Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Build Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f322/)
-   -   The rebuilding starts ....... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f322/the-rebuilding-starts-165088.html)

MIZZOU_Fan 06-06-2012 08:57 PM

The rebuilding starts .......

5 Attachment(s)
After a roll over and a rod through the oil pan and a total loss pay out from insurance the rebuilding has started

Brand new 4.0 crate motor went in today and is running.....

Next stop the body shop for
Genright
Front tube fenders with 4" flare
Rear corners with 4" flare
Windshield frame armor
Gas tank skid
Steering box skid
Front bumper with trail stinger
Rock sliders with boat sides and step
Side panel armor
All of the genright stuff with be painted with UPOL raptor liner in black

Poison spider tramp stamp ( under rear tailgate)
What is left of the body will all be repainted in factory white

Then off to the 4wd shop
BDS long arm suspension 4 1/2 inch
Fox shocks (the new BDS ones)
Flat belly skid
Fox steering stabilizer
Rear currie anti rock ( to match the front that's already on it)
All energy suspension body mounts
G2 diff covers
Genright led taillights and turn signals

Now if you haven't read my previous thread about the " wreck" check my profile it will explain what happened

I will be updating this thread with photos as is goes along.

MIZZOU_Fan 06-06-2012 08:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Pictures of the new crate motor

tbensor 06-06-2012 09:03 PM

Congrats! Have fun.

MIZZOU_Fan 06-06-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbensor
Congrats! Have fun.

I'm having fun I'm building my dream jeep. I have been dreaming about being able to do this since I was 12 years old.

But with the fun comes a lot of STRESS. Spending this amount of cash all at once makes my stomach turn. But luckily my wife is right next me just as excited she can't wait to go back to the rock ledge that caused all this and concur it with ease. ( which we have done in the past with the old setup)

MIZZOU_Fan 06-06-2012 09:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I forgot to mention I am a VERY impatient person when it comes to my vehicles. This will be a long 2 weeks.

Lucky I still have my "TOW" rig to drive

MIZZOU_Fan 06-07-2012 09:38 AM

Just left the shop got to hear it run. Oh how nice the sound was hearing come back to life

Imped 06-07-2012 09:55 AM

I'd love a brand new 4.0.....jealous.

RubiCobra 06-07-2012 10:08 AM

Good parts list! You're going to have a nice rig sir!

Ibuildembig 06-07-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIZZOU_Fan (Post 2446308)
I'm having fun I'm building my dream jeep. I have been dreaming about being able to do this since I was 12 years old.

But with the fun comes a lot of STRESS. Spending this amount of cash all at once makes my stomach turn. But luckily my wife is right next me just as excited she can't wait to go back to the rock ledge that caused all this and concur it with ease. ( which we have done in the past with the old setup)

Its nice to have a support group isnt it? I just wish mine made more money lol

Mikekaz1 06-07-2012 10:32 AM

That will be sweet! I see you listed a lot of shops tho? What are you doing yourself?

KidRock171 06-07-2012 11:21 AM

Subscribed! Unless your dead set on a "flat" belly pan for some reason I'd think about the savvy UA if you've never looked into it before. It's pretty intense.

Apshouse 06-07-2012 11:48 AM

Where did you purchase the engine at? It's sweet!

4runner1988 06-07-2012 01:09 PM

Subcribed!!

MIZZOU_Fan 06-07-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikekaz1
That will be sweet! I see you listed a lot of shops tho? What are you doing yourself?

I'm going to be DRIVING IT '!!!

MIZZOU_Fan 06-07-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KidRock171
Subscribed! Unless your dead set on a "flat" belly pan for some reason I'd think about the savvy UA if you've never looked into it before. It's pretty intense.

Yes I'm using the BDS flat belly already have a tummy tuck but some of it has to be re done because of the long arm

MIZZOU_Fan 06-07-2012 03:14 PM

Jeep is at the body shop. I got to drive it on and off the trailer such a tease !!

MIZZOU_Fan 06-07-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apshouse
Where did you purchase the engine at? It's sweet!

