Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   I know I know....grill insert again? This one is special! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/i-know-i-know-grill-insert-again-this-one-is-special-162737.html)

carguyco 05-26-2012 08:34 PM

I know I know....grill insert again? This one is special!

Special because my daughter helped me! As some of you know..I bought the jeep for us because she expressed an interest in camping/fishing..and my previous car wouldn't work for that.

Today we tackled the grill insert and while the metal mesh I chose may not stay long...this was fun! it will serve its purpose....pics follow!

I also plastidipped my trail rated badge and key locks...but the key locks I did a terrible job on so i peeled them off...trail rated badge looks great although the pic makes it look less black than it really is!

Thanks to this forum for the project and the getting the grill off tips....my daughter loved popping the "popits" back in!

I am looking forward to her helping me again and again!

Jakob101st 05-26-2012 09:06 PM

Just wanted to say kudos for pulling the trigger on a jeep for the family. I sold my pickup and harley months ago in order to buy a jeep. We want to take a trip to Colorado and be able to put down the top as will drive through the mountains. It's a dream trip and I'm working hard for it.

But I want a Sahara Tan Rubi Unlimited (2012) so it's been no luck so far. I've had several sold out from under me but I'm not giving up.

Anyway, you get a nod for father of the year. Love that she is helping with mods. She will remember it for the rest of her life.

the Kolector 05-26-2012 09:45 PM

Thats awesome! I can't wait till my kids are older and can help.

ScooterCrunch 05-26-2012 09:52 PM

:thumb: awesome car guy! Good for you. I assume that Jeep is hers when she turns 16 :D

tabber02 05-26-2012 09:54 PM

agreed. good to see! little moments like those are awesome :D

carguyco 05-26-2012 10:32 PM

Yes she gets that jeep so Dad can get ANOTHER new one... :)
That will be when 2017 will be coming out w/ Hemis stock I'm sure...crossing fingers.

molson 05-26-2012 11:07 PM

Great story, I try to be the same way with my kids. Thanks for sharing and the insert looks nice!

JayMan5150 05-27-2012 12:35 AM

Awesome! looking forward to me and my son working on little projects like that together.:thumb:

Yella 05-27-2012 01:13 AM

Great story. Love the motion in her hands second picture.

strider_mt2k 05-27-2012 04:39 AM

Now she can proudly say that she's been modding Jeeps since she was a kid!

(lucky!)

Well done sir. Enjoy!

Red Headed Coonazz 05-27-2012 05:31 AM

Great job Dad!!!

JeepWranglerNation 05-27-2012 08:13 AM

"Like"

AdrianVall 05-27-2012 10:10 AM

Cool father, and even cooler daughter! Great stuff man. The insert looks good too! :)

tcass 05-27-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carguyco (Post 2407820)
Yes she gets that jeep so Dad can get ANOTHER new one... :)
That will be when 2017 will be coming out w/ Hemis stock I'm sure...crossing fingers.

:thumb: By then, they might even have a diesel :rofl::rofl::angel:

Enjoy the time, she'll grow up to fast......

cass :wavey:

carguyco 05-27-2012 10:44 AM

Yeah this is my youngest....oldest girl is 23 oldest boy is 21 and at boot camp right now....having a blast with the youngest ......thanks for all your kind words.

Next mod together will be .....hmmm...so many mods

the Kolector 05-27-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carguyco (Post 2408920)
Yeah this is my youngest....oldest girl is 23 oldest boy is 21 and at boot camp right now....having a blast with the youngest ......thanks for all your kind words.

Next mod together will be .....hmmm...so many mods

Next mod together will be.......ALL OF THEM!!!!!:dance:

iluvshoes 06-03-2012 11:23 PM

I just ordered my mesh grill and I have a super stupid question...how do I take the face plate off to install the mesh grill? I'm totally new to a Wrangler. Is there maybe a youtube about it?

Sinz 06-03-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkritzeck (Post 2434448)
I just ordered my mesh grill and I have a super stupid question...how do I take the face plate off to install the mesh grill? I'm totally new to a Wrangler. Is there maybe a youtube about it?

There are 6 plastic clips along the top, use a flathead screwdriver to pop up th middle part of them & them pull the rest out...after that unhook you signal lights, let them dangle down then grab from the bottom of your grill an pull gently until you hear the clips "pop" and voila...easy as pie!

carl d 06-03-2012 11:49 PM

A family that Jeeps together stays together :)

iluvshoes 06-03-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinz (Post 2434492)
There are 6 plastic clips along the top, use a flathead screwdriver to pop up th middle part of them & them pull the rest out...after that unhook you signal lights, let them dangle down then grab from the bottom of your grill an pull gently until you hear the clips "pop" and voila...easy as pie!

I hope so :hide:. The last thing I want is to break my new Jeep before I even make my first payment. Thanks for the info!

If I can install side bars, than I should be able to do this...I think :whistling:

carguyco 06-04-2012 09:47 AM

I was a little worried to pull the grill myself....my daughter put the grill back on almost by herself...it comes off so easy you'll be upset with yourself for being worried....

Just do it...