Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Best Shocks for Heavy Rubicon (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/best-shocks-for-heavy-rubicon-158500.html)

Socc3rakd25 05-06-2012 09:37 PM

Best Shocks for Heavy Rubicon

Have a 2011 COD Wrangler. My curent shocks are shit and have essentially become worn down from the weight put on them. I have a very heavy front bumper and winch, along with some heavy rock rails and tires to match. Would like to know what everyone thinks the best shocks would be. not to worried about the "on the road" ride as long as its not ridiculously bad. been looking at OMEs, FOXs, and the Bilsteins.

HK_Runner 05-06-2012 09:41 PM

I'd think the Fox with remote res or Kings would be fantastic.

Socc3rakd25 05-06-2012 09:43 PM

have a 4" lift and my current shocks are pro comp if that helps

rics1997 05-06-2012 09:43 PM

I have the BDS Fox 2.0 gas shocks (Fox makes them for BDS and Teraflex). I went with them because they are a lot beefier then the others you listed. Never thought about it until I seen them side by side. Blisteins look like toothpicks to a pencil sitting side by side, well maybe not that dramatic more like a Bic to a Sharpie. Many of my off road friends that do competition events use the Fox and highly recommended them so they swayed me to them. I really like mine but people love their Blisten and OME too so I would say they all are good shocks and whoever owns each will say they are great. If I had to narrow it to three, it would be your list.

JIMBOX 05-06-2012 09:48 PM

:whistling: Your JKU probably isn't as heavy as my JKUR (5200lbs) and my RS9000XL adj shocks have been PRIMO, for over 2 years-

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socc3rakd25 (Post 2341894)
Have a 2011 COD Wrangler. My curent shocks are shit and have essentially become worn down from the weight put on them. I have a very heavy front bumper and winch, along with some heavy rock rails and tires to match. Would like to know what everyone thinks the best shocks would be. not to worried about the "on the road" ride as long as its not ridiculously bad. been looking at OMEs, FOXs, and the Bilsteins.

You set it and forgetit---

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

LittleRedJK 05-06-2012 09:56 PM

I love my Teraflex Elkas, worth very cent and then some.

blackforestgreen 05-06-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMBOX (Post 2341931)
:whistling: Your JKU probably isn't as heavy as my JKUR (5200lbs) and my RS9000XL adj shocks have been PRIMO, for over 2 years-

You set it and forgetit---

jimbox: that would be rancho shocks?

Socc3rakd25 05-06-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rics1997 (Post 2341919)
I have the BDS Fox 2.0 gas shocks (Fox makes them for BDS and Teraflex). I went with them because they are a lot beefier then the others you listed. Never thought about it until I seen them side by side. Blisteins look like toothpicks to a pencil sitting side by side, well maybe not that dramatic more like a Bic to a Sharpie. Many of my off road friends that do competition events use the Fox and highly recommended them so they swayed me to them. I really like mine but people love their Blisten and OME too so I would say they all are good shocks and whoever owns each will say they are great. If I had to narrow it to three, it would be your list.

When you say that Fox make them for BDS and Teraflex are you saying these won't work with my Pro Comp suspension? you lost me on that part

JIMBOX 05-06-2012 10:32 PM

:D--YUP ![

QUOTE=blackforestgreen;2342039]jimbox: that would be rancho shocks?[/QUOTE]

rics1997 05-06-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socc3rakd25 (Post 2342089)
When you say that Fox make them for BDS and Teraflex are you saying these won't work with my Pro Comp suspension? you lost me on that part

No, not saying that. Just that you will here people say they have Teraflex Fox 2.0 or like me BDS Fox 2.0 shocks or just plain ole Fox 2.0 performance shocks. Just saying they are the same shock. Any one of them will work no matter what lift you have or even if stock. They just have that extra name that means nothing other then BDS or Teraflex usually handles the warranty if they sell them. Just have to make sure as with any shock, you order the right size for the size lift you have.

I have BDS Fox 2.0 because that is what my off road shop carried. But have a Teraflex leaving kit lift on OEM 19/60 coils.

Socc3rakd25 05-06-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rics1997 (Post 2342119)
No, not saying that. Just that you will here people say they have Teraflex Fox 2.0 or like me BDS Fox 2.0 shocks or just plain ole Fox 2.0 performance shocks. Just saying they are the same shock. Any one of them will work no matter what lift you have or even if stock. They just have that extra name that means nothing other then BDS or Teraflex usually handles the warranty if they sell them. Just have to make sure as with any shock, you order the right size for the size lift you have.

I have BDS Fox 2.0 because that is what my off road shop carried. But have a Teraflex leaving kit lift on OEM 19/60 coils.

Alright i gotcha. highly considering the Fox 2.0s for a 4-6 inch lift. figure with all that weight and the possibility of adding an inch or 2 of lift in the future its prob safer to go with the 4-6 inch kit than the 2-4 inch one.

Socc3rakd25 07-23-2012 12:01 AM

Fox 2.0s with reservoir installed on front and back. check out the profile for pictures

Aftahour 07-23-2012 12:10 AM

if you got the money kings are the way with res.