Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Louisiana Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f67/)
-   -   Spillway (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f67/spillway-165847.html)

Swamppro 06-10-2012 02:09 PM

Spillway
 
Anyone up for a muddy ride today?

Frshmt 06-18-2012 12:36 PM

In case you aren't aware, riding in the spillway is illegal. Doing so anyway gives our sport a "black eye" so you probably won't get many responses from responsible off-roaders. Instead, try to hook up with the other locals and join the organized trail rides to get it out of your system... and the trail rides are 100x more fun than slinging mud in the spillway and won't put you at risk of fines and vehicular impounds.

Not trying to fuss at you, just hoping a friendly poke in the right direction can help you out a bit.

Nicoya 06-19-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swamppro
Anyone up for a muddy ride today?

Hey buddy wanted to invite you and family personally to the 4x fest in Hammond thes Saturday

Swamppro 06-22-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicoya

Hey buddy wanted to invite you and family personally to the 4x fest in Hammond thes Saturday

When you headed over that way?

Nicoya 06-22-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swamppro

When you headed over that way?

10:00 or 11:00 am

Frshmt 06-22-2012 07:43 PM

It's 10:00a - 4:00p... we'll be out there all day. Come on the early end of it if you want to pretend you're going to beat the heat, but bottom line is, the temperature is gonna suck sweaty balls. They'll have $5 cups you can buy with unlimited refills, though, so don't worry about being thirsty!

Red Headed Coonazz 07-01-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frshmt (Post 2486107)
In case you aren't aware, riding in the spillway is illegal. Doing so anyway gives our sport a "black eye" so you probably won't get many responses from responsible off-roaders. Instead, try to hook up with the other locals and join the organized trail rides to get it out of your system... and the trail rides are 100x more fun than slinging mud in the spillway and won't put you at risk of fines and vehicular impounds.

Not trying to fuss at you, just hoping a friendly poke in the right direction can help you out a bit.


Ok. Not trying to argue here but, exactly what is illegal in the spillway. I have been going there for years to work/play with my dogs and there are always people fishing out there on weekends. It seems they have any roads that they don't want you to access closed off. It is really not a good place to off road but it is a great place to bring your dogs to retrive and swim after a good rain when some of the smaller ponds have fresh water in them. Anyway, just wondering. What is legal/illegal?

Dragonii 07-05-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Headed Coonazz (Post 2534313)
Ok. Not trying to argue here but, exactly what is illegal in the spillway. I have been going there for years to work/play with my dogs and there are always people fishing out there on weekends. It seems they have any roads that they don't want you to access closed off. It is really not a good place to off road but it is a great place to bring your dogs to retrive and swim after a good rain when some of the smaller ponds have fresh water in them. Anyway, just wondering. What is legal/illegal?

I was wondering the same thing. The last time I was out there I saw people all over the place, fishing, hanging out and even a few trucks driving around with nothing better to do.
I even drove right past a ranger and he just waved. And I had mud everywhere.

Red Headed Coonazz 07-10-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonii (Post 2549940)
I was wondering the same thing. The last time I was out there I saw people all over the place, fishing, hanging out and even a few trucks driving around with nothing better to do.
I even drove right past a ranger and he just waved. And I had mud everywhere.

I don't suppose we'll have an answer to that.:popcorn::popcorn:

Southernwrangler4x4 08-01-2012 05:34 PM

I don't think it's illegal to ride in the spillway bc my uncle lives close to it and he's always riding his 4-wheeler out there

caprob 03-16-2013 05:20 PM

Justa anotha treada lightly kinda guya. LOL Not as bad as some of them who are afraid to drive them off the pavement. Some like this guy are legit in tryithough ng to help.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.