Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   4WP's winner (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/4wps-winner-16005.html)

4point 02-24-2008 06:46 PM

4WP's winner

This is pretty cool, at least for the person who won. I thought some would like to see it.
http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10082

AzTJ 02-24-2008 06:54 PM

Yeah thats pretty sweet - although I think the suspension she had before was better. lol

orange05tj 02-24-2008 07:04 PM

I think it looked better before.

Smeghead 02-24-2008 07:25 PM

That ugly green snot thing won?

orange05tj 02-24-2008 07:29 PM

After seeing all the posts, she entered it when they were looking for a stocker. She had a long arm on it already. She deserves them busted ass flowers on there.

tiny terror 02-24-2008 07:40 PM

Well, aren't you two being a pair of major DICKS. Grow up.

Pointy, I, for one, am happy for her. I've wheeled with her and she couldn't be nicer and deserved it more.

orange05tj 02-24-2008 07:45 PM

Yeah, well it says they would prefer STOCK. She had more into that Jeep then 90% of the Jeeps out there. I never said anything about her personality. It would have been nicer to see someone who couldn't afford to hook their Jeep up like that Jeep already was win.

tiny terror 02-24-2008 07:46 PM

Sour grapes.

4point 02-24-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 197802)
Well, aren't you two being a pair of major DICKS. Grow up.

Pointy, I, for one, am happy for her. I've wheeled with her and she couldn't be nicer and deserved it more.

T, I didn't respond to the replies because my knee-jerk reflex is never very nice. "Dicks" is only a good place to start.

tiny terror 02-24-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4point (Post 197811)
T, I didn't respond to the replies because my knee-jerk reflex is never very nice. "Dicks" is only a good place to start.

No worries, I rarely keep my mouth shut.

I didn't know about the contest, I'd have loved to enter. I'm glad to see Julie win. Her and I wheeled BigBear together this past summer (along with about 16 other people :D). I'm sure they knew she wasn't stock when they chose her, so it's their deal. Not like she stripped the jeep, so I'm not sure why all the negativity other than jealousy.

Other than that... hell yes, good for her. Can't wait to see it in person.

4point 02-24-2008 08:03 PM

Yeah, OX's :eek: front and rear. She'll be hard to keep up with.

Smeghead 02-24-2008 08:25 PM

I think its ugly, this is a forum, thats my opinion.
Congrats to her! Well done! woohoo
But i think its looks ugly

tiny terror 02-24-2008 08:37 PM

Yes, it is a forum and it's amazing how people have such huge balls when they can hide on said forum. Good on you for stating your opinion so bluntly. Now I will state mine. Sour grapes. Thanks for playing.

bpowa 02-24-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange05tj (Post 197807)
Yeah, well it says they would prefer STOCK. She had more into that Jeep then 90% of the Jeeps out there. I never said anything about her personality. It would have been nicer to see someone who couldn't afford to hook their Jeep up like that Jeep already was win.

x2, i dont have much on my jeep, but at least it has a lift and is clean. I feel I dont even deserve it..

it would have been nice to see a 4 banger with trashed shell, to win it.

hers had a "STOCK" re long arm and wheels on it already.:doh::rolleyes:

Smeghead 02-24-2008 09:08 PM

Sour grapes??? I didnt enter the competition.
Ill pm you my phone number if you want me to tell you what I think of it in person. Not being in the same room as everyone else, this forum is all I can do its hardly hiding is it? What other choice do I do wait for a WranglerForum meet to say it? Are we not allowed to say what we think unless its something nice?

MR.CLIFFORD 02-24-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smeghead (Post 197859)
Sour grapes??? I didnt enter the competition.
Ill pm you my phone number if you want me to tell you what I think of it in person. Not being in the same room as everyone else, this forum is all I can do its hardly hiding is it? What other choice do I do wait for a WranglerForum meet to say it? Are we not allowed to say what we think unless its something nice?

you are not the first person to be in these shoes in this exact situation. :wavey:

Walkeraviator 02-24-2008 09:17 PM

Dude why cant they do shows like that for people who dont live in CA? I have a stocker.. i would be happy to drive it to Cali for free parts...hehe

4point 02-24-2008 09:35 PM

You know, the lady won a contest. Thats it! The graphic on the side of the jeep would have been different if a man had won. The color of the jeep is OK by me. All she had before the contest was the LA kit and tires other than that it was stock.

So for you that have posted negatively, go buy a bottle of cheap whiskey, climb in your POS and cry to some one else.

MR.CLIFFORD 02-24-2008 09:37 PM

I never buy cheap whiskey. Ever. That being said... I'm always up for free stuff. The old stuff coming off usually fetches a fair price too. :D

Scout 02-24-2008 09:38 PM

I wonder if they gave her old stuff back to her? I didn't read the whole thread.

MR.CLIFFORD 02-24-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scout (Post 197894)
I wonder if they gave her old stuff back to her? I didn't read the whole thread.

In theory, they should have. It was her property. Unless she signed some form of waiver. The RE long arm kit is spensive and a very decent kit. Anytime you cut off control arm brackets for a new suspension system means you are dedicated.

4point 02-24-2008 09:40 PM

I do believe she's selling her old stuff. She'll probably need it to pay the taxes on her winnings.

MR.CLIFFORD 02-24-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4point (Post 197897)
I do believe she's selling her old stuff. She'll probably need it to pay the taxes on her winnings.

I read the whole jeep to be for sale. Seems a bit arrogant to me.

Scout 02-24-2008 09:42 PM

That's cool. A used RE LA kit will still fetch a pretty good dime. 4Point maybe you should send her a PM. :D

Scout 02-24-2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD (Post 197900)
I read the whole jeep to be for sale. Seems a bit arrogant to me.

She's selling the Jeep? Where does it say that in the thread? :zap:

sgnellett 02-24-2008 09:46 PM

Man, that looks pretty cool, especially for the price! I think I'd hafta pass on the orange Line-X, and the graphix, but that sounds like quite a well built rig otherwise!

sgnellett 02-24-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scout (Post 197904)

I read it to mean she planned to sell off some of the old parts, some of which were new enough she was still paying for them on CC's, and she also had the foresight to know she's gonna get a BIG 1099 for tax time, and she did say she gets her old stuff back. I skipped a few of the early posts, but I never saw anything to indicate she was planning to sell the Jeep, just the old parts.

MR.CLIFFORD 02-24-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scout (Post 197904)

Nope. Just the parts. That's what I get for skimming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by desert jewel from that other board
Funny you should ask...I don't know how many people have been telling me they have dibs on this part or dibs on that part. I get everything back they take off. Depending on what they do, I might just have enough parts to build me up another TJ For now I can't say for sure what I will be doing with the parts I get back, but there is a possibility of Desert Jewel parts being up for sale.

Scout 02-24-2008 09:55 PM

Ahhh thanks. I didn't want to read that whole thread. :D

4point 02-24-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scout (Post 197935)
Ahhh thanks. I didn't want to read that whole thread. :D

I did............. :rofl:

I didn't think I read that any where.