Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Inland Empire Jeep club? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/inland-empire-jeep-club-159202.html)

00JeepTJ 05-09-2012 07:33 PM

Inland Empire Jeep club?
 
Hey everyone im looking to see if there is a jeep club in the inland empire and if there isn't then i would like to start one up.

If ur in the inland empire and want to make a club with me let me know.

slazyks 05-09-2012 08:37 PM

Will there be BBQ and drinking involved? If yes count me in.

00JeepTJ 05-09-2012 10:10 PM

well im 17 so... im cool with the BBQ but lil under age for drinking.... but if u wanna bring ur own drinks tht would be chill.

I H8RDS 05-09-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slazyks (Post 2352433)
Will there be BBQ and drinking involved? If yes count me in.

Bring em' here to the beach..I'll partake in some adult beverages :rofl:

00JeepTJ 05-09-2012 10:43 PM

im looking to making something a lil more local lik a meet and greet, plus hit up some local trails :)

RadarRob2012 05-09-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS

Bring em' here to the beach..I'll partake in some adult beverages :rofl:

You come to the I.E. Lorie, I'll bring the Martinis. Now that I know how you like them. Dry with extra Olives, right? Lol.

I H8RDS 05-09-2012 10:46 PM

I was joking! :rolleyes: :p

00JeepTJ 05-09-2012 10:50 PM

lol but i really dont wanna drive more than a hour to go to a jeep meet and greet..... i get crummy mph...

RadarRob2012 05-09-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS
I was joking! :rolleyes: :p

Not me. Lol. You're always welcome in my Empire. Was I right about the Martinis?

RadarRob2012 05-09-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00JeepTJ
lol but i really dont wanna drive more than a hour to go to a jeep meet and greet..... i get crummy mph...

I think you meant mpg, and nobody buys a Wrangler for fuel economy. Some people drive three and four hours to hang with other Jeepers. Are you a wheeler? Or an owner? Lol.

00JeepTJ 05-09-2012 11:01 PM

Log In | Facebook

I H8RDS 05-09-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 (Post 2352969)
Not me. Lol. You're always welcome in my Empire. Was I right about the Martinis?

exactly! Yum-0!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 (Post 2352987)
I think you meant mpg, and nobody buys a Wrangler for fuel economy. Some people drive three and four hours to hang with other Jeepers. Are you a wheeler? Or an owner? Lol.

Be Nice Rob!

suicideking 05-09-2012 11:04 PM

There is the IE 4 wheelers club:

Inland Empire 4 Wheelrs

They host the Forest Fest next month.

The way I see it, this website is essentially a club. There are runs pretty much every weekend. Meet ups every few months, etc. Plus, you're already a member. :D

00JeepTJ 05-09-2012 11:05 PM

still working on it......

00JeepTJ 05-09-2012 11:06 PM

yea srry little bit dislexic..... my bad lol

RadarRob2012 05-09-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS

exactly! Yum-0!!

Be Nice Rob!

Not trying to be mean. Just asking. I mean really? Do you wave? We do.

00JeepTJ 05-09-2012 11:12 PM

x cuze me but hell yea i rock tht wave lol

RadarRob2012 05-09-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00JeepTJ
x cuze me but hell yea i rock tht wave lol

Then you're off to an awesome start. And welcome to a whole new lifestyle. You Rock!!!

00JeepTJ 05-09-2012 11:40 PM

Lol if u got a cb then u should go tobir local radio shack and get the 102" cb intenna lol there pretty cool

Tomb Raider 05-13-2012 12:07 AM

Where in inland empire are you?

JeepHerz 05-14-2012 01:27 PM

Hey IE'rs-
If anyone wants a quick/easy trail run: we hit Skyline drive in Corona this weekend. Its off Foothill Parkway. There is a locked gate- but on the weekends someone is always coming or going so its usually open. You do take a chance though- you might be sitting and waiting for a bit if someone closes it. Just drive thru the gate and down the road- the trail starts on your right. There is also a hiking trail (only) that comes off the same spot. There is a nice waterfall an easy 2 miles or so in if you want to hoof it.
There are a few gnarly off-shoots on Skyline but nothing really hard core. Its mostly fire road. But if you're short on time its a good place to play in the dirt and there are some great views. There are a lot of hikers and mountain bikers so share the (dirt) road.

