Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   New York Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f98/)
-   -   Smithtown/Kings Park area (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f98/smithtown-kings-park-area-158247.html)

NY_Joe 05-05-2012 04:41 PM

Smithtown/Kings Park area

Anyone on here from this area on LI?

Commute back and forth to work every day and see a few Wranglers each morning and around the area during the weekend.

Some wave back or flash the lights, others ignore both.

Just checkin in. I drive a '12 Unlimited in Deep Cherry Red.

:wavey:

jkf 05-05-2012 06:58 PM

I'm a new jeep owner from Suffolk, with an occasional commute into Nassau - if you see a flame red '12 Sport with a dive flag spare tire cover, that's probably me:-) I was looking forward to the "jeep wave", but have not experienced much of it so far - it looks like a lot of people are actually putting effort into NOT noticing. Had my first "positive" wave experience on Friday - smiled all the way home:-)

ilikeguns 05-06-2012 08:29 AM

Deer Park here.. 12 black sport

local15Rob 05-06-2012 08:33 AM

Whats up new guys.Just to school you on the wave thing a bit.When JK'S wave i wave back,but it really is a CJ-TJ-YJ thing.Becase even soccer moms are driving JK'S now ,its not personal.But if you wave i wave.Keep it up and you will get plenty of them thrown back at you.:thumb:

jkf 05-06-2012 09:40 AM

So basically, you're saying that I'm not really even qualified to join in the wave since I drive a JK? Sorry, not buying it. I dreamed of having a jeep for years and it just so happened that this was the time in my life when it finally came together. I don't apologize for buying a new one, and I don't consider myself any less of a jeeper. Just took me a while to get here. (Oh, and I'm female too, so that probably means I've got 2 strikes against me in the "authenticity" count. Regardless, I still love my jeep & I smile every time I get behind the wheel - and I'll still wave.)

local15Rob 05-06-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkf (Post 2339771)
So basically, you're saying that I'm not really even qualified to join in the wave since I drive a JK? Sorry, not buying it. I dreamed of having a jeep for years and it just so happened that this was the time in my life when it finally came together. I don't apologize for buying a new one, and I don't consider myself any less of a jeeper. Just took me a while to get here. (Oh, and I'm female too, so that probably means I've got 2 strikes against me in the "authenticity" count. Regardless, I still love my jeep & I smile every time I get behind the wheel - and I'll still wave.)

WoW.I think that you took the post in a hostile way.It was ment to teach about the wave,not tell you that you are not in the club of JEEP owners.Dont be so deffencive -If you love your jeep cool,calm down take it easy.I will be on the look out for a angry woman driving a JK waving her hand . Good luck with that attitude on this forum , nobody will answer your questions if your going to be bitch:flipoff:

NY_Joe 05-06-2012 02:16 PM

Damn, sorry I asked.

I didn't take it in a hostile way like 'jkf' put that is a pretty lame excuse.

They are all Wranglers and are all meant to do the same. Whether its jacked up on a 4" lift and 35's or rolling bone stock, what's the difference?

I'll keep waving and they can think I'm nuts for doing it, wave back and get that silly smile or ignore me b/c I am driving an uncool JK. I'm not a soccer mom but I am a little league dad.

It was like that when I had my one and only BMW 12 years ago. If you had an E46 (2000-2006?) then it wasn't a real BMW b/c everyone was getting them.

Whatevs, first Jeep and pretty happy with it.

Tavella93 05-06-2012 02:19 PM

I live in Suffolk. I have a 2005 2 door X

jkf 05-06-2012 04:32 PM

Sorry for the hostility - I suppose I did strike out a little hastily. I'd just read a few other threads with a number of derisive/divisive comments, and it put me in a bad frame of mind. I should've just shut down the laptop at that point & gone for a drive. (Which I did about an hour later - took a nice, leisurely drive along Ocean Parkway, and it cleared out all my cobwebs.) Anyway, my apologies for my earlier sensitivity...

local15Rob 05-06-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY_Joe (Post 2340450)
Damn, sorry I asked.

I didn't take it in a hostile way like 'jkf' put that is a pretty lame excuse.

They are all Wranglers and are all meant to do the same. Whether its jacked up on a 4" lift and 35's or rolling bone stock, what's the difference?

I'll keep waving and they can think I'm nuts for doing it, wave back and get that silly smile or ignore me b/c I am driving an uncool JK. I'm not a soccer mom but I am a little league dad.

