Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Waterproof seat covers? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/waterproof-seat-covers-165974.html)

TXrubicon 06-11-2012 01:27 AM

Waterproof seat covers?

I've got leather seats in my 2012 Rubicon Unlimited (Didn't want leather but had no choice as late as I bought the Jeep) so I'm looking for some good waterproof seat covers. I don't see how neoprene is waterproof when you still get wet when wearing a wetsuit. Are there any good waterproof seat covers out there that will fit the 2012 unlimited seats and fit snugly? I heard the seat covers by Bestop are wonderful but can't find any that fit my Jeep :banghead:. Can anyone offer advice?

Thanks in advance :thumb:

wmwhitey 06-11-2012 01:32 AM

Car Seat Covers | Seat Covers | Custom Seat Covers | Truck Seat Covers | Automotive Seat Covers

the best you can buy

wmwhitey 06-11-2012 01:33 AM

And trust me I live in hawaii it rains every day.

TXrubicon 06-11-2012 01:58 AM

Thanks, now I just gotta figure out which tan is closest to the factory interior tan haha but shouldn't be that hard

wmwhitey 06-11-2012 02:06 AM

Also make your choice on what they will look like after they start to fade all seat covers fade fast you dont want some with red to turn to pink in 3 months lol

TXrubicon 06-11-2012 04:45 AM

Good point, thanks

TXrubicon 06-11-2012 05:02 AM

Will I still be able to use the factory seat heaters in the winter?

50 Something 06-11-2012 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXrubicon (Post 2459730)
I've got leather seats in my 2012 Rubicon Unlimited (Didn't want leather but had no choice as late as I bought the Jeep) so I'm looking for some good waterproof seat covers. I don't see how neoprene is waterproof when you still get wet when wearing a wetsuit. Are there any good waterproof seat covers out there that will fit the 2012 unlimited seats and fit snugly? I heard the seat covers by Bestop are wonderful but can't find any that fit my Jeep :banghead:. Can anyone offer advice?

Just ordered these expencive Bad Boys last night. Should be the best on the market.

Wet Okole Neoprene Jeep Seat Covers. - Quadratec

50 Something

50 Something 06-11-2012 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXrubicon (Post 2459894)
Will I still be able to use the factory seat heaters in the winter?

Should be able to, as they sell their own aftermarket heaters?

50 Something

chim-chim7 06-11-2012 05:37 AM

Your factory seat heaters will work fine. Might take a few extra minutes to feel the heat, but the heat will still bleed through. Seat heaters have been a back saver.

Jeeperz Creeperz 06-11-2012 10:10 AM

I too have the leather seats. It is my understanding that they will stand up to the elements. Is that incorrect?

Disraeli 06-11-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

You're typically immersed in water while wearing a wet suit.

Not exactly apples to apples.

I'm going Wet Okole as well.

RRTRI 06-11-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50 Something (Post 2459899)
Just ordered these expencive Bad Boys last night. Should be the best on the market.

Wet Okole Neoprene Jeep Seat Covers. - Quadratec

50 Something

I've not had other brands but I had a set of Wet Okole on a truck I used to have and then we picked up a set for the wife's Jeep when she got it a few months ago. Hers took about 20 days to show up. I ordered a set for my Jeep 27 days ago and they have yet to show up.

They are great high quality covers but like others have said they do fade. The set my wife ordered has already started to fade a bit and they've only been on a few months. With my order I picked up some of the UV spray they have to see if that will do the trick.

I also ordered from QT and my only regret about it is that QT doesn't have all the options available listed. For example I found out recently that WO offers a gun tote pocket that QT doesn't have as an option. I called WO directly late last week and they told me that my order was already in production and that I was beyond the point of being able to make any changes. :banghead: They also said they would ship out early this week so I'm hoping I might have them by this weekend. :dance:

50 Something 06-11-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRTRI (Post 2460676)
I've not had other brands but I had a set of Wet Okole on a truck I used to have and then we picked up a set for the wife's Jeep when she got it a few months ago. Hers took about 20 days to show up. I ordered a set for my Jeep 27 days ago and they have yet to show up.

They are great high quality covers but like others have said they do fade. The set my wife ordered has already started to fade a bit and they've only been on a few months. With my order I picked up some of the UV spray they have to see if that will do the trick.

I also ordered from QT and my only regret about it is that QT doesn't have all the options available listed. For example I found out recently that WO offers a gun tote pocket that QT doesn't have as an option. I called WO directly late last week and they told me that my order was already in production and that I was beyond the point of being able to make any changes. :banghead: They also said they would ship out early this week so I'm hoping I might have them by this weekend. :dance:

Yeah, that sounds about right as the do state 2-4 weeks delivery, so I figure 6. They don't make them until you order them which is fine by me. As far as the 'Gun Pocket" I didn't know about that, but most of the time I keep my Sig on my side and if I carry my .45 cal it is in the passenger seat pocket Then if I can't carry it in my pack it goes in the safe. However I did get the seat pockets on these as well. Is that the same thing as the "Gun Pocket" you spoke of?

50 Something

Disraeli 06-11-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRTRI (Post 2460676)

How much does neoprene cost anyway?

You should be allowed to send them a check for $1.43 and have them start over.

RubiNewb 06-11-2012 09:09 PM

Wet Okole has a gun tote that goes under the driver seat in the front. Its like a little pocket/pouch where you can slide your pistol in. We ordered the WO seat covers from Autoanything but unfortunately they would not allow us to add the gun tote :( Still waiting on arrival, will probably take a month or so.