RadarRob2012 05-14-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepHerz
Hey IE'rs-
If anyone wants a quick/easy trail run: we hit Skyline drive in Corona this weekend. Its off Foothill Parkway. There is a locked gate- but on the weekends someone is always coming or going so its usually open. You do take a chance though- you might be sitting and waiting for a bit if someone closes it. Just drive thru the gate and down the road- the trail starts on your right. There is also a hiking trail (only) that comes off the same spot. There is a nice waterfall an easy 2 miles or so in if you want to hoof it.
There are a few gnarly off-shoots on Skyline but nothing really hard core. Its mostly fire road. But if you're short on time its a good place to play in the dirt and there are some great views. There are a lot of hikers and mountain bikers so share the (dirt) road.

Careful. You could get locked in for the night as well. Lol.

suicideking 05-14-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 (Post 2367220)
Careful. You could get locked in for the night as well. Lol.

That's what I thought of. I would try to check with whoever unlocks it (county, city). Make sure you're allowed and what time they lock it, etc.

Or make sure to bring a set of bolt cutters and maybe a hack saw... :whistling:

slazyks 05-14-2012 03:39 PM

Just go to the forest station and they will give you the key. I believe it's off sixth street in corona

RadarRob2012 05-14-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slazyks
Just go to the forest station and they will give you the key. I believe it's off sixth street in corona

I looked into it. You go to the county admin building in downtown Riverside, and give them a $100.00 deposit for a one year loan of the key. No thanks. Too many open trails in Cali to have to pay to wheel.

suicideking 05-14-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadarRob2012

I looked into it. You go to the county admin building in downtown Riverside, and give them a $100.00 deposit for a one year loan of the key. No thanks. Too many open trails in Cali to have to pay to wheel.

Prob worth it if you live around there. Get 3 friends to chip in or something.

Corona is about the same distance as Cleghorn (and a few others) to me. I'd be interested in checking it out though if someone gets the key.

RadarRob2012 05-14-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking

Prob worth it if you live around there. Get 3 friends to chip in or something.

Corona is about the same distance as Cleghorn (and a few others) to me. I'd be interested in checking it out though if someone gets the key.

I'm more of a Desert Rat myself. Although I love the tall pines in Big Bear as well. I'll drive for hours to wheel, and there's enough local free trails to not be bothered with a key. Just saying. Bee Canyon/Pine Cove Road to Idyllwild is pretty enough for a day run. And lots of side shoots.

suicideking 05-14-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 (Post 2367702)
I'm more of a Desert Rat myself. Although I love the tall pines in Big Bear as well. I'll drive for hours to wheel, and there's enough local free trails to not be bothered with a key. Just saying. Bee Canyon/Pine Cove Road to Idyllwild is pretty enough for a day run. And lots of side shoots.

My gas money comes directly out of my limited mod money, so close is always better for me.

There's also a fire road called Morton Peak that starts in Mentone. Leads to Thomas hunting grounds. Nice scenic drive, never locked as far as I know. That was my first 'off pavement' adventure when I had about 100 miles on my Jeep. I still want to do that one again sometime because my wife got freaked out in a steep area and made me turn around and head back.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/mor...ak-120197.html

I'm real close to Reche Canyon too. I've been meaning to check it out. Not quite sure where to enter though.

JeepHerz 05-14-2012 04:43 PM

FYI: I do hike this trail almost every weekend. I've only ever seen the gate closed (with someone on the wrong side) once. I don't count the guy with the motorcyle who had to lift it over. I don't think you'd have to wait more than a half hour before someone comes along with a key.
I plan on picking up a key- I'll post when I do. I live in Corona so I want the convenience. Nice for those days when I sleep in and lose precious Jeep time. Now that I can hike and Jeep...sweet!

turdhurdler 05-14-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicideking

My gas money comes directly out of my limited mod money, so close is always better for me.

There's also a fire road called Morton Peak that starts in Mentone. Leads to Thomas hunting grounds. Nice scenic drive, never locked as far as I know. That was my first 'off pavement' adventure when I had about 100 miles on my Jeep. I still want to do that one again sometime because my wife got freaked out in a steep area and made me turn around and head back.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/mor...ak-120197.html

I'm real close to Reche Canyon too. I've been meaning to check it out. Not quite sure where to enter though.

Careful in the Reche Canyon area. Mostly private land. But if you know someone that can give permission, let me know and I will join ya. Haha

Jeff


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 AM.