Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Seat covers (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/seat-covers-157512.html)

Jeepchikki 05-02-2012 08:55 AM

Seat covers
 
Beach season is almost here and I just got my new jeep. (whoo!) Looking at some seat covers because I know the abuse that this vehicle is going to endure. :)

I need something waterproof... Something that will cover the entire seat. I've been scouring and have found a few things on my own... But figured this would be a great forum to post to...

What does everyone else have? Any experience with the neoprene?

Any advice or links will be totally appreciated :)

kbwwolf 05-02-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepchikki (Post 2326575)
Beach season is almost here and I just got my new jeep. (whoo!) Looking at some seat covers because I know the abuse that this vehicle is going to endure. :)

I need something waterproof... Something that will cover the entire seat. I've been scouring and have found a few things on my own... But figured this would be a great forum to post to...

What does everyone else have? Any experience with the neoprene?

Any advice or links will be totally appreciated :)

Some of the neoprene will make you sweat in the summer; and some types fade. I believe daggo66 had a problem with 2 different neoprene seat covers turning colors and fading on him.

I've got the Coverking seat covers, but mine are a breathable spacer mesh...didn't want the swamp ass, as it's called.

IGEES are very popular with some folks. Here's a link to them, and some other brands:

Iggee
Car Cover, Seat Covers, Dash Cover, Floormats, Sunshields - Manufactured by Coverking
Car Seat Covers | Seat Covers | Custom Seat Covers | Truck Seat Covers | Automotive Seat Covers

These are the ones I'm gonna go to next, if/when my Coverkings go down for a dirt nap:

Welcome to Trek Armor

Good thing...there are literally dozens of possibilities. Here are some links to threads (which will probably have numerous links in em):

Wet Okole seat cover question
Trek Armor Seat Covers: Got them!!!
Smittybilt Seat Covers
IGGEE - Durablility Question
Seat cover wear.
Seat Covers side Air Bags

Posts On Percocet 05-02-2012 09:17 AM

I think the stock seats are pretty hard core...given that I'm going to be getting heated seat covers for the winter because I didn't get heated seats in mine.....

4X4RDSTR 05-02-2012 09:21 AM

I hear exactly what you are saying. Being a boater and a beach guy, I needed the same solution. The stock seats as tough as they are will and do stain, making the Jeep look trashy. I bought Wet Okoles. They are 100% waterproof and fully washable. They are pretty pricey and made in Hawaii, but thoroughly waterproof neoprene. I got mine in yellow and black with a dolphin insignia on each seat. (My Wrangler is detonator yellow) I bought the full set for front and back. Here is a link....

Jeep Wrangler Seat Covers - Wet Okole Hawaii
You can also get heated ones for the winter.
OR
Wet Okole Neoprene Jeep Seat Covers - Quadratec

Regarding fading, there is a anti fade treatment spray that works well, that UV treats them against fading. Never had a fade issue, since I place my freedom tops back on when I stop driving for security reasons. Wet Okole sells the UV spray on their site for about $10. Interesting too, I never sweated using them. Of course your mileage may vary. Everyone is different.

The Quadratec link lets you see what different colors would look like in your color vehicle.

Watch out for shipping with Quadratec. It cost me $57 to Long Island NY. Kbwwolf is correct regarding the shipping, although for my future orders I found it easier to using Google Shopping, because it took me too long to get Joe to respond. He must be really busy with requests.

Good Luck.

kbwwolf 05-02-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4X4RDSTR (Post 2326670)
Watch out for shipping with Quadratec. It cost me $57 to Long Island NY.

PM Joe here on the site (name: Quadratec) or order through Google shopping and there are no shipping charges.

4X4RDSTR 05-02-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 2326704)
PM Joe here on the site (name: Quadratec) or order through Google shopping and there are no shipping charges.

I wish I knew that before I ordered. Oh well, I live and learn.

daggo66 05-02-2012 10:20 AM

I have the IGGEE's and am very happy with them so far. My only concern is if they are going to be hot when the sun beats down on them. If they are I am going to add the Jeep towel covers.

Jeepchikki 05-03-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posts On Percocet (Post 2326650)
I think the stock seats are pretty hard core...given that I'm going to be getting heated seat covers for the winter because I didn't get heated seats in mine.....

yeah.. the stock seats are good.. but i remember the jeep my dad had and boy oh boy... the wear on them....

totally going to cover mine. figured that way i may prevent a little damage
:D

Jeepchikki 05-03-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 2326704)
PM Joe here on the site (name: Quadratec) or order through Google shopping and there are no shipping charges.

thanks for the heads up on this.. if i order em i will totally get in touch with the guy! :D

Jeepchikki 05-03-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4X4RDSTR (Post 2326670)
I hear exactly what you are saying. Being a boater and a beach guy, I needed the same solution. The stock seats as tough as they are will and do stain, making the Jeep look trashy. I bought Wet Okoles. They are 100% waterproof and fully washable. They are pretty pricey and made in Hawaii, but thoroughly waterproof neoprene. I got mine in yellow and black with a dolphin insignia on each seat. (My Wrangler is detonator yellow) I bought the full set for front and back. Here is a link....

Jeep Wrangler Seat Covers - Wet Okole Hawaii
You can also get heated ones for the winter.
OR
Wet Okole Neoprene Jeep Seat Covers - Quadratec

Regarding fading, there is a anti fade treatment spray that works well, that UV treats them against fading. Never had a fade issue, since I place my freedom tops back on when I stop driving for security reasons. Wet Okole sells the UV spray on their site for about $10. Interesting too, I never sweated using them. Of course your mileage may vary. Everyone is different.

