Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Made In USA Thread (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/made-in-usa-thread-164125.html)

Jodfie 06-02-2012 06:37 PM

Made In USA Thread

i saw this mentioned in another thread...thought id start up a list....

post the companys you know of that make all of their jeep parts in the USA please

wolfen 06-02-2012 07:58 PM

Me. I prefer to buy parts made in the United States of America, but if I can't find them stamped with that on them I make them myself, luxury car drivers call me a redneck for doing it, but my fellow Jeepers call it either a mod or the right way to do it :)

Jodfie 06-02-2012 08:28 PM

can you name any brands though?

wolfen 06-02-2012 09:39 PM

Nope, I don't think anything is made in America anymore

Hockeygeek21 06-02-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen
nope, i don't think anything is made in america anymore

x2

pluke the 2 06-03-2012 12:39 AM

Most of the after market axle shafts are made in the USA

MacCTD 06-03-2012 07:41 AM

I believe Weathertech is.

chucky cheese 06-03-2012 07:59 AM

One day I needed some air in a tire when traveling. Stopped at one of those air machines and put in a quarter. As I was airing I noticed that the air hose was stamped China. How does this work? I was purchasing American air delivered by a Chinese device. So did I purchase American air subsidized by China? Or did the American air become Chinese air? I smelled the air to determine and it smelled like rubber, a camels armpit, a soiled diaper and soy sauce. I think the soy sauce was the giveaway.

pfig88 06-03-2012 08:06 AM

I think ACE makes their stuff in the USA

termite 06-03-2012 09:23 AM

I would guess that many of the smaller manufacturers (ACE, etc) products are assembled in the USA, the issue would be are the materials they use made in the USA as well? Per the FTC it has to be 51% domestically produced, to include materials.

That being said I will buy US when I can, assuming the quality is there.

Beastmaster 06-03-2012 09:33 AM

I can't attest to the origin or their parts but KC HiLites are made in Arizona.

wolfen 06-03-2012 11:13 AM

Show me something that is made in the USA, out of US materials made with American pride and quality, and I'll gladly pay for it.
I remember back when I was a kid, every single piece (including the radio) was made in America on the car my dad had, it was 10 years old when I was 10, I'm 49 now and it looks a little worse for the wear, but the man I sold it to drives it every day and only has to do regular maintenance after the rebuilt et motor after 400,000 miles.
Show m a Honda that will make it THAT far!

Provelogear 06-03-2012 11:33 AM

All of Savvy Off Road parts are made in the USA except the LED lens. The LED aluminum billet housings are made here. All USA Alcoa 6061-T651 aluminum and fab work in Southern California. All American made and proud of it!

Gerald

wolfen 06-03-2012 01:42 PM

I'll remember that, and I'll be happy and proud to do business with them, since I don't I do led lights :)

pluke the 2 06-03-2012 01:48 PM

Good thread....

damndirtydog 06-03-2012 01:50 PM

OR FAB. Also out of AZ, I believe.

BillyTheKid 06-03-2012 09:05 PM

Don't know about all of their parts or where the material comes from but Warn makes their front bumpers in America.

LawMoose 06-03-2012 09:12 PM

JCR

Highlift are built in southern Indiana

tj00wrangler 06-03-2012 11:03 PM

Rokmen, tom woods, AtoZ and Edelbrock.

Baby Huey 06-03-2012 11:14 PM

You guys think it's hard to find American made Parts (not just Jeep stuff either !!) Try walking thru a grocery store sometime, just pick up a few boxes and bottles and READ.
A product of China, HECO CHINA,what ever, it's everywhere !! And we wonder why nobody is working.... What do ya expect em to work on ? Companies automatically send all manufacturing to CHINA..
Now you understand why when you order something it's BACKORDERED.... What they are telling you is, The parts you want are in a SHIP in a Cargo Container somewhere between here and China.... "BH"

Con Artist 06-03-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodfie (Post 2430171)
i saw this mentioned in another thread...thought id start up a list....

post the companys you know of that make all of their jeep parts in the USA please

Glad someone started this thread. I thought about it, and here one is! :dance:

LawMoose 06-04-2012 08:33 AM

BDS is in Michigan

JPi1 06-04-2012 08:41 AM

Poison Spyder products, and if you walk through their shop, you won't find any steel on the racks that say anything other than USA.

Baby Huey 06-13-2012 04:55 PM

Hidden Hitch USA !

I just installed a Hidden Hitch Receiver Hitch on my 07-JKU "X". Sticker on the Hitch says Made in USA.
Install went real well, I ran a tap thru the treaded holes , the Factory had cleaned the powder coat out of the threads, but I like to be sure. I also ran the Bolts ( Looked Chinese...Grade 5) thru a Thread Die, and checked fit before installing.
The rear frame cross member did have a couple welds that needed to be Ground off just a little. The side to the bumper I was able to clean up with a Cold Chisel and a hammer, the side to the Muffler I had to use a 7" disc grinder and the back (top) side of the disc to remove the seam weld just slightly to clean it up, there was a end run "blob" that needed to come off.
I had to lower the Muffler to get the bolts in the holes, I did this by removing the rubber isolators on both sides from the hangers. No big deal but it did take time.
I also ordered the Hitch with the Wiring Harness and It installed easily...A Simple plug in inside the Drivers side tail light, routing the wires to the bumper and to the hitch.
I ordered from Quadratec: Hidden Hitch item number 12015 .0013
Hidden Hitch # 87424 3500lbs
Be advised this Receiver does stick out beyond the surface of the bumper about 4"... Just right for the little woman to bang her leg on unloading the groceries !!
Good looking Job on the manufacture, I would recommend this item to any body.. "BH" :thumb:

wolfen 06-13-2012 06:19 PM

the reason you had to do any grinding and saw a blob in one spot is because the welds were done by a machine, granted it was made in the USA, but it was welded by a machine :( Had they been done by a man who takes pride in his work, the welds would have been clean, and no blobs would have been there

fastwoodsracer 06-18-2013 12:11 PM

chinese crap

On my 3rd clutch master cylinder and 2nd slave cylinder in 2 weeks. anybody know of american replacement parts?

wolfen 06-18-2013 03:18 PM

Here's a pain in the keister for yall
anybody have a otter box on their phone? I have had TWO in the past TWO DAYS, why? cause the pos things are made in China, after breaking the replacement they sent yesterday trying to take it off to get the crap from under the "screen protector" I tried putting the old one back on only to break the last catch and have it not hold even with that flimsy silicone cover on, so I emailed them and said I was NOT returning the old one cause I threw both pos otter boxes in the trash and I will NEVER have another one. Those this are worthless to me simply because you have to take them off every two days in my shop to clean the metal shavings out from under the "protective cover" I can do better with a stick on screen protector and a rubber case form that kisok in the mall. At least if I get one there I knwo where its made, mr chang will even tell me which factory in China did it.

Tweak 06-18-2013 05:21 PM

Artec

1jeeplvr 06-18-2013 06:16 PM

My Timkin front wheel bearings

Liquid Iron Ind 06-19-2013 04:41 PM

Liquid Iron Industries' products are all made in the USA. New Jersey, to be more specific. :wavey: