling.

yj4x4 02-05-2008 10:36 PM

link the video

Smeghead 02-05-2008 11:18 PM

If they rolled down that cliff and had a good 4-point harness they should have been find by the looks of it which is amazingly GOOD

tjluke 02-06-2008 07:33 AM

I'll have to get with my roomate, he showed me the video, where it was I have no idea.

debruins 02-06-2008 07:37 AM

he may not ahve had his seatbelt on!!
some ppl are dumb