The Quadratec link lets you see what different colors would look like in your color vehicle.

Watch out for shipping with Quadratec. It cost me $57 to Long Island NY. Kbwwolf is correct regarding the shipping, although for my future orders I found it easier to using Google Shopping, because it took me too long to get Joe to respond. He must be really busy with requests.

Good Luck.


The Okles were the ones i was looking at originally.. there are so many different types but I'll have to decide and buy something this weekend. :)

Jeepchikki 05-03-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbwwolf (Post 2326642)
Some of the neoprene will make you sweat in the summer; and some types fade. I believe daggo66 had a problem with 2 different neoprene seat covers turning colors and fading on him.

I've got the Coverking seat covers, but mine are a breathable spacer mesh...didn't want the swamp ass, as it's called.

IGEES are very popular with some folks. Here's a link to them, and some other brands:

Iggee
Car Cover, Seat Covers, Dash Cover, Floormats, Sunshields - Manufactured by Coverking
Car Seat Covers | Seat Covers | Custom Seat Covers | Truck Seat Covers | Automotive Seat Covers

These are the ones I'm gonna go to next, if/when my Coverkings go down for a dirt nap:

Welcome to Trek Armor

Good thing...there are literally dozens of possibilities. Here are some links to threads (which will probably have numerous links in em):

Wet Okole seat cover question
Trek Armor Seat Covers: Got them!!!
Smittybilt Seat Covers
IGGEE - Durablility Question
Seat cover wear.
Seat Covers side Air Bags

never saw the trek armor... decisions decisions.. thanks for the info on all the covers. much appreciated!

yomondo 05-03-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posts On Percocet (Post 2326650)
I think the stock seats are pretty hard core...given that I'm going to be getting heated seat covers for the winter because I didn't get heated seats in mine.....

You can also add seat heaters to your stock seats. This is what I did.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/war...on-113328.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepchikki (Post 2330334)
yeah.. the stock seats are good.. but i remember the jeep my dad had and boy oh boy... the wear on them....

totally going to cover mine. figured that way i may prevent a little damage
:D

Your 2012 ain't your daddy's Jeep. ;) My '09 is topless and doorless about 8 months out of the year, and has spent a lot of time under the hot Southern California sun over the past 3 years, and the seats are still holding up well so far. They've gotten pretty wet a few times, and damp from morning dew many times, and they dry pretty fast. I've been considering seat covers for a while because as well as they've been holding up, it's only a matter of time before they start to wear under that kind of use. I'd want to get something that breathes really well, as opposed to a waterproof one though, since the seats themselves seem to deal with water okay, and I'm usually in the heat and want to avoid that swamp ass thing that kbwwolf speaks of.

CG3 05-03-2012 08:46 AM

I put on a set of AEV seat covers. They aren't *pretty* - rather utilitarian, but they are so well made (typical AEV) fit well, and the water just beads up. I just rolled into Moab yesterday after about 9 days of camping/working in the back-country (lots of dirt...) and they amazed me how well they just look like new after a quick brush, and damp towel over the seats where my dog jumps in... they are a bit pricey, but built to last, look good, and protect the original seats. Gotta say, I love mine. If you are interested, call Paul:

Paul Kientz
Inside Sales
American Expedition Vehicles
28025 Oakland Oaks
Wixom, MI 48393
Office (248) 926-0256 ext 228

4X4RDSTR 05-03-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepchikki (Post 2330344)
The Okles were the ones i was looking at originally.. there are so many different types but I'll have to decide and buy something this weekend. :)

Being that my Jeep is Detonator Yellow, I got the Wet Okole seats in solar yellow with black sides, NO piping, with a Dolphin insignia. I would have liked the Jeep Insignia but the rights to it, they said, would be so high cost, so the manufacturer does not bother. They looks real nice, and they are very comfortable. They seem to add an additional layer of cushioning for your derriere. Using Quadratec's site you can get a good idea how they will look with your color Jeep which is very helpful. It looks like a lot to de-cyfer through, but really all you need to know is if you have airbags in the seat sides, and do you have height adjustment on the driver's seat. They take like 4 weeks to get because they construct them totally custom. In the long run, the design, fit and finish is superb. Cost was $419 and then you can get free shipping, which I wish I knew then. Hope this helps.

JKatfish 05-03-2012 10:57 AM

I have the Trek Armor, relative unknown on this forum. Couldn't be happier. They are water resistent and have good storage pockets as well as Molle straps on the back, and on the sides of the top and bottom, so its reallyvery versatile too as well as looking good. Made in SoCal and workmanship is excellent. If interested email Mitch in contact. Neoprene was not for me...

JeepHerz 05-03-2012 02:08 PM

For cheapies: the Smittybuilt Neoprene are "buy the front get the rear free" on Quadratech & 4 Wheel online right now. $169 for both. I don't need waterproof- I need dog proof. (aka washable). I don't think the Smittybuilt are waterproof- but the Wet Okoles are.

JeepHerz 05-08-2012 01:30 AM

Update: just got my Smittybuilt. (Quadratech is fast!). Just an FYI: the black & red is more like black & maroon. More of a dark red with a hint of purple. I was expecting more of a "primary" red- you know- red red. Fire engine red. Aftermarket part red. If you have a red Jeep they most likely won't match your paint. (Mine is silver). Sorry- flashing my chick card.
BUT the fit is good and they look good. There is slot on the side for the side air bag - which I don't have. I wish they mentioned that or offered it without. But for $169 for front and rear I am still happy.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.