Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   What to do?? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/what-to-do-164401.html)

tylerdean1992 06-03-2012 09:03 PM

What to do??
 
Hey guys, i am new to complety new to jeeps. My last vehicle was a 2007 dodge ram, so i am use to dealing with trucks. I just bought a new 2012 wrangler unlimited rubicon and i want to lift it a few inches but how and with what is the question. It is my DD so i am not going to go crazy (nothing over 6in) but i have heard of alot of DS issues when lifting so i need help guys. Which kit should i get and what else will i need to do to keep it highway driveable.

Yella 06-03-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerdean1992 (Post 2433914)
Hey guys, i am new to complety new to jeeps. My last vehicle was a 2007 dodge ram, so i am use to dealing with trucks. I just bought a new 2012 wrangler unlimited rubicon and i want to lift it a few inches but how and with what is the question. It is my DD so i am not going to go crazy (nothing over 6in) but i have heard of alot of DS issues when lifting so i need help guys. Which kit should i get and what else will i need to do to keep it highway driveable.

Wow, 6" lift. If you are not planning more than 35's then I think a 2-1/2" lift is all you need depending on your back spacing. I really can't help you on jeep lifts. Mine had a 2 when I got it so I didn't have to research it myself. I put 34" tires on after I got it and they fit fine. There's a lot of guys on here that know but in the mean time you should try the search button. There is enough stuff on lifts and tire/wheel combos that can keep you busy for a long time. Welcome aboard.

Disraeli 06-03-2012 10:04 PM

You've got some homework to do, namely ingesting about 2,000 posts.

I'm surprised one of the link masters hasn't been by yet.

WatchThis! 06-03-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disraeli

I'm surprised one of the link masters hasn't been by yet.

Give them a min. ;)

pluke the 2 06-04-2012 01:02 AM

Someone called? Lol

wmwhitey 06-04-2012 01:40 AM

For a 2012 you can go 3 1/2" lift and no problem with your DS. 4" lift and more you need a new DS. But the main question is what size tires are you going to run a 2 1/2" lift and you can run 35's larger tires larger lift.

pluke the 2 06-04-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmwhitey
For a 2012 you can go 3 1/2" lift and no problem with your DS. 4" lift and more you need a new DS. But the main question is what size tires are you going to run a 2 1/2" lift and you can run 35's larger tires larger lift.

Do you rub with your 4" and 35s? You have stock fenders correct? Lol just a random hijack.

wmwhitey 06-04-2012 02:30 AM

I don't rub with my lift and 35's lol but did the 4" knowing I would go larger later down the build road. I have been looking into a 2012 or 13 unlimited but keep seeing I would have to get a new DS with a 4" lift but I want a 6" long arm on it. So that being said I am saving up on two accts rite now and holding off on all mods on my sport. One acct is for the down payment on a new 4door and the other is for mods I will buy the jeep and take a week off work to mod it. Lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.