Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Ohio Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f85/)
-   -   Northeastern looking for friends and help (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f85/northeastern-looking-for-friends-and-help-164526.html)

localc13 06-04-2012 01:44 PM

Northeastern looking for friends and help

Hi all i am new to this whole forum thing. I live in mentor but moving back down towards the akron area soon, just looking for some jeep friends, and friends that like to work on jeeps. I would love to learn how to fix and take care of the problems with my jeep as well as add mods myself, i really don't want to pay lots of money to have someone else do it. My jeep is currently down( i am hoping it's just a clutch issue and not the transmission ) just looking for people that love their wranglers as much as i do and enjoy working on them in their free time. I am looking to do lots of mods soon and would love in put at what to do first or some of the better ones to do

Beaston23 06-04-2012 02:20 PM

Check out NortheastOhio4x4.com

You may pm me as well, I am in the suburbs of Akron.

Jesse the Ripper 06-04-2012 06:56 PM

Akron area here as well. Anybody got some off road areas around here they know of? Hell, I'd even like a few fellow local Jeepers to cruise with!

Beaston23 06-04-2012 07:30 PM

A lot of people enjoy Southington OffroadAbout Us which is not to far from us in the Akron area

Good group of people and fun times!

localc13 06-04-2012 09:48 PM

well once i get mine up and running again i would gladly go cruising with you, i need more jeepster friends

Jesse the Ripper 06-05-2012 05:14 AM

Well I'd like to say I can help fix your wrangler but I'm just not THAT good with auto mechanics. I know some but not enough to diagnose a problem properly. I do, though, use tools and fix stuff like a boss. We just got to get you running. No one should be Jeepless!

localc13 06-05-2012 03:44 PM

I know especially this time of year

Jesse the Ripper 06-05-2012 03:55 PM

Well get that Jeep running! I can help you to the best of my abilities. BTW were you planning on going to Bantam? Check it out on my other thread. It would be a great incentive to get your Jeep running!
Here's the link
http://www.bantamjeepfestival.com/

localc13 06-05-2012 08:12 PM

well it looks like she may have to get up and running and some new tires!! that looks like fun!!

Jesse the Ripper 06-07-2012 06:14 AM

Definitely! I wanted to caravan down there with a bunch of Jeeps. So far only one guy responded but we got time.

localc13 06-07-2012 02:02 PM

As long as i can get my betty up and running i am in!!!

YJ Addict 06-11-2012 09:59 PM

Whats up all im new to threads and im from canton area i know of a pretty cool place that i usually go to every sunday just west of new philidelphia about 40 from me if anyone is ever interested in a trip down anything from stock rigs to well built can have fun

Jesse the Ripper 06-12-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YJ Addict
Whats up all im new to threads and im from canton area i know of a pretty cool place that i usually go to every sunday just west of new philidelphia about 40 from me if anyone is ever interested in a trip down anything from stock rigs to well built can have fun

Is it private or public land? Any fees or vehicle requirements?

YJ Addict 06-12-2012 09:16 AM

Its totally free its all private land but is owned by an overly friendly amish family who has given us full permission to wheel anywhere in the woods as long as none of the bordering crop fields are damaged along the road going in. And like i said anything from stock setups to built rigs can have fun here my first trip was in a bone stock yj on street tires and we went plenty of places and had a good day. I will also be planning some wellsville trips soon after i get my jeep this weekend also if youve never been there thats a place you have to see lol

RedBones 06-12-2012 09:55 AM

Tag.
I work in Toronto OH.

Jesse the Ripper 06-12-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YJ Addict
Its totally free its all private land but is owned by an overly friendly amish family who has given us full permission to wheel anywhere in the woods as long as none of the bordering crop fields are damaged along the road going in. And like i said anything from stock setups to built rigs can have fun here my first trip was in a bone stock yj on street tires and we went plenty of places and had a good day. I will also be planning some wellsville trips soon after i get my jeep this weekend also if youve never been there thats a place you have to see lol

When you going next?

RSC17 06-12-2012 02:28 PM

A great local Ohio forum would be Northeast Ohio 4x4 Forums

YJ Addict 06-12-2012 02:57 PM

Im getting a new wrangler this weekend which means ill be consumed in another new toy so prolly not til the following weekend once i get her ready for action . i really wanna plan a weekend trip to wellsville soon after getting this new jeep also. I know of alot of places around the east canton and east sparta areas too but i need to do some asking around to see if they are still ok to go to its been a few years not sure if things may have changed on having permission etc..

tjjeepman2002 06-14-2012 06:56 AM

I heard alot of rumors about wellville

YJ Addict 06-14-2012 09:54 AM

Wellsville is best place ive rode by far somewhere you have to see at least once in a lifetime

tjjeepman2002 06-14-2012 10:03 AM

I will try if i can get somebody to go. I just hesrd rumors the the locals dont like out of towners

YJ Addict 06-14-2012 02:24 PM

Ive been there more times than i can count and have never met anyone unfriendly or had any issues lots of good trails and good people ill be posting whenever i plan trips if youd ever wanna tag along got some frame repair to finish on my jeep before im ready to go hoping not longer than 2 or 3 weeks and ill be back on trail

tjjeepman2002 06-14-2012 02:28 PM

Sounds like fun. I have some buddies keeping me posted for southington the first weekend in July

YJ Addict 06-14-2012 02:50 PM

Never heard of that place is it in ohio ?

tjjeepman2002 06-14-2012 03:01 PM

Yes...Garrettsville...the old jeep skool

YJ Addict 06-14-2012 03:18 PM

Oh ok cool the guy im getting this new jeep from lives about 5 min north of garretsville just was up there today to check it out in person finally ill have to look into that once im closer to being done with jeep and ready to wheel

tjjeepman2002 06-14-2012 03:27 PM

What do you have now the red yj

YJ Addict 06-14-2012 04:03 PM

Im currently jeepless i have had a few big cherokees in the past tho but destroyed them all eventually so im excited for my first wrangler and to have 5 speed in the woods finally compared to always auto before with the xjs

YJ Addict 06-14-2012 04:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is what ill be working with as far as the frame repairs i mentioned its gonna be a fun project..

Not a bad deal tho i traded a shitty old 300 ex for it

tjjeepman2002 06-14-2012 04:07 PM

Cool...let me know when you get ur wrangler we will hook up and go jeepin....whatcha getting