A place somewhere in Dallas 3 year unlimited mileage for $1900

Moody715 06-07-2012 04:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
NICE MAN!!! I've been there but just the engine rebuild. It was a lot of work for me and my first engine rebuild but now my Jeep runs like a champ and never felt better about its reliability after I personally saw and put my engine back together and in.

It makes you really appreciate your work.

Moody715 06-07-2012 04:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More pics

First picture one on the first post is after I was done and the rest are during the rebuild

Sherpa 06-07-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIZZOU_Fan (Post 2446249)
After a roll over and a rod through the oil pan and a total loss pay out from insurance the rebuilding has started

Hopefully you'll upgrade to a stronger oil pan this time around so it doesn't happen again. ;)

MIZZOU_Fan 06-07-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherpa

Hopefully you'll upgrade to a stronger oil pan this time around so it doesn't happen again. ;)

The oil pan wasn't at fault the motor hydro locked the rod just took the easiest way out

Sherpa 06-08-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIZZOU_Fan (Post 2449424)
The oil pan wasn't at fault the motor hydro locked the rod just took the easiest way out

Aww, that's an old joke.

Example: about 12 years ago, my friend hydrolocked the engine in his YJ while wading through a deep puddle. I towed him to our mechanic, who asked what happened. Without missing a beat, my friend Mark responded, "the oil pan failed to contain a connecting rod."

MIZZOU_Fan 06-08-2012 10:12 PM

Jeep is on the frame machine at the body to get some body mounts replaced and to help pull out some damage

Mikekaz1 06-08-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIZZOU_Fan

I'm going to be DRIVING IT '!!!

Just saying. Because without a doubt it will be an awesome rig but anybody can pay someone to build there perfect jeep. It takes a real enthusiast to build it himself

Kevbz 06-08-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikekaz1 (Post 2453652)
Just saying. Because without a doubt it will be an awesome rig but anybody can pay someone to build there perfect jeep. It takes a real enthusiast to build it himself

disagree....there are times to tinker in the garage for years on a project, and then there are times to get it back on the road.

just because you pay someone to turn the wrenches doesn't mean you are not a real jeeper

and who has a frame straightener laying around?

Mikekaz1 06-09-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevbz

disagree....there are times to tinker in the garage for years on a project, and then there are times to get it back on the road.

just because you pay someone to turn the wrenches doesn't mean you are not a real jeeper

and who has a frame straightener laying around?

I'm not saying he's not a real jeeper. It's just a connection thing. I feel more connected with it if I do the work then if I sent it off. Obviously some things like frame straightening you have to send it out. But then again my best friend has one and I can use it whenever I want :)

And I do applaud him. He picked out some awesome gear and it will look and be completely badass. And I am morally jealous.

MIZZOU_Fan 06-09-2012 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I even spent some $ on the tow rig. NFAB light cage with 8 inch pro comp lights.

Yes I realize this is a jeep forum but we can't treat our tow rigs as redheaded step children. Can we?

MIZZOU_Fan 06-09-2012 10:13 AM

And the reason I'm paying to have all this done is I work 6 days a week and am very impatient if I did it all myself it would be this time next year before it was done

mrbat23 06-09-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moody715 (Post 2449249)
NICE MAN!!! I've been there but just the engine rebuild. It was a lot of work for me and my first engine rebuild but now my Jeep runs like a champ and never felt better about its reliability after I personally saw and put my engine back together and in.

It makes you really appreciate your work.

Do you mind if i ask how much you paid for your engine, and what kind it is?? I'm in the same boat right now , in fact motor will be pulled on Monday. thanks

Moody715 06-09-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbat23

Do you mind if i ask how much you paid for your engine, and what kind it is?? I'm in the same boat right now , in fact motor will be pulled on Monday. thanks

It was about $2400 total after I bought new pistons and everything. I also had it bored out a little more because it was scratched up on the inside of the poison walls and had it put through an acid bath to clean it up.

I can't remember the exact model right now but I'll check it out and get back to you