Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   tires (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/tires-157137.html)

mobgod 04-30-2012 06:40 PM

tires
 
OK I have the stock rims and tires what size can I put on without doing any mods

zomby 04-30-2012 06:45 PM

i have 30 9.50 15 is the biggest i know you can go with stock rims and no mods

dabolt55 04-30-2012 06:46 PM

31" on stock suspension, from what I am told. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif

Jeeplover1 04-30-2012 06:50 PM

31 is as big as i would go on stock

mobgod 04-30-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zomby
i have 30 9.50 15 is the biggest i know you can go with stock rims and no mods

So I can go 31 9 50 15 correct?

JDT 04-30-2012 08:38 PM

I'm runnin 31-10.50-15 completely stock, I only rub a little bit while turning at full flex

zomby 04-30-2012 09:59 PM

i hear you can run 31s with aftermarket rims the stock has to much off set, but i am not sure on that just what i hear. if JDT is running 31s on stock rims there is your proof like he says only rubs a little at full flex and full turn. which is not a huge deal unless your at full flex and full turn all the, time in wich case i would sugest to move to a place with better every day driving conditions.

zachc113 05-01-2012 05:32 AM

I just got 31/10.50 duratracs on stock wheels and suspension. Rub at full lock but I am going to do the washer mod this weekend most likely. Other than that no problems and it makes the jeep look 100x better than the stock wranglers that came on it. It's also a better ride surprisingly

mobgod 05-01-2012 05:59 AM

[QUOTE="zachc113"]I just got 31/10.50 duratracs on stock wheels and suspension. Rub at full lock but I am going to do the washer mod this weekend most likely. Other than that no problems and it makes the jeep look 100x better than the stock wranglers that came on it. It's also a better ride
Zache where did you get the tires and how much I think I'm going to try the 31’s

mobgod 05-01-2012 08:32 AM

Will these work 32" tall. 18" rim. 10.03" wide

mobgod 05-03-2012 10:40 AM

does anyone know if they will work?

Redsand 05-03-2012 10:48 AM

They will prob rub , without a bb

97flexy 05-03-2012 09:25 PM

just get a 1 or 1.25" bl and do some 32s or cut your jeep a bit(its free) and throw on some 33s

ShakaZulu8402 05-03-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDT
I'm runnin 31-10.50-15 completely stock, I only rub a little bit while turning at full flex

X2 when I bought my jeep the po had this set up and it was fine. If left connected it won't rub at all. Disconnected it will for sure.

mobgod 02-07-2014 04:28 AM

anyone suggest a place to get rims and tires going to do the 2in puck lift

chriskelly 02-07-2014 04:40 AM

Are you looking for just steel wheels or alloy? What price range? The tires you can get very cheap at www.tirebuyer.com

The wheels I need a little more information.

mobgod 02-07-2014 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskelly (Post 8057161)
Are you looking for just steel wheels or alloy? What price range? The tires you can get very cheap at www.tirebuyer.com

The wheels I need a little more information.

Looking for all black something like the Mickey's

chriskelly 02-07-2014 05:19 AM

I personally won't buy the MT because they are not made here in the USA. They have been outsourced years ago and are built over seas. American Eagle makes a wheel right here in in the USA. They look very similar they are 30 dollars cheaper. They can be powder coated black with the money you save. How is that for an idea?

mobgod 02-07-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskelly (Post 8057409)
I personally won't buy the MT because they are not made here in the USA. They have been outsourced years ago and are built over seas. American Eagle makes a wheel right here in in the USA. They look very similar they are 30 dollars cheaper. They can be powder coated black with the money you save. How is that for an idea?

OK Chris so what do you suggest I get with some meat I live in the Northeast looking for a combo if I can

OffRoadToad 02-07-2014 02:08 PM

Home - Discount Tire Direct You can play around with wheels/rims all day long. They'll even ship them to you mounted and balanced if you'd like. Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs and BFGoodrich A/T KOs are the two popular tires. But lots of choices from MT to Hankook, to General Grabbers. Better to jump on to the website and see what appeals to you. Then search reviews. MB makes some cheaper alloy wheels.

33x12.5x15 on a 15x8 rim is very popular. BTW TJ's have a 5x4.5(114.3) bolting pattern.

Also 33x10.5x15 or 32x11.5x15. You might rub with only a 2" BB on the 33's so maybe the 32x11.5 would suit you well. You'll most likely be looking for -19 offset (3.75 Backspace) on the rims themselves. This will allow you to go to the 33x12.5 if you lift your rig more in the future.

Note - being from the Northeast, wider tires are worse in snow/ice.

mobgod 02-07-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OffRoadToad (Post 8066465)
Home - Discount Tire Direct You can play around with wheels/rims all day long. They'll even ship them to you mounted and balanced if you'd like. Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs and BFGoodrich A/T KOs are the two popular tires. But lots of choices from MT to Hankook, to General Grabbers. Better to jump on to the website and see what appeals to you. Then search reviews. MB makes some cheaper alloy wheels.

33x12.5x15 on a 15x8 rim is very popular. BTW TJ's have a 5x4.5(114.3) bolting pattern.

Also 33x10.5x15 or 32x11.5x15. You might rub with only a 2" BB on the 33's so maybe the 32x11.5 would suit you well. You'll most likely be looking for -19 offset (3.75 Backspace) on the rims themselves. This will allow you to go to the 33x12.5 if you lift your rig more in the future.

Note - being from the Northeast, wider tires are worse in snow/ice.

ok i'm going to check them out trying to see how i can lift this i was told i can use spacers for a 2in thats all i really want to go right now

OffRoadToad 02-07-2014 03:06 PM

I was just reading your other thread on the lift.

Teraflex 001341200 - TeraFlex 2" Budget Boost Lift Kit without Shocks for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

That is the lift you should buy. Re-uses the stock shocks, which will be good enough for now. Instructions link is on that page if you want to look at them. You should be able to do it in your driveway.

As for the wheels, I suggested the rims with the 3.75 backspacing in case your future wants include wider tires. You are gonna spend 250-450+ on new rims, you might as well get a set that will cover you for pretty much anything you want to do. Tire size is up to you and I'd still recommend the 32x11.5x15 with the Budget Boost I linked above.

Just search the site by sizes- Tires 32 x 11.50 x 15 Wheels(Rims)- 15 x 8 5x114.3(4.5)

2in "lift" with largest recommended tire size for that lift. Cheers!

mobgod 02-13-2014 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OffRoadToad (Post 8067617)
I was just reading your other thread on the lift.

Teraflex 001341200 - TeraFlex 2" Budget Boost Lift Kit without Shocks for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

That is the lift you should buy. Re-uses the stock shocks, which will be good enough for now. Instructions link is on that page if you want to look at them. You should be able to do it in your driveway.

As for the wheels, I suggested the rims with the 3.75 backspacing in case your future wants include wider tires. You are gonna spend 250-450+ on new rims, you might as well get a set that will cover you for pretty much anything you want to do. Tire size is up to you and I'd still recommend the 32x11.5x15 with the Budget Boost I linked above.

Just search the site by sizes- Tires 32 x 11.50 x 15 Wheels(Rims)- 15 x 8 5x114.3(4.5)

2in "lift" with largest recommended tire size for that lift. Cheers!

Thanks looking into the spacers also trying to see what my best bet we'll be

Edit are those the same ones on eBay for 50 bucks??


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.