Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Georgia Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f70/)
-   -   30041 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f70/30041-163390.html)

kjang9532 05-29-2012 11:41 PM

30041
 
Any place around Cumming or Johns Creek area where I can get my Jeep little muddy?

AV8R 05-30-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjang9532 (Post 2416990)
Any place around Cumming or Johns Creek area where I can get my Jeep little muddy?

You can head up just past Dawsonville and get muddy, do some hills, and flex it out.

Mortalis5509 05-30-2012 08:02 PM

sheep wallow.

it's in dawsonville ga. look ben west rd on google maps. its a legal place to wheel.

Sheep Wallow Road Area - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

AV8R 05-31-2012 12:14 PM

I just might take a quick spin out there this afternoon.

kjang9532 05-31-2012 12:58 PM

Can a stock jk get through without getting stuck? I got 33inch all terrains

AV8R 05-31-2012 06:33 PM

My "for the most part" stock YJ does just fine, but I pick easier lines.

I didn't get a chance to go today... The radar looked iffy, the grass needed mowing, and I got a call from work that I'm starting a 5 day trip tomorrow. :facepalm:

kjang9532 06-01-2012 12:08 AM

oh have a safe trip

Mortalis5509 06-01-2012 01:18 AM

yeah wont be a problem

kjang9532 06-01-2012 11:09 PM

okay thanks for the directions

Toph00 06-02-2012 05:03 PM

I'm in marietta and havent really done any trail riding. Let me know if y'all get a group together and I will join

AV8R 06-02-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toph00 (Post 2430105)
I'm in marietta and havent really done any trail riding. Let me know if y'all get a group together and I will join

How about this weekend? Looky here: Sheep Wallow this weekend (June 9/10)

Toph00 06-03-2012 11:08 AM

Sounds great. Anyone else down?

MotorCityBear 06-03-2012 05:05 PM

Can my stock Sahara DD make it on these trails? Will I need to get recovery gear?

If so, I could probably meet you guys on Sunday the 10th.

Hopefully one of you more experienced guys can help out this new guy.

Toph00 06-03-2012 07:50 PM

The 10th works for me. From what I have read on here it is easy and hard, it just depends where you go. I have so recovery straps if we need them anyways. I think they are 8000 pounds

Mortalis5509 06-04-2012 11:19 AM

if you check ga trail riders they are going to Beasly Knob this weekend. We (fiance and I) have had a cabin rented for this weekend for a while and I will be going with them Saturday morning.

Another great local forum is ga offroad.

AV8R 06-04-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorCityBear (Post 2433116)
Can my stock Sahara DD make it on these trails? Will I need to get recovery gear?

If so, I could probably meet you guys on Sunday the 10th.

Hopefully one of you more experienced guys can help out this new guy.

Bring whatever gear you can. You can find heavy duty straps at Autozone or parts stores. See the Sheep Wallow thread for more details.

Mortalis5509 06-04-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AV8R (Post 2436563)
Bring whatever gear you can. You can find heavy duty straps at Autozone or parts stores. See the Sheep Wallow thread for more details.

I have a winch, tree saver, and tow strap. But my prefered method is: 2 gear (auto), 4 lo(4:1), locked up, and hammer down method...lol works great sometimes.

Wanna go pop some wheelies and banging hoes with us?

Thought you were talking to me..my bad.

AV8R 06-05-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortalis5509 (Post 2436879)
I have a winch, tree saver, and tow strap. But my prefered method is: 2 gear (auto), 4 lo(4:1), locked up, and hammer down method...lol works great sometimes.

Wanna go pop some wheelies and banging hoes with us?

Thought you were talking to me..my bad.

Um, what? :confused:

AceOfTrades 08-04-2012 01:43 PM

Quick and fun
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjang9532 (Post 2416990)
Any place around Cumming or Johns Creek area where I can get my Jeep little muddy?

Believe it or not, you can actually just pop out behind the Ace Hardware store on Windermere Parkway. There's about 10 miles of decent trail back there with mud holes, hills, rocks, etc. Pretty decent for being so close. Easy to jump out for an hour or so and head home. Bring a friend or a winch, as there's some places to get stuck. :angel:

MudRunner 08-04-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AceOfTrades

Believe it or not, you can actually just pop out behind the Ace Hardware store on Windermere Parkway. There's about 10 miles of decent trail back there with mud holes, hills, rocks, etc. Pretty decent for being so close. Easy to jump out for an hour or so and head home. Bring a friend or a winch, as there's some places to get stuck. :angel:

x2 I go offroading here almost every weekend (on the others im at places further away like Beasley Knob :thumb:)as it is only 10 minutes from my house. Great trail. Some rocks, ledges, a creek crossing, and a whole bunch of mud. When its dry its relatively tame; however, after a good rain storm there are many areas where you can get stuck very easily (has happened to me before). Depending on the difficulty or terrain you want to encounter you can take different routes, I'd highly recommend the spot. Oh, but don't leave your Jeep there overnight. My buddy got stuck there once and when he came back in the morning there were two bullet holes in his front passenger door....

Matteo1988 08-06-2012 12:57 AM

Im in dawsonville. Lets ride. Pm me if you wanna ride. Beasley knob, or little mountain.

kjang9532 08-08-2012 12:31 PM

Anyone willing to meet at ace hardware to ride?

MudRunner 08-08-2012 01:23 PM

Damn, I would love to but I'm in Atlanta right now and don't get back til Friday :( But if you wanna go wheeling on Saturday or Sunday just hit me up. I'd love to join in! :thumb:

Matteo1988 08-09-2012 12:34 AM

Im going to beasley knob on Sunday if anyone is down. Let me know. email me at 924175463@gsc.edu

Matteo1988 08-09-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjang9532 (Post 2665196)
Anyone willing to meet at ace hardware to ride?

Which ace hardware? Im up the way on 400

MudRunner 08-09-2012 08:01 AM

This one! Ace Hardware

3835 Windermere Pkwy, Cumming. :thumb:

kjang9532 08-09-2012 01:08 PM

Yeah can't do weekends but I live on Mathis airport so it's really close from where I live

MudRunner 08-09-2012 01:19 PM

Oh, nice. Yeah, I'm available anytime between this Saturday and next Thursday, so just hit me up if you decide to go on any of those days :thumb:

Matteo1988 08-09-2012 10:13 PM

Well Im pretty set on Beasley knob, are you pretty good on trails MudRunner? However, Im down to check out Durham town (although its a drive). But if we go to Beasley's knob im bringing my swimmiing trunks, my ol lady, and a buddy and were going to a nice little hidden GEM right near Helen. If ANYONE wants to come this sunday my number is 404 5136749
facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/matt.harden.73?ref=tn_tnmn

Mortalis5509 08-09-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matteo1988 (Post 2670238)
Well Im pretty set on Beasley knob, are you pretty good on trails MudRunner? However, Im down to check out Durham town (although its a drive). But if we go to Beasley's knob im bringing my swimmiing trunks, my ol lady, and a buddy and were going to a nice little hidden GEM right near Helen. If ANYONE wants to come this sunday my number is 404 5136749
facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/matt.harden.73?ref=tn_tnmn

D-town is a nice mud bath. Slippery nipple is fun, but you need to be locked at both ends.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 PM.