Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   First Time Jeep Buyer (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/first-time-jeep-buyer-165980.html)

Photoart35 06-11-2012 02:40 AM

First Time Jeep Buyer

Hello guys and gals.. Ive decided to include a new family in my life and thats the jeep community. What a wonderful community to be a part of. Since I am a newbie when it comes to everything jeep pardon my redundant questions that may of you have answered hundreds of times. Im pricing out jk wranglers at the moment. I love the 2012 rubicon two door. So I priced a rubicon at jeep.com and the MSRP of a two door with bare essentials came out to be $32,780 black two door, cloth seats, auto transmission, hard top and nothing else fancy... No navigation package, no touch screen. It's as basic as a rubicon can get besides the auto transmission. $32,780... after test driving one at a jeep dealer the sales guy came back with a price of $32,991 and after tax title and license out the door with keys in hand would be $35,405.97 No way do I want to pay sticker... Is this guy poking my eyes? I didn't accept anything as I am still window shopping.. but wow above sticker really? I want to sign up for tread lightly and present that to them because on treadlightly.com it says I can get 1% below factory. Anyways, any help I can get would be very educational.

MrSig 06-11-2012 02:57 AM

Welcome and enjoy the forum! Good luck with your purchase.

blkrubi88 06-11-2012 04:05 AM

Welcome!

TrekJohnC 06-11-2012 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photoart35
Hello guys and gals.. Ive decided to include a new family in my life and thats the jeep community. What a wonderful community to be a part of. Since I am a newbie when it comes to everything jeep pardon my redundant questions that may of you have answered hundreds of times. Im pricing out jk wranglers at the moment. I love the 2012 rubicon two door. So I priced a rubicon at jeep.com and the MSRP of a two door with bare essentials came out to be $32,780 black two door, cloth seats, auto transmission, hard top and nothing else fancy... No navigation package, no touch screen. It's as basic as a rubicon can get besides the auto transmission. $32,780... after test driving one at a jeep dealer the sales guy came back with a price of $32,991 and after tax title and license out the door with keys in hand would be $35,405.97 No way do I want to pay sticker... Is this guy poking my eyes? I didn't accept anything as I am still window shopping.. but wow above sticker really? I want to sign up for tread lightly and present that to them because on treadlightly.com it says I can get 1% below factory. Anyways, any help I can get would be very educational.

I got my new JK this weekend. I asked to see invoice and proposed 2% under sticker. We haggled a while and I told the "manager" i would need time to think and would plan to come back next weekend - surprise he immediately agreed to 1% (where I really was trying to be). Remember the golden rule: "whoever has the gold makes the rules" - just say no and leave and let the dealer think it over.

Beastmaster 06-11-2012 08:43 AM

Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

SilverSport 06-11-2012 10:21 PM

Welcome Aboard! :wavey: Rule of thumb: multiply the sticker price by .9483 and you will be real close to dealer invoice.

TrekJohnC 06-11-2012 10:52 PM

Thank you, glad to be here

Rocjeepn 06-11-2012 11:28 PM

Welcome!

kayseegee 07-24-2012 02:35 PM

Thanks for the welcome!

Photoart35 07-25-2012 01:45 AM

Thanks for all the great info guys!!

SilverSport 07-26-2012 03:39 AM

Did you make a purchase yet?