Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Canada Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f119/)
-   -   sound bar problems (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f119/sound-bar-problems-162613.html)

go jeeping 05-26-2012 08:07 AM

sound bar problems

hey! there im having problems with the left side speaker in my soound bar. i hardly have any sound coming out. i took the speaker out and tried it in the right side. both speakers work fine. when i was putting the speaker back in i accidentally touch the metal with the speaker and it started to work. any idea why?

oh! and i was wondering if anyone is from the north bay area on here?

go jeeping 05-28-2012 08:05 AM

i found my problem with my speaker turns out it ws a loose wiring harness.
btw i'm new to this forum and dont know if i'm asking my questions in the right place? no one seems to be answering my questions .if i'm not can someone guide me in the right direction please thanks.

PAPADOC 06-01-2012 05:19 PM

Glad you found the issue :) I would suggest upgrading the stock speakers anyways...the paper cone crap isn't what you want if you have a open top get wet at any time vehicle. I actually upgraded mine but made an ebay mistake and bought too small...which worked out fine in the end because I just cut the cone and housing from the back of the stock speaker and installed the other right in the dismantled speaker bracket...it was genius!! They were just a pair of 2 way Blauplunkt but the difference is huge. I don't have to keep my bass on 2 anymore...it thumps nicely on 8. Now if I could just figure out how to take the stock deck out I would be happy with all the audio. Cheers...I'm a noob too...from southwestern Ontario though. Jealous of where you are and the trails that must be close by. Can't say I love the bird size mosquito's though lol

ednayn 06-02-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAPADOC
Now if I could just figure out how to take the stock deck out I would be happy with all the audio.

You mean you want to change the original radio? It's EZ on a TJ. Pop the windshield defrost grill off with a putty knife or any blade. Take out the ash tray. One screw behind the ash tray and two screws on top of the dash. Then pull the entire black face piece off (it has clips too). The radio just has two 3/8 lag bolts on the front and maybe a bracket in the back. Plenty of adapter kits for new decks.

ednayn 06-02-2012 05:57 AM

^^^ My bad. I see you have a JK. Sorry.

go jeeping 06-02-2012 03:51 PM

thanks! it took me a while to figure it out. you don't want to know what trouble i went through to figure it out. put it this way i can dismantle the dash pull the radio out in my sleep lol. it's kind of funny cause i was giving up on it. when i was putting it all back together i had left the radio on and was listen to some toons. as i was installing the radio back in its place all the speakers stopped working and when i pulled it out they started working again. if i haddent left the radio on i probably would still have no sound and never found that loose connection. ya i live in the outskirts of the city in a little town in the country and we have lots of trails but there starting to get boring cause i lived here all my life and no them very well. would be nice to meet other local jeepers and go somewhere differant but seams like im the only one around here lol. in the process of looking at speakers right now and can't belive they want that much for 4x6 speakers its crazy.im also cheap so that dont help lol. i bought the jeep used and it has an alpine system and the 2 ront speakers are blown to crap. the one speaker is ripped almost all the way around so i think its time to change them up. what would you recommend? i have a kenwood deck that i love thnking of putting a small amp too. i cant put anything to big i have 4 kids and as soon as i want to go somewhere they want to follow so i need all the room for the kids. im very limited for room to improve unless there something out there thats small and put out alot of noise. if you have any idea what i can put it there that would do that please let me know.