Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   No Fog (Possibly No Winch Mount) Front JK Bumper (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/no-fog-possibly-no-winch-mount-front-jk-bumper-158752.html)

jkjaredlee 05-07-2012 10:07 PM

No Fog (Possibly No Winch Mount) Front JK Bumper

Hello Everyone,

I'm sure this could be considered sacrilege to some, but I'm looking for an eye-catching front bumper for my 2007 Jeep Wrangler X that does not include embedded fog light holes and looks good without a winch. I love my Jeep, but I'm not exactly the hugest off-road enthusiast, so I could just as easily go without a winch. However most front bumpers that I've searched for (and believe me - I've searched) look unattractive without a winch and include cut-outs for fog lights. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Flyrod 05-07-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkjaredlee (Post 2345618)
Hello Everyone,

I'm sure this could be considered sacrilege to some, but I'm looking for an eye-catching front bumper for my 2007 Jeep Wrangler X that does not include embedded fog light holes and looks good without a winch. I love my Jeep, but I'm not exactly the hugest off-road enthusiast, so I could just as easily go without a winch. However most front bumpers that I've searched for (and believe me - I've searched) look unattractive without a winch and include cut-outs for fog lights. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Maybe check out a tube-type bumper. They look pretty good without lights or a winch.

jkjaredlee 05-07-2012 10:42 PM

Thanks for the response. I've looked into tube style bumpers but I haven't been a fan of any so far. I'm leaning towards the SB XRC M.O.D. with mid-length bumpers, but I'd like to see a user pic from someone with the same set up first.

Vin 05-07-2012 10:47 PM

Are you looking for a full length, mid width or stubby?

Mopar makes a nice full length bumper.

71K5 05-07-2012 11:29 PM

Try this bumper. It is the one made for Mopar as the Offroad bumper. It does not have the fogs and can mount a winch. You can also get the rear bumper with it as a combo for $800 w/ free shipping. I paid $1500 for the both Mopar versions with tire carrier and winch mount. See pics in my Profile and Gallery.
I have the Mopar version with fogs. I also have the rear bumper with tire carrier.
Great bumpers. Solid and install without any drilling.
You can also cover($50 from Mopar) the winch mount hole until you mount a winch. See my winch cover on my bumper pics.

American Four Wheeler Jeep Parts & Accessories

appleman46 05-08-2012 12:12 AM

check out Welcome to ACE Engineering - Jeep Rock Rails, Stubby Bumpers, Tubular Fenders & Aftermarket Parts

they have a stubby and a mid that you can get without fog lights

rand4x4 05-08-2012 07:48 AM

Same boat here, bought used Mopar bumpers with winch. Now there is no where to put fog lights. I will most likly make housing and put by frame area.