It was like that when I had my one and only BMW 12 years ago. If you had an E46 (2000-2006?) then it wasn't a real BMW b/c everyone was getting them.

Whatevs, first Jeep and pretty happy with it.

if you guys google JEEP WAVE it will explain the wave . It does not matter what jeep you drive(all kick ass) just have fun with it:wavey:
I think that you guys sould read that post again their was zero hostilty their just a explaination.In a nut shell the wave is a respect thing thats all

NY_Joe 05-07-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by local15Rob (Post 2341200)
if you guys google JEEP WAVE it will explain the wave . It does not matter what jeep you drive(all kick ass) just have fun with it:wavey:
I think that you guys sould read that post again their was zero hostilty their just a explaination.In a nut shell the wave is a respect thing thats all

No hostility taken. Found this on urban dictionary. Pretty funny stuff.....

The Rules of the WAVE

Warning
Owning, registering, insuring, or driving a Jeep implies knowledge of and intent to abide by the following rules. Failure to obey the rules may result in your being ignored by other Jeep owners as you sit along the side of the road next to your stalled vehicle in a blizzard surrounded by Saturns, Yugos, and Hyundais.

Definition: The Jeep Wave

An honor bestowed upon those drivers with the superior intelligence, taste, class, and discomfort tolerance (exception to 97 and newer Jeep owners) to own the ultimate vehicle - the Jeep. Generally consists of either a raised hand waving or 4 fingers extended upward from the steering wheel, but may be modified to suit circumstances and locally accepted etiquette.

Examples of commonly accepted modifications:

Top off: One handed wave above windshield or outside body tub.

Top off during blizzard: Shiver and nod, hands may remain frozen to steering wheel.

Southern/rural locations: No wave, just a nod.

General Rules:

1. All Jeepers are responsible for upholding the tradition of the Wave. It seems that generally the Jeep wave is only practiced by Jeep owners driving the following Jeep vehicles; CJ, YJ, TJ, JK.

2. All Jeepers are required to return the Wave even if it's a Grand Cherokee or Compass.

3. Do not EVER wave to Hummers, even if you know the person.
Guy 1 is driving his Jeep and sees another Jeep so he gives the Jeep Wave. Guy 2 waves back.

kurtz265 06-13-2012 01:04 PM

Smithtown checking in here- I wave at all and dont differentiate/segregate/prejudice against other jeeps based on their model or mods.

See ya's around LI!

ps- driving silver 2012 Rubi Unlimited

Rowhock 07-15-2012 01:05 AM

Im living in Lindenhurst now but grew up in happy Hauppauge. I drive a black 2 door 2012 Wrangler Sport hardtop and would always offer a friendly wave to any other Jeeper. My wife drives a 2011 Liberty so I dont discriminate against anyone elses choice in Jeeps.

nmt6789 07-15-2012 05:50 AM

I work in Hauppauge...

rmb 07-15-2012 09:56 AM

Hauppauge/Smithtown in a two day old silver Unlimited Sahara.

JKU-554 07-26-2012 09:16 AM

I own a 2009 Silver JKU, 2.5 lift, 35s, Trek Top & run no spare...with a tailgate plate. I Live & work in Huntington Station. I own Huntington Transmissions & "Jeep" repair.:D You guys need help with anything let me know. Oh, and waiting to see RMBs new ride...going to roost sand all over it.:punk:

JKF, if I see you I promise to throw out a wave.

sledghmer 07-26-2012 06:32 PM

LOVE the wave rules, can't wait to tryi it out!! We need an exhaust before I will be driving our 89 YJ. The fumes are killing me! Trying to get some of you Long Island jeepers to get together on a Sunday morning for a meet and greet. Let's do a diner 8-9 AM. Let's get something started!!!!

rmb 07-28-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKU-554
I own a 2009 Silver JKU, 2.5 lift, 35s, Trek Top & run no spare...with a tailgate plate. I Live & work in Huntington Station. I own Huntington Transmissions & "Jeep" repair.:D You guys need help with anything let me know. Oh, and waiting to see RMBs new ride...going to roost sand all over it.:punk:

JKF, if I see you I promise to throw out a wave.

You will get an up close view when I stop by your shop to put some wheels and tires on it.. You seem to be hooking up lots of jeeps and I'm still on stockers.

JKU-554 07-28-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmb (Post 2630173)
You will get an up close view when I stop by your shop to put some wheels and tires on it.. You seem to be hooking up lots of jeeps and I'm still on stockers.

