Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (
-   -   What is this? (

JoshuaTreeRocks 04-29-2012 03:52 PM

What is this?
1 Attachment(s)
I believe this has something to do with emissions, it is cracked. One side is 1/8 the other is 1/4. Anyone know the proper name, it belongs to my 1998 2.5 ltr Wrangler. The 1/4 side attaches to the intake manifold. The 1/8 side attaches to something that looks like a crushed can near the top of the engine. Thanks!

00tj2 04-29-2012 03:55 PM

It is a vacuum hose. It is necessary. You can use a piece of rubber hose to fix it, just cut out the cracked area and use the rubber hose to connect the two sides or just get a new one from jeep.

JoshuaTreeRocks 04-29-2012 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, do you know what this is?

06challenger 04-29-2012 04:11 PM

not too sure... i have the 4.0, but that looks like a fuel pressure regularor... just put a new vaccuume line on it and you will be good... just fix it soon! from your discription i thought you may have been talking about you EGR, but that looks like the fuel reg....

JoshuaTreeRocks 04-29-2012 04:30 PM

Cool, thanks, gonna run up to AutoZone, see what they have.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.