Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   dishpan springs (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/dishpan-springs-164874.html)

bigtommy 06-05-2012 11:12 PM

dishpan springs
 
june 24 who is in

DaK 06-06-2012 07:30 AM

Will be watching this.... will need to test out my new rock rails.

Haven't done Dishpan yet. What is the min rig requirements?

I H8RDS 06-06-2012 08:18 AM

I've done it a few times...you can choose an easier line in a couple places, but I'd recommend at least a rear locker, lift and 33's. Had a friend do it on 31's (Rubicon) and he got high centered and had to self-winch himself off the boulder. :)

Xjman1 06-06-2012 09:40 AM

Been done in a stock XJ with 29" tires, open diffs and rock rails. Take your time, pick your lines and do not be afraid to use your rails, that is what they are for. It is makes a good day run so make sure your crew is up for it. Seems a lot of folks nowadays like to finish fast and thus rig size minimums are over-exagerated at times. Imo

949OC 06-06-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaK (Post 2443201)
Will be watching this.... will need to test out my new rock rails.

Haven't done Dishpan yet. What is the min rig requirements?


Hey Dave, here's some pictures. Don't need no stinking locker!
Actually, there are a couple of spots a locker might come in handy depending on the line you take.

Dishpan Springs, Arrowhead CA - ATV/Offroading trip | EveryTrail

BillG.OTD 06-06-2012 12:32 PM

I might like to join. It would be my 3rd week in a row on that trail, but its a good trail and I like deep creek.
I dont think "requirements" may be the correct term. As noted some can run it on their rails with smaller lifts and tires. With that said, I wouldnt want to and I just like to let people know what they may encounter (I dont want to feel responsible if they damage their jeep). We have stock jeeps with us all the time and it can be fun to get them through the tougher stuff. The run we have this weekend is two trails, that why I kinda wanted Jeeps that were equipped.

BillG.OTD 06-06-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 949OC (Post 2444051)
Hey Dave, here's some pictures. Don't need no stinking locker!
Actually, there are a couple of spots a locker might come in handy depending on the line you take.

Dishpan Springs, Arrowhead CA - ATV/Offroading trip | EveryTrail

Nice pics, Didnt see any stockers in there. Did see a couple Rubicons...:)

pluke the 2 06-06-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xjman1 (Post 2443555)
Seems a lot of folks nowadays like to finish fast and thus rig size minimums are over-exagerated at times. Imo

When's the last time you lead a group of stock jeep through any trails? :popcorn:

Not everyone has an XJ to carelessly bash through trails. People are anal with their JK's and every scratch and dent counts. Folks these days don't want to spend all day trail fixing. They also feel more safe having a minimum requirement to confidently attend a trail outing.

530ktm 06-06-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluke the 2 (Post 2444225)
When's the last time you lead a group of stock jeep through any trails? :popcorn:

Not everyone has an XJ to carelessly bash through trails. People are anal with their JK's and every scratch and dent counts. Folks these days don't want to spend all day trail fixing. They also feel more safe having a minimum requirement to confidently attend a trail outing.

:popcorn:

I H8RDS 06-06-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluke the 2 (Post 2444225)
When's the last time you lead a group of stock jeep through any trails? :popcorn:

Not everyone has an XJ to carelessly bash through trails. People are anal with their JK's and every scratch and dent counts. Folks these days don't want to spend all day trail fixing. They also feel more safe having a minimum requirement to confidently attend a trail outing.

Well said.

Xjman1 06-06-2012 04:17 PM

Haha, you all are funny it has been years but it can be done. Requirements can vary by person's experience and lines taken. Sure some of the "Big Boys" and "Big Girls" can get through faster but on a trail like this a stocker can get through with time and patience, so does that make a locker and 33"+ tires a requirement? I think not.
I prefer to enjoy the trail and the thought process that goes with having to carefully select a line. I do appreciate the well built rigs and the engineering that goes into them, however trails like this do not require it. IMO.
Oh yeah, the XJ's only "damage" was to the paint on the rock sliders and a limb through the tire before the trail even started. All fixed and we had a great day on the trail, not a few hours.

Xjman1 06-06-2012 04:25 PM

Oh and I was not trying to knock IH8RDS recommendations, she has a lot of experience, just trying to say a stocker could do it with time.
I think this said it best with these runs, " Folks these days don't want to spend all day trail fixing." I guess I am not one of those folks in a hurry.

pluke the 2 06-06-2012 04:59 PM

:cheers::zap:

RadarRob2012 06-06-2012 05:01 PM

Just wheel it!!!

I H8RDS 06-06-2012 05:22 PM

:Thanx:

Ya, and I wheeled Years with open diffs, 31's and a 4 banger. A 4 banger I have yet to get away from.

Salute :punk:

RadarRob2012 06-06-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I H8RDS
:Thanx:

Ya, and I wheeled Years with open diffs, 31's and a 4 banger. A 4 banger I have yet to get away from.

Salute :punk:

All I know is you Rock!!! 😝 Let's Wheel!!!

bigtommy 06-06-2012 06:17 PM

So who wants to go??

MistermomHB 06-06-2012 06:50 PM

I'll Be there (With Pampers on)
 
1 Attachment(s)
If you think I meet the strict requirement of not wanting to scratch my down right sexy JKU... LOL

Do you all think my plastic steps can hold my Jeep on a rock??

bigtommy 06-06-2012 07:02 PM

lets find out

MistermomHB 06-06-2012 07:06 PM

I'll Be there
 
I have a set of steel steps do you think that will help?:facepalm:

RadarRob2012 06-06-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MistermomHB
If you think I meet the strict requirement of not wanting to scratch my down right sexy JKU... LOL

Do you all think my plastic steps can hold my Jeep on a rock??

They're not scratches. It's Desert Pinstriping. And plastic running boards aren't sliders. More like snag, stuck on the rock. Lol.

MistermomHB 06-06-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 (Post 2445696)
They're not scratches. It's Desert Pinstriping. And plastic running boards aren't sliders. More like snag, stuck on the rock. Lol.

So if that happens do I push peddle on the right push the right pedal down harder? :whistling:
I had sage brush do the pinstriping on my Jeep! He does good work!:dance:

RadarRob2012 06-06-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MistermomHB

So if that happens do I push peddle on the right push the right pedal down harder? :whistling:
I had sage brush do the pinstriping on my Jeep! He does good work!:dance:

I did that on Doran at Calico at night. Ended up replacing most of the undercarriage. Lol. Good excuse for the lift and tires that go on Friday. WooHoo!!!

bigtommy 06-06-2012 09:20 PM

they're all battle scars with story that you will always talk about

bigtommy 06-06-2012 09:24 PM

bottom line i will turn around at the top and pull you up

MistermomHB 06-06-2012 09:34 PM

Thank You
 
Cool, thanks Tommy we need to test out that new winch.

MistermomHB 06-06-2012 09:38 PM

Wow
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RadarRob2012 (Post 2446083)
I did that on Doran at Calico at night. Ended up replacing most of the undercarriage. Lol. Good excuse for the lift and tires that go on Friday. WooHoo!!!

Wow you must have pushed Hard. Lol. Its a hobby if it breaks we upgrade.

bigtommy 06-06-2012 09:38 PM

we just won't tell Mel about the missing steps "they just fell off"

I H8RDS 06-06-2012 09:42 PM

God, we're all crazy!! I love it! :popcorn:

bigtommy 06-06-2012 09:52 PM

^^no you are the crazy one i saw the video


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.