Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

heat???

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  spanky 
#1 ·
this is my first jeep and i always here everyone say that jeeps have good heat mine dont for like a good half hour and then its not even that hot
any ideas or is that normal

#3 ·
It can take quite a while to warm up but it should get very warm once it does.
Mine takes nearly 20 minutes.
What temp does your gauge show when driving normally?

#6 ·
I have a 97 and if the temp is below 35 the heater sucks. Anything above it works fine. not sure what your prob is but I think I have a stop leak build-up in the heater core, it had it in it when I bought it. You could have a stopped up heater core or a bad t-stat.

#7 ·
which setting are you putting your heater on? My heater used to blow cold for long when i set it on the first 3 left settings. I used to put it mainly on the setting for both feet and head but it was cold for like 20 minutes.. try the right ones specifically the ones that blows only through the upper vents, the one that blows for your upper body not the window.

#8 ·
This may be completely unrelated but low coolant levels can cause the heater to act up, an air pocket or bubble can get caught up in the heater core and not work. You really should check the blend doors to make sure they are actuating. I dont have the links memorized but search Stu off road and 4x4xplorer for some write ups.

#9 ·
If it takes a long time for the engine to reach operating temp I would suggest the thermostat may be stuck open or partially open. All 4 of my jeeps, all 97's and 98 take no more than 8 minutes of driving to reach operating temp. If it's taking like 20 you have a problem and it's probably the thermostat. Thats two bolts, new thermostat, new gasket and about 20 minutes to fix. Make sure you get the thermostat with the bleed hole and put that hole at 12 O clock when you install it. I've had alot less problems just getting the tstat and gasket from the dealer, they fit and work right, I've had aftermarket gaskets leak or not seal correctly, even the felpro ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.