You just need to pull the trigger:thumb: Check out the Nitto Trail Grapplers...sick tire!

sledghmer 07-29-2012 07:12 AM

Actually sitting at the paradise diner in hauppauge waiting to see if anyone shows up. Forgot to post it on this thread. We are in a silver dodge ram if anyone is local and wants to swing by. Will try again next Sunday morning!

FrankP93 08-04-2012 10:01 AM

Drive from port jeff into hauppauge almost everyday for work in a 2001 Wrangler TJ, more than happy to throw some waves at fellow jeepers :p

sledghmer 08-04-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankP93 (Post 2652561)
Drive from port jeff into hauppauge almost everyday for work in a 2001 Wrangler TJ, more than happy to throw some waves at fellow jeepers :p

I go from Kings Park to Port Jeff every morning! I got one wave the other day, made my day!

Having a block party in Kings Park today if anyone wants to pass by! Send me a PM and I will send the address.

NY_Joe 08-05-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sledghmer (Post 2652664)
I go from Kings Park to Port Jeff every morning! I got one wave the other day, made my day!

Having a block party in Kings Park today if anyone wants to pass by! Send me a PM and I will send the address.

Was it in the Jeep in your avatar? I go to work in Kings Park via Landing Ave. I'll keep an eye out.

I wave to any Jeep. THe women usually just stare at me but most of the guys will wave back.

sledghmer 08-05-2012 07:40 PM

Thats how I go to Port Jeff, Landing to Edgewood to Woodlawn. And by the way I am a woman and I waved at every Jeep I saw Friday!! My boyfriend usually drives it but I wanted to try her out. Once we get the gas smell figured out I may drive her a little more. White YJ, chrome front, soft top and KC fog lights with big 'ole smiley faces.

ilikeguns 08-06-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY_Joe (Post 2654664)
Was it in the Jeep in your avatar? I go to work in Kings Park via Landing Ave. I'll keep an eye out.

I wave to any Jeep. THe women usually just stare at me but most of the guys will wave back.

I gave up waving to non-wranglers/cjs. The wife has been instructed that when driving the jeep, she MUST wave..

sledghmer 08-07-2012 06:27 PM

Help!!!!! anyone near Kings Park that could help out with a vapor canister. We can't get the lines hooked back up without seeing what goes where, its an 89 Wrangler. Just need to take a look at an older engine.

ilikeguns 08-07-2012 08:36 PM

wish i could help.... mine is a jk which wont be of much use

sledghmer 08-08-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeguns (Post 2663155)
wish i could help.... mine is a jk which wont be of much use

Thanks anyway ilikeguns,

hoping to get some help today or tomorrow. Glad to see that when the jeeps are down the troops come out with offers of help.

Anyone going to the swap meet this weekend out at the airport?

NY_Joe 08-08-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sledghmer (Post 2664343)
Thanks anyway ilikeguns,

hoping to get some help today or tomorrow. Glad to see that when the jeeps are down the troops come out with offers of help.

Anyone going to the swap meet this weekend out at the airport?

Same here as ilikeguns. '12 JKU

What swap meet? MOr einfo?

sledghmer 08-08-2012 08:17 AM

SUN AUGUST 12th / MacArthur Airport, Ronkonkoma

AUGUST 18th & 19th / Belmont Racetrack, Elmont

SUN SEPT 16th / Flowerfield Fairground, St James

SUN OCT 7th / MacArthur Airport, Ronkonkoma

SUN OCT 21st / Flowerfield Fairground, St James

NOV 3rd & 4th / Belmont Racetrack, Elmont

http://longislandcars.com/site/Show_...apeimage_2.png
http://www.wranglerforum.com/Show_Da...les/stroke.pnghttp://www.wranglerforum.com/Show_Da...s/stroke_1.pnghttp://www.wranglerforum.com/Show_Da...s/stroke_2.pnghttp://www.wranglerforum.com/Show_Da...s/stroke_3.pnghttp://www.wranglerforum.com/Show_Da...s/stroke_4.pnghttp://www.wranglerforum.com/Show_Da...s/stroke_5.pnghttp://www.wranglerforum.com/Show_Da...s/stroke_6.pnghttp://www.wranglerforum.com/Show_Da...s/stroke_7.png
http://longislandcars.com/site/Show_...apeimage_3.png