Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2013 JK order waiting room (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2013-jk-order-waiting-room-164814.html)

axe_handle 06-05-2012 03:59 PM

2013 JK order waiting room

Just ordered my 2013 JKUR, so I thought I would start a thread to share with others waiting...

GonzoBobH 06-05-2012 04:55 PM

What did you order? Exactly, what options and colors, if you don't mind.
Did you get your VOTS yet?

PS Congrat's.

axe_handle 06-05-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoBobH (Post 2441134)
What did you order? Exactly, what options and colors, if you don't mind.
Did you get your VOTS yet?

PS Congrat's.

Dozer Unlimited Rubi
Automatic
3.73 (couldn't order 4.10, but I think that is a bug)
Saddle leather
730N
Dual Top
Color Match HT
Auto Temp air
Connectivity package

VOTS? Lost me.

j.luis 06-05-2012 05:12 PM

I went though the whole deal last year when I ordered my 2012 back in June of 2012... Congratulations on placing your order, now the wait it going to seem like forever...
Good Luck with the waiting game. The day will come.

The gear situation with the 4.10's.... all 2012 early orders went though the same situation. Many of us 12'ers raised hell about not getting the 4.10's on our Rubicon. What the company did was include the 4.10 gears on all early orders for the Rubicon. Don't know if they will do that for you early order guys.

GonzoBobH 06-05-2012 05:13 PM

VOTS is your order number and allows you to look up (and look up and look up) the state of your production. System doesn't work too well, but is still interesting. If your order was placed, your dealer has the number.

/vots/vehicle_status.html?firstName=&lastName=PUTYOURLAS TNAMEHERE&vin_last8=&orderno=PUTYOURVOTSNUMBERHERE

Copy and paste the above, substituting our last name and VOTS number where appropriate. That said, for a 2013, I don't know when you could expect to show some results.

(PS Having trouble getting the URL to show completely.... this above should give you an idea...)

PS In the Gecko waiting room and elsewhere you can find a URL which will show you window sticker. That's pretty cool too.

Jeepin Dave 06-05-2012 05:27 PM

One of the dealers I asked for pricing placed the order for two 2013s for me this morning without my knowledge. Haven't finalizied the order or decided which dealer to use yet.

Anyway one Gecko and one Crush. On the 4.10 for auto, Jeep says it is an option but the ordering system will not take it. The ordering system will take 4.10 for manual.

axe_handle 06-05-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepin Dave (Post 2441219)
Anyway one Gecko and one Crush. On the 4.10 for auto, Jeep says it is an option but the ordering system will not take it. The ordering system will take 4.10 for manual.

That was the experience my dealer had. They tried a number of times to get it to work.

axe_handle 06-05-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j.luis (Post 2441179)
The gear situation with the 4.10's.... all 2012 early orders went though the same situation. Many of us 12'ers raised hell about not getting the 4.10's on our Rubicon. What the company did was include the 4.10 gears on all early orders for the Rubicon. Don't know if they will do that for you early order guys.

How exactly did you raise hell? Where did you express that you wanted 4.10 for your order other than your sales person?

axe_handle 06-05-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoBobH (Post 2441180)
VOTS is your order number and allows you to look up (and look up and look up) the state of your production. System doesn't work too well, but is still interesting. If your order was placed, your dealer has the number.

Yes, I have my Vehicle Order Number (VON). I tried tracking on the Vehicle Order Tracking (VOTS) system, but it is not coming up yet. The dealer told me I will get an email at some point from the system, which I have yet to receive.

The URL for the Jeep VOTS:

http://www.jeep.com/vots

axe_handle 06-07-2012 09:07 AM

So has anyone seen their 2013 order come up in VOTS yet?

vmikee 06-07-2012 08:28 PM

Thanks for the VOTS link! My order from yesterday isn't showing yet. Probably too soon or because they are trying to track down why dark saddle interior wasn't showing as an option when we did the build out (it was available on Tuesday night). Hope it's just a glitch and not a restriction!

My order:
Dozer Rubicon
Automatic w/ 4.10 (they fixed that issue)
Leather (currently black, but I want Dark Saddle)
Remote start
430 GPS
AC temp control
Deep tint windows
Power convenience
Trailer tow
Connectivity group
Premium Soft Top

This is going to be one SWEET Jeep! Went through USAA and got $1,000 under invoice! Makes me happy. :)

elovell 06-07-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmikee (Post 2450001)
Thanks for the VOTS link! My order from yesterday isn't showing yet. Probably too soon or because they are trying to track down why dark saddle interior wasn't showing as an option when we did the build out (it was available on Tuesday night). Hope it's just a glitch and not a restriction!