Dew 06-11-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

I don't see how neoprene is waterproof when you still get wet when wearing a wetsuit.

Neoprene is waterproof.

You get wet because the water gets in through the openings, heats up from your skin and stays trapped. Thus keeping you warm

50 Something 06-11-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubiNewb (Post 2462718)
Wet Okole has a gun tote that goes under the driver seat in the front. Its like a little pocket/pouch where you can slide your pistol in. We ordered the WO seat covers from Autoanything but unfortunately they would not allow us to add the gun tote :( Still waiting on arrival, will probably take a month or so.

Hey Dallas,

I'm very close and we seem to connect on the Gun thing, but I didn't know about that option. We should get together soon and do a little wheeling together. If nothing else I love to do photography and a friend of mine and I should be doing a shoot this weekend. Also hit the gun range with some really serious hardware if you know what I mean.

I think my M4 would be a very good prop for the pic's?

50 Something

daggo66 06-11-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dew (Post 2462724)
Neoprene is waterproof.

You get wet because the water gets in through the openings, heats up from your skin and stays trapped. Thus keeping you warm

Neoprene seat covers are NOT waterproof. they will protect the seat from water however because they will soak it up like a sponge.

RRTRI 06-11-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50 Something (Post 2462698)
Yeah, that sounds about right as the do state 2-4 weeks delivery, so I figure 6. They don't make them until you order them which is fine by me. As far as the 'Gun Pocket" I didn't know about that, but most of the time I keep my Sig on my side and if I carry my .45 cal it is in the passenger seat pocket Then if I can't carry it in my pack it goes in the safe. However I did get the seat pockets on these as well. Is that the same thing as the "Gun Pocket" you spoke of?

50 Something

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubiNewb (Post 2462718)

Exactly.... Here is a link to it on their site: Custom Car Seat Cover Prices - Wet Okole Hawaii

I had an 07 Range Rover that a pocket in the seat right in that same spot. It was perfect if you wanted to unholster while driving and still have your pistol very accessible. I was so disappointed that I didn't realize they offered it on the WO covers when I ordered them.

kjeeper10 06-11-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66

Neoprene seat covers are NOT waterproof. they will protect the seat from water however because they will soak it up like a sponge.

X15 neo blows

dabolt55 06-11-2012 09:40 PM

Don't forget the Iggees. waterproof..:thumb:

50 Something 06-11-2012 09:42 PM

Ok, Thanks, but in the State of Texas, or any other State that is not consealed! No loss on your part, just saved you from getting busted is all. Consealed means nobody can see it?

50 Something

PieFace 06-11-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 2462800)

There is more than one type of neoprene. "Open cell" neoprene is used in wet suits, letting water in on purpose. The wet okole seat covers are "closed cell" neoprene. They do not let water through.

I just bought wet okole seat covers and tested them.

Disraeli 06-11-2012 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah, Daggo.

50 Something 06-11-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRTRI (Post 2462809)
Exactly.... Here is a link to it on their site: Custom Car Seat Cover Prices - Wet Okole Hawaii

I had an 07 Range Rover that a pocket in the seat right in that same spot. It was perfect if you wanted to unholster while driving and still have your pistol very accessible. I was so disappointed that I didn't realize they offered it on the WO covers when I ordered them.

Oh, Yeah 1 more thing about CHL stuff. Just like in the old west I got told to leave town for a period of 1 year and never come back until then, just because I spoke about having a CHL while on vacation at a resort here in Texas.

I can't mention the name or the county, because of fear from Johnny Law. The officer was very by the book and called all my info in, serial #'s Models ect, took 2 of my weapons until I was off the property and gave them back as soon I was off property.

Then he gave me a cool complement on 1 of my concealment toys. Of course I thanked him and got the F out of town promptly. 1 week completely ruined by just a word, let alone anyone seeing the weapon. That rig is no good for CCW stuff IMHO!

Just My 2 Cents on that,

50 Something

Can't wait to go back... hehehe

RRTRI 06-11-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50 Something (Post 2462852)
Ok, Thanks, but in the State of Texas, or any other State that is not consealed! No loss on your part, just saved you from getting busted is all. Consealed means nobody can see it?

50 Something

Not sure about TX. In VA both open carry (no permit required) and concealed carry (permit required) is allowed. My understanding of the law in VA is that concealing from common view while readily accessible is "concealed" (requiring a permit). Using that definition I wouldn't carry in that pocket without a permit in any state that has a similar definition of "concealed".

daggo66 06-11-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disraeli (Post 2462932)
Yeah, Daggo.

Thank you for that intelligent response. I had the RR neoprene seat covers and they were NOT waterproof.

50 Something 06-11-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRTRI (Post 2462941)
Not sure about TX. In VA both open carry (no permit required) and concealed carry (permit required) is allowed. My understanding of the law in VA is that concealing from common view while readily accessible is "concealed" (requiring a permit). Using that definition I wouldn't carry in that pocket without a permit in any state that has a similar definition of "concealed".

Oh, Yeah I forgot you guys started Open carry and the little F'er was from your home state that called the Law, simply because I mention to him his state was open carry and he was anti gun. So much for that.

I follow this site and signed our petition for Texas to no avail so far.

OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost! ...

Thank you for your insite my friend,

Marty

Zed 06-11-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRTRI

Same in PA. We can open carry but if hidden on your person or in your vehicle you need a conceal permit... Unless it is in your vehicle and you go DIRECTLY from your house to the range and back. No stops. The seat cover pocket would be a conceal carry unless the gun is broken down. AT least that is my understanding.