Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Tires & Wheels (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/)
-   -   Wheel and Tire Question (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/wheel-and-tire-question-161098.html)

tcrawford 05-18-2012 04:39 PM

Wheel and Tire Question

Currently have 5 33" BFG All terrains(4 need to be replaced badly, spare has never seen pavement but was bought at time the other 4 were purchased 6 years ago) on 15" American racing ugly chrome wheels. My question is: Do I really want to pony up the dough for 5 new BFG Mud terrains(which I really like) or just stick with the All terrains and utilize the spare in the mix. Also, I want some sort of black rims to go along with the new tires. Havent ran across any rim I particulalry love. Any suggestions on that front?

banks316 05-18-2012 05:52 PM

Why not get the 4 KM2s and keep the ATas a spare?

HK_Runner 05-18-2012 06:16 PM

Do you go off-road a lot? If so just spring for the 5 KM2s. If not, get the ATs, though I have not hear of the ATs lasting as long. SO maybe just do the KM2s. Black rims- so many options. Just go to tirerack.com and check out all the rim options. My favorites are Black Rock, Black Rhino, Rugged Ridge, and two others I forget the names of.

JYJeep 05-18-2012 06:56 PM

Sounds like you have a great 'spare' choose 4 tires you want to wheel on. If you can't fix a primary, the AT should still get you back to the BBQ

tcrawford 05-18-2012 09:10 PM

Thank yall for the responses. I thought about doing 4 KM2s and leaving the AT as the spare. Just thought it would look goofy maybe. I'll have to check those time out on tire rack

tcrawford 05-18-2012 11:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Opinions on these?

SurfKaster 05-19-2012 12:02 AM

I was leaning heavy toward a set of TKOs, but found an almost new set of KM2s with rims for 700. My biggest complaint at 1st was the noise level, but it's tamed down a bit & I've grown to like it. I picked up a matching 5th rim today & will get the 5th tire Monday. Personally, I most likely would not have picked the rims they came with, but I appreciate it's not what everyone & their mother has.

The above rim is not bad, but at the same time it's the current Jeep flavor. I was all on board with black on black, but I've since grown weary. Now I just want something different, but that's just my 2cents.

SurfKaster 05-19-2012 12:06 AM

Also, I suggest either getting 4 TKOs & rotate out your 5th, or buy a new set of 5 & do the same. No sense in wasting your spare. I was at 4wd today & we all three white Jeeps were parked next to each other. I didn't have a spare, but the other two were running a set of bigger tires with the original 30" GS-A on back. Their Jeeps were lifted, but they looked kinda silly with a donut on the back. Then again, that just my 2 cents

banks316 05-19-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcrawford (Post 2383136)
Opinions on these?

Those look, a buddy of mine has them on his JK with 40's wrapped around them.

Tippittrg 05-21-2012 09:01 PM

I like black because it's lower maintenance than chrome or polished metal. Just got the TKOs on my JK and live the look.