My order:
Dozer Rubicon
Automatic w/ 4.10 (they fixed that issue)
Leather (currently black, but I want Dark Saddle)
Remote start
430 GPS
AC temp control
Deep tint windows
Power convenience
Trailer tow
Connectivity group
Premium Soft Top

This is going to be one SWEET Jeep! Went through USAA and got $1,000 under invoice! Makes me happy. :)

Where did you find the USAA 2013 pricing? I'm wanting to use USAA & haven't been able to find the updated pricing.

Jeepin Dave 06-07-2012 11:40 PM

As of yesterday (Wed) could not get USAA pricing on Wranglers.

Was able to get pricing on two other Jeep Lines, bt not the desireable ones.

vmikee 06-08-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elovell (Post 2450635)
Where did you find the USAA 2013 pricing? I'm wanting to use USAA & haven't been able to find the updated pricing.

I used the 2012 request form, but when dealers contacted me I told them I knew nobody had anything even close to what I wanted, so I'd be looking for a 2013 order and that I already had offers at 1% under invoice from the Affiliates Rewards program and an offer for $700 under invoice from another dealer who would honor USAA discounting against a 2013 order. Remember USAA is supposed to be the minimum savings, not a fixed amount. One dealer guaranteed $1,000 under invoice for whatever I ordered and I jumped at that offer. :) Since it's based on final invoice, it doesn't really matter that USAA doesn't have their pricing set yet.

keschete 06-08-2012 12:47 PM

I ordered on the 5th also. Here is my invoice. No notifications yet, but I did check the dealer computer and my order was picked up. This is the second JK I have ordered, in 2009 I ordered in April 09 and didn't get my JK Sahara until August 09.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...voicejeep1.jpg

blantow 06-08-2012 12:58 PM

Wow based on that invoice they increased prices quite a bit. The Power/Convenience is an extra 100, trailer tow another 25, Connectivity up 100 as well, and I think the UConnect may be 70 cheaper, and transport fee is up 25 as well. I just got my 2012 and was looking a lot at different options. I wish I could have afforded exactly what you built, it would be exactly what I was wanting.

keschete 06-08-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blantow (Post 2452034)
Wow based on that invoice they increased prices quite a bit. The Power/Convenience is an extra 100, trailer tow another 25, Connectivity up 100 as well, and I think the UConnect may be 70 cheaper, and transport fee is up 25 as well. I just got my 2012 and was looking a lot at different options. I wish I could have afforded exactly what you built, it would be exactly what I was wanting.

My husband is a sales manager. So what I drive is great advertisement for him. I have a 09 Sahara that is loaded out also.

carvebeast 06-08-2012 02:47 PM

newb question, but can someone giving me a quick summary of the order process? never custom ordered a vehicle before...

go to dealer, place order, dealer places order, jeep comes in, negotiate price. right or wrong?

if for some reason the dealer wont budge on pricing (or for any other reason) are you free to walk away from your custom order or are you somehow tied to it? i could definitely see stealerships assuming that by ordering exactly what you want you are labeled as a guaranteed buyer and negotiations might then become difficult...

edit: sorry for the threadjack, just trying to get a feel for the process for snagging a '13

keschete 06-08-2012 04:05 PM

Get to know a sales manager. Place an order with them in the computer. Get and negotiate a price before the JK comes in. If you don't like the price go some where else. JK's are popular and you might not get a great price depending on where you live. The JK's here pretty much go for sticker price.

Blastek 06-08-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carvebeast (Post 2452393)
newb question, but can someone giving me a quick summary of the order process? never custom ordered a vehicle before...

go to dealer, place order, dealer places order, jeep comes in, negotiate price. right or wrong?

if for some reason the dealer wont budge on pricing (or for any other reason) are you free to walk away from your custom order or are you somehow tied to it? i could definitely see stealerships assuming that by ordering exactly what you want you are labeled as a guaranteed buyer and negotiations might then become difficult...

edit: sorry for the threadjack, just trying to get a feel for the process for snagging a '13

1. go to the dealer with printouts from jeep.com and edmunds.com with all your options. edmunds will give you the invoice.

2. join up on treadlightly to get the no haggle chrysler affiliates program (automatic 1% below invoice)

3. negotiate from 1% below invoice, agree on price.

4. dealer will write up purchase order with price on it. make sure they add a note saying "buyer qualifies for applicable discounts and affliate programs on delivery" or something to that effect.

5. dealer will take deposit off you (usually $500) and place the order. Make sure you get your VON immediately. the dealer gets it as soon as the order is placed (this reduces delay to your order).

-note you can finance when you pick it up.

6. you wait...and wait and wait. the anticipation grows.

7. sort out financing with someone else, because you'll usually get a better deal unless you qualify for the 0% chrysler deal.

7. jeep is delivered, you either take it or leave it. even if you don't want it, the deposit is usually returned (at least that's what they say) unless you special order some unpopular options.

8. make sure not to accept any bs from the finance guy like VIN etching. drop your check off and the downpayment, pay the minimum DMV fees and leave

Void For Vagueness 06-08-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blastek (Post 2452633)
1. go to the dealer with printouts from jeep.com and edmunds.com with all your options. edmunds will give you the invoice.

2. join up on treadlightly to get the no haggle chrysler affiliates program (automatic 1% below invoice)

3. negotiate from 1% below invoice, agree on price.

4. dealer will write up purchase order with price on it. make sure they add a note saying "buyer qualifies for applicable discounts and affliate programs on delivery" or something to that effect.

5. dealer will take deposit off you (usually $500) and place the order. Make sure you get your VON immediately. the dealer gets it as soon as the order is placed (this reduces delay to your order).

-note you can finance when you pick it up.

6. you wait...and wait and wait. the anticipation grows.

7. sort out financing with someone else, because you'll usually get a better deal unless you qualify for the 0% chrysler deal.

7. jeep is delivered, you either take it or leave it. even if you don't want it, the deposit is usually returned (at least that's what they say) unless you special order some unpopular options.

8. make sure not to accept any bs from the finance guy like VIN etching. drop your check off and the downpayment, pay the minimum DMV fees and leave

Where does trade-in fall into this process?

Blastek 06-08-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Void For Vagueness (Post 2452783)
Where does trade-in fall into this process?

step 3.5 :) The trade-in and new car are really two separate negotiations.

Void For Vagueness 06-08-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blastek (Post 2452793)
step 3.5 :) The trade-in and new car are really two separate negotiations.

Agreed that they're separate negotiations, even though many shady dealers will try to force you to mix the two together, as if your trade-in price is like extra bonus money off the new car bottom line. Having never ordered a new vehicle though, it just strikes me as strange that you negotiate your trade-in long before you actually trade it in...

Blastek 06-08-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Void For Vagueness (Post 2452994)
Agreed that they're separate negotiations, even though many shady dealers will try to force you to mix the two together, as if your trade-in price is like extra bonus money off the new car bottom line. Having never ordered a new vehicle though, it just strikes me as strange that you negotiate your trade-in long before you actually trade it in...

well you can finalize the trade-in when you pick it up. I guess it depends on you. But I would want a good idea of how much the dealer is going to rip me off on the trade before I pull the trigger with that dealer. I've read on here that some dealers take the trade on the day you order. But - i didn't do a trade-in when ordering mine so others can chime in and give a better idea.

Void For Vagueness 06-08-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blastek (Post 2453049)
I've read on here that some dealers take the trade on the day you order.

Oh man, I hope this isn't the only option. I don't know how I'd get to work while waiting for my '13 to come in...

Void For Vagueness 06-09-2012 02:23 PM

Just talked to the dealer, and I'll be ordering mine next week. Question: The dealer told me that the power convenience group is not an option for the 2013 base Sport JKU- you have to order the 24S package to get the power options. Anyone know the deal with that?

Alboizms 06-09-2012 04:06 PM

about to pull the trigger on a 2013 wrangler. Monday the order should be placed.

White 2 door wrangler
Sport
6spd
A/C
3.73 Ratio
Hard Top

vmikee 06-09-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Void For Vagueness (Post 2455195)
Just talked to the dealer, and I'll be ordering mine next week. Question: The dealer told me that the power convenience group is not an option for the 2013 base Sport JKU- you have to order the 24S package to get the power options. Anyone know the deal with that?

This was just covered in the 2013 Wrangler Information Thread:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/201...161113-25.html

Go down to post 747. I believe it was confirmed that the 24S package is required for the Wrangler, but not for the Wrangler Unlimited. Doesn't affect me, so I didn't pay a whole lot of attention. :cool:

vmikee 06-09-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmikee (Post 2456066)
This was just covered in the 2013 Wrangler Information Thread:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/201...161113-25.html

Go down to post 747. I believe it was confirmed that the 24S package is required for the Wrangler, but not for the Wrangler Unlimited. Doesn't affect me, so I didn't pay a whole lot of attention. :cool:

:facepalm: Duh... you asked that question in the other thread, so disregard! :whistling:

Void For Vagueness 06-09-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmikee (Post 2456075)
:facepalm: Duh... you asked that question in the other thread, so disregard! :whistling:

Yeah sorry for double-posting about it. I'll stop doing that.